X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 V: The "Chase" to AC & Beyond

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    congrats to Chase & Nick (1st Team ECAC)....Allen (3rd Team) & Chase for one of 3 finalists for POY http://www.rpiathletics.com/
    Very much deserved. RPI had 3 players named total for the awards which was the same as Yale and Princeton. Union led the league with 6 named players.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

troyboy and I have done our own calculations using our time tested formula of einey meeney miney moo and we concur with RH probablity %
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        I really respect all the work you've done, and I don't want this observation to come across the wrong way, and perhaps my perspective is skewed from having been a lifelong Cubs' fan.....

It seems to me you omitted an important variable from your calculations, especially when engineers are concerned! You can call it Maxwell's demon, you can call it Murphy's law, however you phrase it mathematically, in English it basically says "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong."

Or as Schrodinger's cat said right after the box was opened, 'however you view the superposition of probability wave states while the box was closed, once the box is opened all the probability waves except one collapse to zero, while one wave....ah!" and the cat stopped speaking......
        Stop hitting us with the negative waves.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

congrats to Chase & Nick (1st Team ECAC)....Allen (3rd Team) & Chase for one of 3 finalists for POY http://www.rpiathletics.com/
          Well deserved for all. Bailen was off the charts good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            FreshFish is only making sure that we aren't counting our chickens before they hatch. Can we make it? Yes. Have we made it yet? No.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              FreshFish is only making sure that we aren't counting our chickens before they hatch. Can we make it? Yes. Have we made it yet? No.

Why do you pick on me all the time? BTW - where are ur calculations?
              Last edited by AspyDad; 03-16-2011, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I was hoping Helfrich could have found his way onto at least the 3rd team but I can't argue with the selections....would've picked Andrew Miller over O'Neil for 1of3 in POY
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Why do you pick on me all the time? BTW - where are ur calculations?
                  I call out anyone that is either misinformed or getting ahead of themselves. In your case, it's a cross between the second reason for calling out and your NHL loyalties. As for calculations, I have played with the Pairwise Predictor enough to know that there are situations where RPI makes it, and there are also situations where RPI does not. That means we are not safely in yet.

Comment

Congrats to all. The fact that York was third team means that he probably won't get the Dryden award. It will give him something to shoot for next season (hint, hint ).
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

New one for Rhamilton...

From your tool/data, can you tell us how our chances change based on the 4 possible outcomes from the Thursday games?

Comment

I sincerely hope that all of those negative probability waves collapse to zero within the next two weeks and RPI is in as a 3rd line seed!!

It's just that, with my son, you could have a four-acre field of grass for him to play in and within 30 seconds he'd find the only 18" x 18" patch of mud in the whole place. The first time we went to the beach at low tide he managed to get his toe in a crab's pincer within the first minute of running around. etc. etc.

Maybe if I am gloomy enough I can get the negative waves to coalesce around me and leave the team alone!
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

We only have to wait about 36 hours to see how some of the probabilites will change. I have made my plans to watch the 2 thursday games if Comcast carries them here in NJ.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            We only have to wait about 36 hours to see how some of the probabilites will change. I have made my plans to watch the 2 thursday games if Comcast carries them here in NJ.
                            The CC game is on Fox College Sports-Central, which is nationally available on Comcast (via the "Sports Entertainment" package or similar).

Comment

A few tidbits on my mind. 1- How crappy the ice may be in AC 69 degrees forcasted on Friday. 2- Helfrich is back on the first line with CHASE. 3- After 2 shg allowed I think Coach took out that leave the puck for CHASE coming up the center play. 4- I have looked at the different regions if we get in. Flights are $420 cheapest I found to GB and ST LOUIS. Amtrak is $250 round trip. The drive to Manchester and Bridgeport from Troy is 3 and 3 1/2 hours.
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Great job to Bailen and CHASE. First team honor and YORKIE with 3rd team. Looking forward to CHase being named a top 10 tomorrow hobey finalist, and ECAC POTY right after.
                                Good article in paper today http://troyrecord.com/articles/2011/...3392061068.txt
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X