Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

When I was engaged, it was:

Bargain wedding dress, 2 people per side for wedding party, and close family only in attendance (prob 30 people max?). Reception was anyone who wanted to come, no reserved place. It was a local bar. Fuggit. It would have been her second time being married, obviously my first. The actual rite was what was important to us. Didn't need to be a show.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well, women do like confidence in a man.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        When I was engaged, it was:

Bargain wedding dress, 2 people per side for wedding party, and close family only in attendance (prob 30 people max?). Reception was anyone who wanted to come, no reserved place. It was a local bar. Fuggit. It would have been her second time being married, obviously my first. The actual rite was what was important to us. Didn't need to be a show.
        An alternate plan.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          . Be true to you guys (also, make sure you have at least 30 minutes to yourself after the wedding, but before the reception to just relax and revel in the moment).
          and for first legal oral?!?
          (some states. others still frown upon unnatural acts )
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

My ideal wedding:

My partner and I up front
            5-6 people a side (basically my trans friends on my side)
            Full church
            No assigned seating at the reception
            No cake, but cookies, muffins, scones, etc
            Definitely no chicken dance
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Definitely no chicken dance
              That, and no "train" dances either.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                That, and no "train" dances either.
                We're not doing a conga line, either.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Those are still things?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

But Fade, don't be surprised if you hear "The Train" by Quad City DJs at my reception.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Those are still things?
                      Unless specifically specified, a MN wedding will have:
                      Chicken Dance
                      The latest line dance craze
                      Conga line
                      And toss in some inappropriate wedding songs like "You Shook Me (All Night Long)"
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Chicken Dance
                        Conga line
                        And toss in some inappropriate wedding songs like "You Shook Me (All Night Long)"
                        Which is why I'm not having my wedding in Minnesota.

Comment

Chicken Dance
                          Conga line
                          I've not seen those in the last X number of weddings I've attended or been married.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            I've not seen those in the last X number of weddings I've attended or been married.
                            Was is specifically specified? The Do Not Play Lists have increased greatly over the last few years. Some don't even think about that aspect, then WHOOPS.

Comment

Was is specifically specified? The Do Not Play Lists have increased greatly over the last few years. Some don't even think about that aspect, then WHOOPS.
                              No, never specified in the two I know specifically. Although the line dancing - old ones, did make their way into one of them, the more I think about it. The bride and a couple friends were reliving their trip to Nashville from a couple years prior.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                No, never specified in the two I know specifically. Although the line dancing - old ones, did make their way into one of them, the more I think about it. The bride and a couple friends were reliving their trip to Nashville from a couple years prior.
                                Gotcha. Of the last few weddings I was a part of, the majority asked for 5 songs to add to the DNP List. That was actually the first question asked.

Comment

Working...
                                X