X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can B.C. win D-I again?

Yes. Yes, they can.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Does this remind anyone else of a really bad installment of the Chappelle Show skit "When Keepin' It Real Goes Wrong"?

I honestly expect someone to end their next post with "I don't like people playing on my phone."
      You a b****, and so is your aunt.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        Buddy...I'm a Brown fan too. Why do you seem to think I'm choosing Yale over Brown here?

The fact of the matter is that Yale hasn't been found guilty of cheating. They have checked and re-checked the situation with the NCAA, the Ivy League, and the ECAC, and he has been cleared on all three fronts. Objectively, he's good to go.

Do I want Yale to be better than Brown? No. But they are. And Cahill is an ELIGIBLE (and significant) part of that #1 team.
        Yale* is as guilty as sin. Unfortunately, it won't come out for years and when it does it won't matter.
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          Yale* is as guilty as sin. Unfortunately, it won't come out for years and when it does it won't matter.
          Cahill was also the second shooter on the grassy knoll in Dallas in 1963
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Yes, just blatantly disregard proven facts (the fact that Cahill has been proven eligible by the NCAA) in order to support your biases! This is America, after all!
            how do you know he meant cahill? maybe he has information on someone else coming down the pipeline. i think you should put away your jump to conclusions mat. didnt you hear that it was a horrible, horrible idea in the first place?
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Cahill was also the second shooter on the grassy knoll in Dallas in 1963
              Can't be... He shoots left.

The Lindbergh baby is still a possibility, though.
              Last edited by goblue78; 01-27-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                I'll reiterate for a third time, though it's likely a fruitless endeavor: where is your evidence? Prove to me, beyond reasonable doubt, that Yale is guilty. Until then, you have no premise upon which to form a conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                  Can't be... He shoots left.

The Lindbergh baby is still a possibilty, though.
                  Think about it, Kennedy was a Hahvahd man.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Can the win the D1 title again? Sure, why not. Will they? Probably not. Its very difficult to win back to back championships and theres several teams that are just as good as BC if not better.
                    Even still, theres no reason why BC shouldnt be VERY confident about their chances to win another championship.
                    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                    Originally posted by MadCityRich
                    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Absolutely. Why not?
                      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

I'll reiterate for a third time, though it's likely a fruitless endeavor: where is your evidence? Prove to me, beyond reasonable doubt, that Yale is guilty. Until then, you have no premise upon which to form a conclusion.
                        If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit! OJ is innocent!

Thanks Johnny Cochrane.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Carmine, how is that Best Western Roundhouse in Southie, thinking of staying there for one night to take in a concert at the House of Blues. It's gotta be nicer than the Hojo's at Fenway, thanks
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

This must be what it's like to be a Terrier, because I feel so much more dumberer after opening this thread.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                              Can the win the D1 title again? Sure, why not. Will they? Probably not. Its very difficult to win back to back championships and theres several teams that are just as good as BC if not better.
                              Even still, theres no reason why BC shouldnt be VERY confident about their chances to win another championship.
                              While I agree that it's tough to repeat, we've seen two recent examples of it after not seeing it for a long time. This BC team certainly has the makings of a title contender. I definitely don't think there are several teams that are better than BC or even just as good. At the same time, I think there are around 6 teams that have a shot at the title:

BC
                              Yale
                              UND
                              UMD
                              Denver
                              Michigan

If the National Champion isn't one of these teams, I'll be very surprised.

Comment

If you look back at all the NCAA title teams the teams winning it all have at least one Minnesotan on their roster. If they don't have a Minnesotan on their roster the likelyhood of them winning it all is slim to none.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X