Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 754

Thread: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

  1. #401
    win or lose, we booze jmh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    BK
    Posts
    44,237

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    So...what does a guy do when he gets a text message from a random number that says: Hey, (my name), its ______ from _____ bar, want to go get dinner tonight? I have no effing clue who this person is.
    Ask your friends who you were with at that bar whether they remember you talking to someone by her name, since you were obviously too hammered to remember giving her your number, and, if they do remember, ask whether she was attractive.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  2. #402
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,194

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    So...what does a guy do when he gets a text message from a random number that says: Hey, (my name), its ______ from _____ bar, want to go get dinner tonight? I have no effing clue who this person is.
    Say yes and send MNS as a scout.

  3. #403
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    I responded with saying that I didn't have her number saved in my phone, so I'm not sure who this is, when did I meet you there... Apparently I met her about a month ago, her name is Christina, and she's a blonde hair, blue eye, teacher. I vaguely remember her, it is a very, very good bet that I was quite drunk. MNS, was probably there that night, maybe he remembers something...

    I told her that I can't do anything tonight, which is the truth, I am planning on going out with some friends, but I maybe another day might work out.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  4. #404
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,988

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by burgie12 View Post
    Let's not bring FD's boobs into this!
    Dude... -_-

  5. #405
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    30,857

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Name kind of rings a bell...but, I can't picture her. Let's be honest, blonde hair and blue eyes wouldn't really narrow it down for you.

  6. #406
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,894

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Name kind of rings a bell...but, I can't picture her. Let's be honest, blonde hair and blue eyes wouldn't really narrow it down for you.
    DUDE! Was it that crazy chick who lives by me?! I think her name was Christina. She was HAMMERED that night. And you gave her your number/card, I know that much.

    Edit: I think we had a dollar bet on if she'd text/call you within the week. If we did, I owe you a dollar.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  7. #407
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    DUDE! Was it that crazy chick who lives by me?! I think her name was Christina. She was HAMMERED that night. And you gave her your number/card, I know that much.

    Edit: I think we had a dollar bet on if she'd text/call you within the week. If we did, I owe you a dollar.
    Is it? She was a looker! We've been exchanging texts, sounds like we may plan on just meeting up at TK's tomorrow night.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  8. #408
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,894

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Is it? She was a looker! We've been exchanging texts, sounds like we may plan on just meeting up at TK's tomorrow night.
    I'm almost sure of it. The name sticks out, and I know that the timeframe is about right, give or take a week. The only other girl you have mentioned is the bra-girl, which I didn't see happen.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  9. #409
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,988

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    DUDE! Was it that crazy chick who lives by me?!
    How the hell should I know?

  10. #410
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    30,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I'm almost sure of it. The name sticks out, and I know that the timeframe is about right, give or take a week. The only other girl you have mentioned is the bra-girl, which I didn't see happen.
    Bra-girl was brunette...and she only had his work number

  11. #411
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,894

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Bra-girl was brunette...and she only had his work number
    Then it has to be the shortie-cutie. Unless only you two were there some night and he gave out a number.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  12. #412
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    I was planning on going to the bar tonight, and she mentioned that she was going to be there. Anyone who wants to show up and see who this girl is, let me know. For the record, my guess is that she is not attractive, because for some reason I'm thinking she isn't the girl brent thinks she is. Just a gut feeling.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  13. #413
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    30,857
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I was planning on going to the bar tonight, and she mentioned that she was going to be there. Anyone who wants to show up and see who this girl is, let me know. For the record, my guess is that she is not attractive, because for some reason I'm thinking she isn't the girl brent thinks she is. Just a gut feeling.
    I'll be at Senser's to watch the Sioux game then I'll probably head there after the game...

  14. #414
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,500

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    So I have this friend at work, and sometimes his wife shows up downtown for happy hour with us, and the last couple times she's had a friend tag along. The friend is not attractive in the least. She makes the Commie look tame with her vulgarity, and she's not attractive in the least. Did I say that already? Well it's very, very true.

    All of this leads up to showing up to work Monday after the first time she was hanging out with us, and my buddy comes walking in with an amused grimace on his face. He hands me a slip of paper saying, "I just want to be on record that I do not want to be any part of this, but [my wife] is making me do this." He hands me a piece of paper with a name and phone number on it. I read the name, and then asked, "Who's [Missy]?" He tells me she's the wife's friend, and I reply, "I thought her name was Molly. I'm not calling her."

    Well, this past Friday "Missy" is there and nothing's out of sorts, amicable and all that. Yesterday I get an email from her; my buddy's wife gave her my email. When will women learn to stop meddling? I replied to the email saying that I'd hang out as friends, but that's it - she's a fun chick, just not attractive in any way, shape or form. I just want to know why women meddle - especially when they already know that one side or the other isn't interested.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  15. #415
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,194

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Simple - women are obsessed with match-making / denying reality / making situations fit their agenda.

    Your friend's wife in this case sees her friend needing a man and will manipulate situations as she sees fit, regardless of the lack of interest shown by any guys that happen to be drawn into the whole cluster****. Plus who knows, maybe she figures her friend's personality will win you over in the end.

  16. #416
    pain is temporary pride is forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Allston MA
    Posts
    9,147

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    Simple - women are obsessed with match-making / denying reality / making situations fit their agenda.

    Your friend's wife in this case sees her friend needing a man and will manipulate situations as she sees fit, regardless of the lack of interest shown by any guys that happen to be drawn into the whole cluster****. Plus who knows, maybe she figures her friend's personality will win you over in the end.
    Odd, me and my room mate were talking about the fact that women in our immediate social circle do not do these kinds of things. Of course one always must be weary of a friend hooking you up with her ugly friend, but I don't even get this sort of treatment. One of my chick friends who says she is going to ( and she has really hot friends) doesn't. Of course I have come to accept the responsibility as my own and have learned you should not count on women to do the work a guy aught to be doing. Maybe things are different in MN than they are here in NH.
    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

    -Herodotus

  17. #417
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by unh_hockey View Post
    Odd, me and my room mate were talking about the fact that women in our immediate social circle do not do these kinds of things. Of course one always must be weary of a friend hooking you up with her ugly friend, but I don't even get this sort of treatment. One of my chick friends who says she is going to ( and she has really hot friends) doesn't. Of course I have come to accept the responsibility as my own and have learned you should not count on women to do the work a guy aught to be doing. Maybe things are different in MN than they are here in NH.
    The girls in your group just don't have a desperate enough friend at this time to try to set you up with them. and that is not a rip on you, they just won't try to set a friend up with a guy unless she's really desperate.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  18. #418
    pain is temporary pride is forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Allston MA
    Posts
    9,147

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    The girls in your group just don't have a desperate enough friend at this time to try to set you up with them. and that is not a rip on you, they just won't try to set a friend up with a guy unless she's really desperate.
    That is a really good point. Women tend to be more self interested and seem to rather throw their better looking friends under the bus, but the not so desirable ones appear to get better treatment. To be fair, there have been a few cases where my lady friends have helped out. One instance was a chick in college who was into me and she helped facilitate that. Another more recent example was when I asked for contact info on a friends behalf and she obliged. However, these are exceptions to the rule.

    I just want to know why women meddle - especially when they already know that one side or the other isn't interested.

    People want what they can't have. Its why guys in relationships or guys who date women are more desirable than single guys. If you arent interested, you are telegraphing that you are unavailable which makes women drive to get you that much more.
    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

    -Herodotus

  19. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,988

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by unh_hockey View Post
    People want what they can't have. Its why guys in relationships or guys who date women are more desirable than single guys. If you arent interested, you are telegraphing that you are unavailable which makes women drive to get you that much more.
    That makes no sense whatsoever. It sort of makes me wish I stayed 100% geek instead of placing myself into social situations.

  20. #420
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,894

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Saw this on the interwebs, and slowly nodded my head:

    All girls want bad boys who will be good just for them. All guys want good girls who will be bad just for them.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •