Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ND Irish @ UND Fighting Sioux - Battle of the Human Mascots

Fair and Balanced.

Thumbs up ND Irish @ UND Fighting Sioux - Battle of the Human Mascots

Since we got swept by the HE Maine Black Bears we have to take it out on the CCHA ND Fighting Irish. It's time to work on the PWR. The Sioux are due for a blow-out win and another sweep. Will the Irish put up a fight?
    A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Fair and Balanced.

Re: ND Irish @ UND Fighting Sioux - Battle of the Human Logos

Delete Mascots, insert Logos.
    A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Pedaling past you in your car

Re: ND Irish @ UND Fighting Sioux - Battle of the Human Mascots

Quote Originally Posted by siouxinminny View Post
    Will the Irish put up a fight?
    I would guess yes.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Sunny Southern California the Golden State of Hockey

Nice holiday game for the Sioux to be home against Notre Dame.

Guessing there well be a few UND recruits at the games this weekend with their dads. Seeing that Notre Dame opted to pass up turkey dinner with family and instead travel to Grand Forks to play the Sioux should be an eye opening experience for the recruits, provided that the weather permits them to travel to Grand Forks.

Should be less students but a lot of UND alumni at the game this weekend. Good luck with your holiday travel plans.

Go Sioux! Don't eat too much turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravey, sweet potatoes, pie, ... on Thursday leave some room for sweeping the Irish on Friday and Saturday.
    "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Rank Amateur

I think we should just tell the Sioux that it's after the first of the year and it's time to kick it into gear.

Whipping Dead Horses Since 1955

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of my new tagline.
    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

I miss Christian and Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of my new tagline.
    You forgot "drunk." Hostile, abusive and drunk.
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Both teams are in the midst of a very difficult part of the schedule. Notre Dame is coming off back to back weekends against Michigan (split) and Michigan State (sweep). After this weekend they have to go to Miami to play the Redhawks. North Dakota's last three series were against Minnesota-Duluth (split), at Wisconsin (sweep), and at Nebraska-Omaha (split).

While a split is the logical, and most likely outcome of this series, a sweep either way would be enormous for that team come March.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
    You forgot "drunk." Hostile, abusive and drunk.
    This is college hockey...drunk is always implied.

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

for Jesse

I'm part irish, and wholly offended.
    Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Winner gets to keep the ND logo?

I hope the Micks kick the Featherheads' arses. Erin go braugh(less)!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Winner gets to keep the ND logo?

I hope the Micks kick the Featherheads' arses. Erin go braugh(less)!
    Well, as far as the interlocking logo, both schools will keep that. North Dakota used it on uniforms before Notre Dame did, and we have the trademark on it. Notre Dame has the copyright on it.

As far as wanting Notre Dame to beat North Dakota, it would be better for your Gophers if the Sioux won. But, I understand why you would want Notre Dame to win.
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Well, as far as the interlocking logo, both schools will keep that. North Dakota used it on uniforms before Notre Dame did, and we have the trademark on it. Notre Dame has the copyright on it.

As far as wanting Notre Dame to beat North Dakota, it would be better for your Gophers if the Sioux won. But, I understand why you would want Notre Dame to win.
    I hate UND with all my heart. But if it helps the Gophers, then so be it. I shall now cleanse myself in industrial strength Clorox Bleach (you know, the stuff you Sioux fans drink on the weekends). See you on the flipside.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Whipping Dead Horses Since 1955

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxAviator View Post
    I'm part irish, and wholly offended.
    I suggest you petition the NCAAhole with your grievance. Assuming you can find a couple of other Irish who are literate and able to stay sober long enough to sign the petition, your case should be easy to make.
    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Rank Amateur

The thing that I find funny is that it's the day of the game and there are only 14 post on this thread.

Is it hockey season yet?

If the Sioux play like they did 5 out of 6 periods last weekend, I think we will be just fine against the Irish this weekend. Jeff Jackson has a good squad as usual though, so it should be a great series.

Even though all of the students are gone, the Ralph is expecting sell outs both nights. The Herald reported this morning that the Sioux are drawing bigger crowds than three NHL teams (Atlanta, NY Islanders, and Pheonix), which is just awesome. I hope that someone tells Bettman that. You can find the story HERE.

I'm looking forward to a great series - GO SIOUX!
    GO SIOUX
    GO LAKERS

NCAA Champions:
    1959 1963 1980 1982 1987 1988 1992 1994 1997 2000

SUPER TRUPPER!!!!

Good win by Sioux last night ! They played really well! The player of the game for me was trupp he has all over the ice last night and he is always moving the puck. Now let's finish the tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by jdr1 View Post
    Good win by Sioux last night ! They played really well! The player of the game for me was trupp he has all over the ice last night and he is always moving the puck. Now let's finish the tonight!
    Agreed. The Sioux played well, and caught Notre Dame off guard in the first. It could have been much worse than 2-0 after 1 (and probably should have given the no-goal call on Frattin...not sure what they saw there). Notre Dame finally got settled in the 2nd and from there it was a much better game. I think tonight will mirror the 2nd and 3rd periods of last night, and we'll see a much closer game.

In nets I was pleased with Dell's play. He made some big stops, and didn't let in any weak goals. He's our #1 goalie right now, and is making it difficult for Hakstol to put Eidsness in.

Hopefully the Sioux can get the sweep tonight.
    North Dakota

Still outranks his daughter

Man, did anyone else get the feeling this game could have been 5 or 6 to nothing before Notre Dame bothered to run a couple of decent shifts together and score? North Dakota out-hustled them from the first face-off to the final buzzer. It's always nice to see teams with a lot of talent still go out and flat out outwork their opponent, like the Sioux did. For most of this year that's what I saw in Notre Dame. Not yesterday. I have to think Notre Dame comes out with a better effort tonight. Hell, a lousy effort would still be more of an effort than what they came out with last night. Congrats to North Dakota on the win.

I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised; but wow, Riley Sheahan is a beast. Looked like he put in a lot of double shifts and still managed to blow by some of the Sioux's fastest players. I thought Ridderwall had a pretty good game as well. I was a little disgusted with the third period effort from the Sioux, and somewhat expect a Notre Dame blowout tonight. Although it's proven to be tough if you go down early against the Sioux.

Thread Information