Boston University vs Providence 2/18 and 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University vs Providence 2/18 and 19

When did Clark Donatelli join Army's coaching staff?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      When did Clark Donatelli join Army's coaching staff?
      He's been there from the start of this season, or very early into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        So can we assume that since the BU fans think it is funny and they are playing a Catholic school this weekend that the fanboys will be chanting "your priests touched you"? Or is that just funny when it's against BC?
        So... did the fanboys chant this at the PC fans this weekend too? Important question that needs to be answered.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So... did the fanboys chant this at the PC fans this weekend too? Important question that needs to be answered.
          I think that is a BC only chant for the most part. If we were to chant that for PC wouldn't it be "your Friar touched you"? Just trying to clarify here...haha
          GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
            I think that is a BC only chant for the most part. If we were to chant that for PC wouldn't it be "your Friar touched you"? Just trying to clarify here...haha
            I'm going to take a stab in the dark and hope for my mother's alma mater, CGS right?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              I'm going to take a stab in the dark and hope for my mother's alma mater, CGS right?
              No not actually. Good try though. I am not saying it is classy or anything but there is always going to be stuff chanted back and forth my friend. It is college hockey. It is meant to annoy BC kids/fans and it obviously does if it gets brought up on a weekend when we are not even playing them.
              GO BU

Comment

Let's look at this from another perspective. While some ardent Catholics probably were annoyed or offended, the BC fans here don't seem to be and are guilting you fanboys into discussing it. If you agree that it is not funny and shouldn't be said, you admit the fanboys are losers (duh... we already knew that anyway). This is the easy way out and best scenario but it's a fight against the nature of your fanboy DNA. Rule #1 about fanboy club is you never talk about fanboy club and rule #2 is everything you all do as fans should be commended and you are the paragon of college hockey fandom (including having pet names for your players and then rationalizing it is ok by comparing it to people calling Alex Rodriguez AROD). If you disagree and think it's ok and it is funny, you'll keep getting drilled on this and drag it on and make the fanboys look even worse to any rational BU fan (God help the good souls like mookie, Jofa, BU2K, and scarlet) and any other fan from around the country that might stumble onto the thread.

So either way, you fanboys lose. It's just up to you all to determine how bad you all look in hindsight.

On another note, I'd like to welcome you to the board, mpereira. BU is clearly a fanboy factory and no one can deny it.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Why are we still talking about the priests chant? I used to think it was okay, then realized it was horribly worded, and now agree it should be retired, or at least rephrased.
                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                  ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                    I used to think it was okay, then realized it was horribly worded, and now agree it should be retired, or at least rephrased.
                    Let's hear some of the rephrased/reworded jokes about kids getting molested by priests that you think are acceptable and relevant at Boston College hockey games. You don't have to pick just one... give us your 3-5 best. Maybe we can vote the best one after you post them or something.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Let's hear some of the rephrased/reworded jokes about kids getting molested by priests that you think are acceptable and relevant at Boston College hockey games. You don't have to pick just one... give us your 3-5 best. Maybe we can vote the best one after you post them or something.
                      Yeah like listing those 3-5 ways isn't going to get me banned for a few weeks real quick...haha. I think the way it is phrased now is perfect for its goal which is to annoy BC fans and tick them off. It does this quite evidently as we are still talking about it now. Is it the classiest chant in the world? No but will it stop because BC might get offended? Nope. That chant will stop the day BC kids stop acting like the arrogant punks that they all are and stop claiming to go to school in Boston. It is a rivalry and when you hate a group of people you'll do anything to annoy them and offend them. What do BC fans expect to be chanted back after the "Jesus loves us" chant? Yeah that's not arrogant or anything. It goes back and forth so singling out one chant on one side is just a biased perspective because the chant ticks you off.
                      GO BU

Comment

Yeah like listing those 3-5 ways isn't going to get me banned for a few weeks real quick...haha. I think the way it is phrased now is perfect for its goal which is to annoy BC fans and tick them off. It does this quite evidently as we are still talking about it now. Is it the classiest chant in the world? No but will it stop because BC might get offended? Nope. That chant will stop the day BC kids stop acting like the arrogant punks that they all are and stop claiming to go to school in Boston. It is a rivalry and when you hate a group of people you'll do anything to annoy them and offend them. What do BC fans expect to be chanted back after the "Jesus loves us" chant? Yeah that's not arrogant or anything. It goes back and forth so singling out one chant on one side is just a biased perspective because the chant ticks you off.
                        HAHAHAHAHAHA. Another stupid fanboy. You're going to fit in real well here with the rest of them.

The hilarious part is that you even got the tip that you would look dumber by rationalizing this behavior and here you are looking as dumb as possible. Bad reading skills, limited social skills, bad logic, and low IQ. No wonder why you got rejected by BC and ended up at BU.
                        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-25-2011, 07:50 AM.
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Another stupid fanboy. You're going to fit in real well here with the rest of them.

The hilarious part is that you even got the tip that you would look dumber by rationalizing this behavior and here you are looking as dumb as possible. Bad reading skills, limited social skills, bad logic, and low IQ. No wonder why you got rejected by BC and ended up at BU.
                          Yeah I didn't apply to BC because there is nothing attractive about the campus or school. They also don't even have an engineering program(which I was applying to schools for and BU has one of the best in the country) so get off your high horse about the academics there killer. I know plenty of kids who pick BU or other schools over BC. The only kids who go there are idiots who think the chance to lose to Duke and UNC in basketball year after year is something great. Plus you didn't even answer any of my points just go with the traditional "stupid fan boy" comments blah blah blah.
                          GO BU

Comment

Yeah I didn't apply to BC because there is nothing attractive about the campus or school.
                            Bahhaahahahahahahahahhhahahahhahahaha.

I know this is a lot for you to absorb with your stellar engineering education but here goes:

BC: Jesuits :: PC : Franciscans

But Jesuits & Franciscans are priests.

Comment

There isn't much to respond to. Your opinion on the matter speaks for itself. Chanting something stupid ...not offensive, just plain stupid... is justifiable in your mind because the BC fans chanted "Jesus loves us", it might tick BC people off, the BC students act like "arrogant punks", they claim to go to school in Boston (do they really? or do they just claim to go to hockey and football games in Boston?), it's a rivalry/you hate BC so you will "do anything" to offend them (so I guess you have no limits there, hopefully you have some self control and restraint to hold back your anger, bitterness, jealousy, and hate towards BC), and because it goes "back and forth" (although I don't recall chants from BC fans about people getting molested... although one probably could claim that BC has prison-raped your Terriers this year).

You admit it's not classy so I will give you half a point for that but I'm taking it away right afterwards anyway for the fact that you're still arguing that it's something reasonably good to yell at a hockey game.

And lastly, the bad logic that comes from "It does this [annoy] quite evidently as we are still talking about it now" which only applies to BC fans. You're still talking about it, so that must mean it bothers you as well. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK.

Carl Sagan once said, "the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."

We're laughing at you and it's not because you're a genius.

Comment

Yeah I didn't apply to BC because there is nothing attractive about the campus or school.
                                *****http://www.hotlipstickchicks.com/****BostonGirls/bc_bostonCoeds_nightclubchicks.jpg******

They also don't even have an engineering program(which I was applying to schools for and BU has one of the best in the country)
                                They are #42 in the country, beside you need to be smart to be an engineer. You should switch majors now before you waste any more of your parents money.
                                http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...ankings/page+2

Man, I swear you belong in the Ylae thread.
                                Last edited by jcarter7669; 02-25-2011, 08:43 AM.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X