Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BC gearing up.

BC gearing up.

Once again Boston College is hitting its stride just in time for the NCAA t'ment,Eagles captured HE regular season title with home and away victories over closest rival UNH this wknd.

Re: BC gearing up.

Who knew?

there's a good buck in that racket.

No wonder newspapers are dying....

The Retired 108 Guy

And yet I remember recently being told by several people, quite a few times, and very emphatically, that BC sucks! Are you questioning their analysis of the situation?

I never knew UNH was BC's closest rival!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    I can only assume he meant closest competition in Hockey East??
    Boston College Eagles National Championships: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Minnesota Golden Gophers National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Holding court

Well, BC does play them more for relevant hardware than they do vs. BU. Perhaps Parker should put down the Jack Daniels and get working on improving his 1 good season a decade clip that he's been running on since Jerry showed up down the street!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDen View Post
    Once again Boston College is hitting its stride just in time for the NCAA t'ment,Eagles captured HE regular season title with home and away victories over closest rival UNH this wknd.
    Honestly most BC fans would rather have the HE Tournament. Coming in 2nd place would not be a big deal. Vermont did beat BC once this year but UMass plays BC tougher. It would be sweet playing BU again in the post season. It's possible we could play them 2 more times, HE Tournament and NCAA's.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Well, BC does play them more for relevant hardware than they do vs. BU. Perhaps Parker should put down the Jack Daniels and get working on improving his 1 good season a decade clip that he's been running on since Jerry showed up down the street!
    A good season a decade is at least consistent. BC, however, has been very inconsistent. Going half a century without a national championship. Then picking up three in a decade. Very inconsistent indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    Honestly most BC fans would rather have the HE Tournament. Coming in 2nd place would not be a big deal. Vermont did beat BC once this year but UMass plays BC tougher. It would be sweet playing BU again in the post season. It's possible we could play them 2 more times, HE Tournament and NCAA's.
    I'd rather have both

But ya, if you're only gonna win one...obviously the tourney. I'm certainly not looking past UMass. While they aren't winning games, they've been very competitive with some good teams down the stretch. UMass won't be a cupcake like Michigan Tech is out in the big, bad WCHA

As for BU, wouldn't you much rather see poor old NU end their season?

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post

I'll take playing BC two more times this seasons, as it would likely mean that BU beat BC in the HEA Tournament to meet them in the NCAA's. :-D

BU Alum '07

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

Well since BC isn't in Boston, maybe it is closer to UHN.
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDen View Post
    Add in the Beanpot title & I don't really see a need to even play out the rest of the season. Duh! Winning!
    Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
    Steven Tyler

IF BC doesn't win the national title this year, the 2010-2011 season will be a disappointment. Defending national champs with most of last year's team back. Should be a slam dunk

What? Arrogance isn't just a Minnesota thing? Well gee... I need to move.

Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I'll take playing BC two more times this seasons, as it would likely mean that BU beat BC in the HEA Tournament to meet them in the NCAA's. :-D
    Sure I'll play you guys 2 more times this year. BC matches up well this year against BU. You get the excitement and the rivalry going again of two bitter rivals
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose Zudnic's Avatar

I think this is a jinx thread.
    Boston College Eagle Hockey "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    good thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Stack View Post
    IF BC doesn't win the national title this year, the 2010-2011 season will be a disappointment. Defending national champs with most of last year's team back. Should be a slam dunk
    Have you seen North Dakota play at all? I , of course would be disappointed but no one is ever a slam dunk in this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    As for BU, wouldn't you much rather see poor old NU end their season?
    Sure it's always nice to see BU lose, but after watching those 3 games, starting with the Beanpot, NU scares me more than BU. NU played all 4 games tough (2-0, 7-6 OT, 7-7, 1-2) Right now, this year, we have BU's number so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zudnic View Post
    I think this is a jinx thread.
    as a superstitious type, i agree..........plus, we didnt get to 1000 posts on the other thread. i think that we should.........

Thread Information