Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    My wife passed away on April 15(Tax Day!! I always said she had a sense of humor) 6 years ago and it took me just about 4 years until I felt I was ready to play the dating game again. I punched in dating sites on Google and one of the recommends was Plenty of Fish. Went out on a coupla dates and then met someone and we clicked. Been going out now for a little over a year and a half, my condo is up for sale and we're getting an apartment to live out our golden years.

Give POF a try, worked for me.
    Good on you!

If I liked banana bread, I'd be baking and eating it non-stop. I want nothing to do with dating/relationships. Yes, part of it is b/c of my last relationship, won't lie (over her, don't get me wrong: she exists. That's about it). I just like doing what I want when I want and how I want.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Funny this thread should pop up/resurrect today. My brother is drunk, partying in San Antonio, TX, this week. I received some overnight text messages from him.

Verbatim:

"So I am drunk and on vacation in San Antonio Texas and I noticed that I have a Target bag with your name on it... "

"You know how street cred. Go ahead and ask that cut girl from your work out, "

When he's drunk, he's either overly truthful or really in the mood to mess with people. I'm not sure which on this one, but I'm not overly worried by it. I don't know any cute girls in my office who are single and anywhere near my age bracket. So I'm leaning towards the messing-with-people option today.

Except for the bag, I was missing one of my reusable bags.
      No, he meant cut girl. Join a gym and start boxing. This is just like Cheryl's old gypsy woman said!
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Good on you!

If I liked banana bread, I'd be baking and eating it non-stop. I want nothing to do with dating/relationships. Yes, part of it is b/c of my last relationship, won't lie (over her, don't get me wrong: she exists. That's about it). I just like doing what I want when I want and how I want.
        Which brings us to another classic, Happily single
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Which brings us to another classic, Happily single
          nanookfan, right?

Single right now... but I also don't want "Miss Right Now" either. I'm thinking of Mikey in "Swingers" and that's definitely not who I want to be while looking for a girl.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            nanookfan, right?
            Yes, he was happily single, hanging out outside the local library afterhours for some free wi-fi, and baking banana bread for the office cutie.

These threads used to be an absolute gold mine.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yes, he was happily single, hanging out outside the local library afterhours for some free wi-fi, and baking banana bread for the office cutie.

All the gold. There was him, and the infamous "stealing a gf" between posters, and of course the psycho/stolen helmet (forgot the details) incident.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It was pretty comforting to know I didn't have the worst game on the boards at the time...
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I am happy to announce that I stopped chasing... and am now dating a wonderful trans person named Jessica.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    I am happy to announce that I stopped chasing... and am now dating a wonderful trans person named Jessica.
                    Good luck, Amber. You rock.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Good luck, Amber. You rock.
                      Thanks. In 2017, we started talking, and it just grew from there. She makes me happy... well, I've been happy for a while... so happier.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The only downside with Jessica is she lives in Alaska, but we're committed to making this work.

Comment

Dating in 2019 as a single dad sucks...that is all.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Sucks as someone without kids too. I swear in Mn I’d have better luck if I had kids- everyone else was married with kids long ago and at least single parents meet each other at kid stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Sucks as someone without kids too. I swear in Mn I’d have better luck if I had kids- everyone else was married with kids long ago and at least single parents meet each other at kid stuff
                                probably need to wait for my daughter to be a little older for that, but thats true.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X