Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Maybe the third season thread will turn it around?

For tonight: (from Shirtless)
    Out: Baker, Pietila
    Doubtful: Gordic, Lickteig
    Questionable: Royer
    Probable: Olson

My only correction to that is Royer, he is out, at least a couple more weeks from my source anyways, about 2-3 weeks each for Pietila and Royer

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a thread war.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a thread war.
    I see your thread and raise you one more? (how many season threads could we make before we get banned?)

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

I actually like this one better myself. Yielded.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techcodemonkey View Post
    Maybe the third season thread will turn it around?

For tonight: (from Shirtless)
    Out: Baker, Pietila
    Doubtful: Gordic, Lickteig
    Questionable: Royer
    Probable: Olson

My only correction to that is Royer, he is out, at least a couple more weeks from my source anyways, about 2-3 weeks each for Pietila and Royer
    Well the Mining Gazette article states that Royer has been practicing...thats why I bumped him up. There are probably 4 or 5 other guys that would fit under the Probable tag...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Well the Mining Gazette article states that Royer has been practicing...thats why I bumped him up. There are probably 4 or 5 other guys that would fit under the Probable tag...
    yeah apparently we might be down one of our d-men tonight?

I know Sova and Brown have both been hurting

Waiting To Win It All

Another thought: People, myself included, are looking at the injuries and trying to figure out if it is something related to the staff. The Redwings suffer about as many injuries as Tech, it seems, and nobody is questioning Babcock or the Redwings trainers.

Similar number of injuries, yet we (me) tend to scrutinize Tech's injuries more because we are losing.

Guess I hadn't thought about that before.
    Philbert
    ---------------
    Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
    GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
    Similar number of injuries, yet we (me) tend to scrutinize Tech's injuries more because we are losing.
    The Wings have the depth to still win games without Datsyuk, Cleary, etc. Tech does not, and cannot ever be expected to have that kind of depth.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The Wings have the depth to still win games without Datsyuk, Cleary, etc. Tech does not, and cannot ever be expected to have that kind of depth.
    i was gonna say the exact same thing

Waiting To Win It All

Be that as it may, throwing records aside, I am wondering why we (I) treat the injury culture of the Detroit Redwings different than I treat the injury culture of Tech. I know that winning and depth has a lot to do with it. However, we sit here and criticize the Tech coaching staff and training staff because we have X number of injuries, and yet the Redwings could have a number of injuries pretty close to X and it is just bad luck. I guess my point is that perhaps I should just accept that the recent injury culture of Michigan Tech is potentially a statistical abberation instead of trying to pinpoint and create an exact reason for it and place blame.

Now, there are other major differences between the teams. One wins, the other has the PLC (not to be confused with the PLGC).
    Philbert
    ---------------
    Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
    GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Quote Originally Posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
    Be that as it may, throwing records aside, I am wondering why we (I) treat the injury culture of the Detroit Redwings different than I treat the injury culture of Tech. I know that winning and depth has a lot to do with it. However, we sit here and criticize the Tech coaching staff and training staff because we have X number of injuries, and yet the Redwings could have a number of injuries pretty close to X and it is just bad luck. I guess my point is that perhaps I should just accept that the recent injury culture of Michigan Tech is potentially a statistical abberation instead of trying to pinpoint and create an exact reason for it and place blame.

Now, there are other major differences between the teams. One wins, the other has the PLC (not to be confused with the PLGC).
    82 games vs 38 games...3 straight seasons of crazy injuries...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

**** the Red Wings.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Does not work well for others
    Road to ruin (or Harvard whichever I find first)

Okay I must have missed this during my hiatus. What is the PLC?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkness View Post
    Really, it was only posted a half dozen times...Perpetual Losing Culture

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkness View Post
    ***** lovers cult.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

thank god its over. second shutout in a row. we truly have no nice things.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan View Post
    thank god its over. second shutout in a row. we truly have no nice things.
    7 periods without a Tech goal!

*******https://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/kool-aid-oh-yeah.jpg********
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

7 periods without a Tech goal!

*******https://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/kool-aid-oh-yeah.jpg********
    147:27 minutes since MTU scored a goal...sigh

I got a new flask, and tonight's hockey game is a better than ever reason to break it in...brought it to the broomball rinks for pre and post drinking

*******https://i768.***********.com/albums/xx324/btbenedi/IMG_20110121_211702.jpg********

Here's to tying a 60 year old school record, and here's again to breaking said record

Still upright

Well really Tech continues to improve, more won faceoffs, better positional play, still a ways to go though. Just too many turnovers. There are so many injuries and so many freshmen, (sigh...) I liked how Gubb played. Olson really is not anywhere near 100%. Royer is a lot better than I remember and he will help in a couple weeks.
    I was impressed with umd forwards but all the holding and the interference puzzles me. If they are so good why do that ****.?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Thread Information