Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 695

Thread: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

  1. #261
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,146

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytechfan View Post
    Yeah... the guy that something was sparking with is reminding me a liiiittle too much of YOUR approach two dating.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    "two"? Aren't you in college?
    She's also Admiral AcPro, so just remember that if you want to make a smart comment to her.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  2. #262
    :) crazytechfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    da Yoop
    Posts
    5,477

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Cut me some slack, my predictive text likes to pull fast ones on me...

  3. #263
    Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17,009

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytechfan View Post
    Cut me some slack, my predictive text likes to pull fast ones on me...
    If only some method currently existed to check a post for errors before posting...

  4. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,194

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by Almington View Post
    If only some method currently existed to check a post for errors before posting...
    That would require literacy.

  5. #265
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    30,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Almington View Post
    If only some method currently existed to check a post for errors before posting...
    You mean, like.......reading?

  6. #266
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytechfan View Post
    Yeah... the guy that something was sparking with is reminding me a liiiittle too much of YOUR approach two dating.
    My approach to "dating" is the only way to go. It took a couple years for me to figure it out, but once I did, it has turned out great.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  7. #267
    :) crazytechfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    da Yoop
    Posts
    5,477

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    So, apparently the aforementioned boy and I are on one week cycles. Have an amazing time during which he is genuinely sweet and awesome, then barely talk for a week, repeat.
    One may think this sounds like fwb, but it's not! There haven't been supposed benefits! (Of that sort)

    Ugh. This guy hasn't seriously dated anyone since he was 20 (now 24)
    She broke his heart, so I get hesitance but this is just odd.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,988

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytechfan View Post
    So, apparently the aforementioned boy and I are on one week cycles. Have an amazing time during which he is genuinely sweet and awesome, then barely talk for a week, repeat.
    One may think this sounds like fwb, but it's not! There haven't been supposed benefits! (Of that sort)

    Ugh. This guy hasn't seriously dated anyone since he was 20 (now 24)
    She broke his heart, so I get hesitance but this is just odd.
    It isn't that odd. At one point, I hadn't had a first date, like, ever. Some of us guys just suck at this whole dating thing.

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,194

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It isn't that odd. At one point, I hadn't had a first date, like, ever. Some of us guys just suck at this whole dating thing.
    And some women suck dick - if you find those women, you'll suck at dating less.

  10. #270
    :) crazytechfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    da Yoop
    Posts
    5,477
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It isn't that odd. At one point, I hadn't had a first date, like, ever. Some of us guys just suck at this whole dating thing.
    I suggest options of things to do out there though. It's not lack of effort on MY part.

  11. #271
    Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17,009

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytechfan View Post
    I suggest options of things to do out there though. It's not lack of effort on MY part.
    Clearly you are not doing something right. Which isn't a surprise to anyone.

  12. #272
    pain is temporary pride is forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Allston MA
    Posts
    9,147

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Potentially 3 options on the table here. The newest was one of the more unique attempts. Literally walked up to her and her friend and started talking to her. She liked it, but accidentally gave her mother’s phone number out ( their phone numbers vary by one digit), so I started talking to the mother. Obviously I am not profane when I first reach out, so I made a good first impression and embarrassed the hell out of the chick who’s number I wanted ( and subsequently got from the mrs).

    ..didn’t know girls born in 1990 could drink. Wowzers!
    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

    -Herodotus

  13. #273
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by unh_hockey View Post
    didn't know girls born in 1990 could drink. Wowzers!
    This makes me feel old.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  14. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,988

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by unh_hockey View Post
    ..didn’t know girls born in 1990 could drink. Wowzers!
    Well, about half of them...

  15. #275
    pain is temporary pride is forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Allston MA
    Posts
    9,147

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    This makes me feel old.
    You and me both bro
    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

    -Herodotus

  16. #276
    :) crazytechfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    da Yoop
    Posts
    5,477

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    It makes me happy, means I'm that much closer!

  17. #277
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,911

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytechfan View Post
    It makes me happy, means I'm that much closer!
    Why would you care? You've been a drunk since your 17th birthday.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  18. #278
    :) crazytechfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    da Yoop
    Posts
    5,477
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Why would you care? You've been a drunk since your 17th birthday.
    BS! Though, that was the first time I drank.

  19. #279
    **** it feels good to be a bankster ScottM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    A Bar Called Heaven
    Posts
    8,625

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Quote Originally Posted by unh_hockey View Post
    Potentially 3 options on the table here. The newest was one of the more unique attempts. Literally walked up to her and her friend and started talking to her. She liked it, but accidentally gave her mother’s phone number out ( their phone numbers vary by one digit), so I started talking to the mother. Obviously I am not profane when I first reach out, so I made a good first impression and embarrassed the hell out of the chick who’s number I wanted ( and subsequently got from the mrs).

    ..didn’t know girls born in 1990 could drink. Wowzers!
    It never hurts to make a good impression on the 'rents, especially if this one has potential for an LTR, and she gets along well with her mother.
    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

    "I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken


  20. #280
    pain is temporary pride is forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Allston MA
    Posts
    9,147

    Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

    Very true, if I was looking for an LTR. Right now, I’m not. I certainly wasn’t when I was unemployed. Its as the saying goes, when you aren’t looking for women you get them. I’m not ( in that sense) and the skys the limit. I went what people would call a ‘date’ a few weeks ago, but nothing came of it. Odder still is that after a few weeks of nothing, she’s talking to me again. I’ll just let it play out.
    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

    -Herodotus

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •