Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 660

Thread: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    5,731

    SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    This is for Ralph!

    Big one Saturday....hope the boys are ready!
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

  2. #2
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    204,413

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Actually, I was just curious as to why you were using the off season thread.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Wallingford, VT
    Posts
    7,274

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    This is for Ralph!

    Big one Saturday....hope the boys are ready!
    Way to take the initiative, L.



  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Thanks for starting the new thread. Summer is over. Season starts vs. Clarkson.
    Go Saints.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Killingworth, CT
    Posts
    1,739

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    No offense to the current team but looking at the roster for the "old timers" game I'd pay to watch them too!!! I wish I knew that game was going on sooner as I might have arranged my schedule to make it up there.

    I'd pay to see Anderson, Fyfe and Gellard play as a line together again. Put Harney out there with them and one other guy on D (like Matt Desrosiers) and I'll guarantee you they score on the PP from a weak side goal into an open net. If those boys have been playing regularly, I hope Joe takes the team over to watch what arguably was one of SLU's most potent offensive lines (since the team played for the title against Lake Superior).

    Good luck to the boys in the game that counts as well. Hope we can get untracked after last weekend. Still some key players out but a few are working their way back into the lineup. Good luck to both the Senior Saints and current team this weekend.
    SLU

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    5,731

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by critsports View Post
    No offense to the current team but looking at the roster for the "old timers" game I'd pay to watch them too!!! I wish I knew that game was going on sooner as I might have arranged my schedule to make it up there.

    I'd pay to see Anderson, Fyfe and Gellard play as a line together again.
    Ditto and Ditto!! Gellard was the best player from SLU in the last 10 years not to make it to the show.

    I had no idea that this was happening.

    I'll also pretty much guarantee that Dougie Murray will have the best hands of anyone on the ice.
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20832/20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,972

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Hey Brian!

    Forgot to tell you, but guess who I ran into at a Salem State game? Claims to be a buddy of yours.

    Frank Cole.

    I always thought he was taller.

    (Putting on asbestos)
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Johnstown, NY
    Posts
    3,287

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Hey Brian!

    Forgot to tell you, but guess who I ran into at a Salem State game? Claims to be a buddy of yours.

    Frank Cole.

    I always thought he was taller.

    (Putting on asbestos)
    Maybe I don't want to go see your son play now. Seriously, please let me know when and where you will watch James play and I''ll try to get to the game.
    GO SAINTS.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Johnstown, NY
    Posts
    3,287

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    Ditto and Ditto!! Gellard was the best player from SLU in the last 10 years not to make it to the show.

    I had no idea that this was happening.

    I'll also pretty much guarantee that Dougie Murray will have the best hands of anyone on the ice.
    Not even close re Gellard. Health issues really set him back in terms of playing in the NHL.

    I guess SLU really wants to win the old timers game - Leckster and me were not invited to play.
    Last edited by Muskieman; 11-19-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    GO SAINTS.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Johnstown, NY
    Posts
    3,287

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by critsports View Post
    No offense to the current team but looking at the roster for the "old timers" game I'd pay to watch them too!!! I wish I knew that game was going on sooner as I might have arranged my schedule to make it up there.

    I'd pay to see Anderson, Fyfe and Gellard play as a line together again. Put Harney out there with them and one other guy on D (like Matt Desrosiers) and I'll guarantee you they score on the PP from a weak side goal into an open net. If those boys have been playing regularly, I hope Joe takes the team over to watch what arguably was one of SLU's most potent offensive lines (since the team played for the title against Lake Superior).

    Good luck to the boys in the game that counts as well. Hope we can get untracked after last weekend. Still some key players out but a few are working their way back into the lineup. Good luck to both the Senior Saints and current team this weekend.
    That was a fun line to watch. And all were really great guys to boot.
    GO SAINTS.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    After a few years of silently following this blog religiously I figured it was finally time for me to get a username.

    Sounds like a great group of guys showing up for the alumni game. Four days ago I would have said all I wanted out of the weekend was 2 points, now I am looking for the sweep.

    That said, I think this will be a typical SLUvTech game. Both teams have been up and down this season, with some pretty great ups, and some pretty bad lows. I think it will come down to which of both teams show up, and I have a feeling SLU will have to weather a storm at the beginning. That said, after our display two weekends ago I am confident in our ability to play with anyone in the ECAC on any given night. I saw Dan's injury update a few days ago, I was wondering if anyone had any more recent updates? Should be a great game, and I look forward to reading everyones updates Sunday morning.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    5,731

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by mainstreethockey View Post
    After a few years of silently following this blog religiously I figured it was finally time for me to get a username.

    Sounds like a great group of guys showing up for the alumni game. Four days ago I would have said all I wanted out of the weekend was 2 points, now I am looking for the sweep.

    That said, I think this will be a typical SLUvTech game. Both teams have been up and down this season, with some pretty great ups, and some pretty bad lows. I think it will come down to which of both teams show up, and I have a feeling SLU will have to weather a storm at the beginning. That said, after our display two weekends ago I am confident in our ability to play with anyone in the ECAC on any given night. I saw Dan's injury update a few days ago, I was wondering if anyone had any more recent updates? Should be a great game, and I look forward to reading everyones updates Sunday morning.
    No injury updates other than what is public, but you have to figure anyone that is not 100% ready will not play Saturday so they can give them the extra 2 weeks to heal completely.

    Brian, after lacing them up in Canton a few years ago after not skating since 1990, that was truly pathetic and I had my sore feet to prove it. I would be willing to step on the ice to start a bench-clearing brawl, however, and I truly believe I could do that better than anyone else other than maybe Spencer Meany or John Roderick. Especially if Mark Green was playing for Clarkson. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to settle for a win in the ECAC game.
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

  13. #13
    Let's Go Saints
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wish I was at Appleton
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    No injury updates other than what is public, but you have to figure anyone that is not 100% ready will not play Saturday so they can give them the extra 2 weeks to heal completely.

    Brian, after lacing them up in Canton a few years ago after not skating since 1990, that was truly pathetic and I had my sore feet to prove it. I would be willing to step on the ice to start a bench-clearing brawl, however, and I truly believe I could do that better than anyone else other than maybe Spencer Meany or John Roderick. Especially if Mark Green was playing for Clarkson. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to settle for a win in the ECAC game.
    SLU alumni win 7-3 over Tech alumni...we could really use some of those old guys tonight.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20832/20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,972

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by Muskieman View Post
    Maybe I don't want to go see your son play now. Seriously, please let me know when and where you will watch James play and I''ll try to get to the game.
    Brian

    Thanks to the wonders of internet TV, my trips up north are few and far between. The nearest he gets to you is Westfield, MA on 1/27. It's a Thursday, so I am not getting there. IF they make it to the NCAA's the odds are that they'll play Oswego or Norwich in the first round.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    St. Albans, VT
    Posts
    2,152

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Ugh, I hate losing to Clarkson.
    SLU '97

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    5,731

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    Ugh, I hate losing to Clarkson.
    Ditto. Clarkson was better tonight. SLU is so banged up and now we lose Sean Flanagan. It is not a good year to be a Saint Senior I guess. SLU has to find a way to score more goals, get the PP going, and not give up bad goals. Didn't have a good view of Clarkson's first goal but Weninger wasn't happy about it...probably man in the crease?? Second goal SLU gets caught on a change and third goal is just a turn over with too many guys up ice.

    This feels way too much like 85-86....so many close losses and so many injuries.

    Have to hand it to Clarkson though....Karpowich had a good game, Clarkson capitalized on their chances and a team banged up as SLU is going to struggle coming back from 3-0.

    We need the two weeks off. Let's hope we can at least get a split at QU/PU....or this could be a long season.

    As much as I hate losing to Clarkson...I'll hate that muppet Sullivan being right about his preseason prediction more. Even though we outplayed Clarkson in the last two periods, it was too little and too late. We can't give up leads.
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Killingworth, CT
    Posts
    1,739

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    Ditto. Clarkson was better tonight. SLU is so banged up and now we lose Sean Flanagan. It is not a good year to be a Saint Senior I guess. SLU has to find a way to score more goals, get the PP going, and not give up bad goals. Didn't have a good view of Clarkson's first goal but Weninger wasn't happy about it...probably man in the crease?? Second goal SLU gets caught on a change and third goal is just a turn over with too many guys up ice.

    This feels way too much like 85-86....so many close losses and so many injuries.

    Have to hand it to Clarkson though....Karpowich had a good game, Clarkson capitalized on their chances and a team banged up as SLU is going to struggle coming back from 3-0.

    We need the two weeks off. Let's hope we can at least get a split at QU/PU....or this could be a long season.

    As much as I hate losing to Clarkson...I'll hate that muppet Sullivan being right about his preseason prediction more. Even though we outplayed Clarkson in the last two periods, it was too little and too late. We can't give up leads.
    Didn't get to see or hear the game. Went and watched Q Pac against Harvard. Q had the game in hand 4-1. Richter got pulled at 3-1 and at 4-1 Donato called a time out and Harvard ultimtely tied it at 4-4 before Q won it in the third. Richter looked so ordinary it was hard to flash back to what he did to us.

    Boy with this long road trip coming up I fear this could be a very long year. Leckster while I understand what you say about the injuries that is no excuse. Clarkson is just as banged up and if I am not mistaken had a player leave the program to go to RPI. They got the job done and we didn't. Again, I didn't see the game but just looking at the stats we give up 3 goals on only 18 shots??? Sounds from reading the recap like Karpowich and the PP did us in again. At least the veterans won their game handily so I can find some solace in that.

    I didn't hear about anything so what happened to Flanagan??

    We have a couple of weeks to gather ourselves......get some good practices in, and then hit the road for quite a stretch. I can only hope that things don't continue to head south.
    SLU

  18. #18
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,692

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    WDT's Cap Carey reported in his blog that Flanny left without help, but appeared to be holding his shoulder in the hallway later in the game. Also said Greg Carey left with a shoulder injury.

  19. #19
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    204,413

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    Quote Originally Posted by critsports View Post
    Clarkson is just as banged up and if I am not mistaken had a player leave the program to go to RPI.
    I think that what you heard is that Mike Zalewski, the brother of a former Golden Knight, recently committed to RPI. That may have ****ed some Clarkson fans but didn't hurt them this season. (Then again, I may have missed some other news.)

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4

    Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

    So I guess this is going to mean that the team revisits the starting goalie issue. What has happened with Robby Moss? I think I read on the old thread that there was a game he didn't dress for a week or two ago? And Grilk came in as the backup against Dartmouth and didn't fare that well. Weninger has now had two tough outings in a row, giving up 4 goals on just over 20 shots last weekend against Dartmouth before getting pulled, and now 3 goals on 18. That said I wasn't at either game, so not sure what the goals were like, just seems like there needs to be a little shake up. I don't want to put it all on the tenders, because the offense needs to start capitalizing on all of these shots as well.

    Tough news for Sean, hopefully nothing to serious with him or Carey. Those could both be huge losses for us if they are out for any kind of time.
    Last edited by mainstreethockey; 11-21-2010 at 06:06 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •