Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 222

Thread: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

  1. #1
    Registered User moose97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Hoagland, IN
    Posts
    4,454

    Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

    AHA:
    B1G: UMinn, UWisc
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
    NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

    Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

  2. #2
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,921

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    I could have a helluva good time in Nashville. I've heard there's some fun to be had there.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  3. #3
    Registered User moose97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Hoagland, IN
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I could have a helluva good time in Nashville. I've heard there's some fun to be had there.
    My sister lives down there, and it is a great town... I'd love to see it, if only for personal reasons.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

    AHA:
    B1G: UMinn, UWisc
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
    NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

    Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

  4. #4
    Meehan Madness is Coming Back!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gano Street, Providence
    Posts
    1,352

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    No thanks. It would be a disaster
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,508

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Onion Man View Post
    No thanks. It would be a disaster
    Agreed. Stupid (opinion).

  6. #6
    Still outranks his daughter
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    3,109

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Onion Man View Post
    No thanks. It would be a disaster
    Then we can have it in Atlanta, Miami, and Phoenix, all great hockey towns.

  7. #7
    Meehan Madness is Coming Back!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gano Street, Providence
    Posts
    1,352

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    Then we can have it in Atlanta, Miami, and Phoenix, all great hockey towns.
    Did Atlanta, Miami and Phoenix all get Frozen Four that I missed? Go back to sleep.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

  8. #8
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,921

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    I hope Taylor Swift is in town that weekend so I can stun her with my good looks.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I hope Taylor Swift is in town that weekend so I can stun her with my good looks.

    Don't tell "Conway" West.
    Last edited by NEWI Badger Fan; 01-15-2011 at 10:51 AM.

  10. #10
    Meehan Madness is Coming Back!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gano Street, Providence
    Posts
    1,352

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Keep the FF in towns like Denver, Boston, St. Paul, Washington, etc with the occasional trip to Philadelphia or St. Louis. No reason for hick towns like Nashville or Tampa to host a Frozen Four.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

  11. #11
    Ever True since '92
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,613

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    I'm not against spreading the game to untapped markets, I just think you should have a Division 1 college hockey team within 500 miles of you as a prerequisite for hosting such a prestigious event.

  12. #12
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,921

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Onion Man View Post
    Keep the FF in towns like Denver, Boston, St. Paul, Washington, etc with the occasional trip to Philadelphia or St. Louis. No reason for hick towns like Nashville or Tampa to host a Frozen Four.
    Washington is just as much a non-traditional market as Nashville.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  13. #13
    Misfit Emeritus Flashy Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,211
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiff77 View Post
    I'm not against spreading the game to untapped markets, I just think you should have a Division 1 college hockey team within 500 miles of you as a prerequisite for hosting such a prestigious event.
    Huntsville is 110 miles from Nashville, why does everyone assume they are on the Gulf Coast. Also, Oxford, OH is about 300 miles away.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Onion Man View Post
    Keep the FF in towns like Denver, Boston, St. Paul, Washington, etc with the occasional trip to Philadelphia or St. Louis. No reason for hick towns like Nashville or Tampa to host a Frozen Four.
    Hick? Have you ever been to Nashville?

  15. #15
    Registered User moose97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Hoagland, IN
    Posts
    4,454

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashy Man View Post
    Huntsville is 110 miles from Nashville, why does everyone assume they are on the Gulf Coast. Also, Oxford, OH is about 300 miles away.
    Columbus, OH - 382; Bowling Green, OH - 455; Notre Dame, IN - 431... Hell, Ann Arbor is only 521 miles - an easy 8 and a half hour drive, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good story...
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

    AHA:
    B1G: UMinn, UWisc
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
    NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

    Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

  16. #16
    Still outranks his daughter
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    3,109

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Onion Man View Post
    Did Atlanta, Miami and Phoenix all get Frozen Four that I missed? Go back to sleep.
    ummm, ever heard of sarcasm?

  17. #17
    Shut up hockey puck
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa.....Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    9,110

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    I think it'd be a great location. There's a lot to do there, Memphis would be a short drive(except for Northeasterners) for the off day, new location, and easy to get to. I'm still waiting for the Fargodome Frozen Four!

  18. #18
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,847

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by thebrain View Post
    I think it'd be a great location. There's a lot to do there, Memphis would be a short drive(except for Northeasterners) for the off day, new location, and easy to get to. I'm still waiting for the Fargodome Frozen Four!
    With the way Fargo deals with floods, they'll be able to host for a number of years. They won't even have to bring in water since the Cowdome will be flooded again.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  19. #19
    Shut up hockey puck
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa.....Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    9,110

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    With the way Fargo deals with floods, they'll be able to host for a number of years. They won't even have to bring in water since the Cowdome will be flooded again.
    Would it be the first "Green" Frozen Four?

  20. #20
    Puck Swami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    14,433

    Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

    The Frozen Four is now a contractual sellout (16,000+) no matter where you host it - it doesn't matter if the locals come out or not since most tickets are pre-sold to die hard travelling fans from around the country.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •