Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Poll Predictions for 11/15

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    And Oswego did NOT dominate #13 Plattsburgh, nor any of their opponents really, they are getting it done, but it hasn't been anything to be too excited about - IMO.
    Through 8 games this year the team is 8-0 and has outscored its opponents 37-11

Through 8 games last year the team was 7-1 and outscored its opponents 40-15

Sorry it doesn't excite you, but it sounds pretty good to me. I am fine with being #2, in my mind the top 3 teams are interchangeable. Norwich belongs on top, they are the defending champs.
    93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
    2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
    2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
    2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
    2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      And maybe, just maybe the SUNYAC is better then what we thought this year? Playing teams close will only help Oswego in the long run. If they were blowing people out, it would be hard to learn different situations come March.
      couldnt agree with ya more, unless you were Loudhorns31 ;-))

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuy_11 View Post
        I'm not entirely sure about the whole lack of domination thing. Oswego has the top 2 scorers in the SUNYAC. Undefeated. Goaltending has a 1.37 GAA. Beat 2 ranked teams, one of them twice. And they have an incredibly balanced attack. If you ask me, that shouldn't warrant a LOSS of a first place vote, if anything it should have gained them one.
        Let's look back at just how crazy this poll is and most DIII polls early in the season. If you recall, this first poll of the season had Oswego #2 and SNC #3 even though SNC beat Oswego in Lake Placid last year and eventually lost to #1 Norwich. I thought that the original poll should have had Norwich #1, SNC #2, Oswego #3 based on last years completed season and that you do not move up or down until a loss or the loss of teams around you. Now SNC lost one game and I really do not care about the #3 ranking as I know that this is all BS and way to early to care. My point is that Oswego should not have been given the #2 spot in the first place until SNC did in fact lose at least one game this year.
        SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
          Through 8 games this year the team is 8-0 and has outscored its opponents 37-11

Through 8 games last year the team was 7-1 and outscored its opponents 40-15

Sorry it doesn't excite you, but it sounds pretty good to me. I am fine with being #2, in my mind the top 3 teams are interchangeable. Norwich belongs on top, they are the defending champs.
          I did note that 8-0 is exciting, but last year 7 of those 8 games were road games, this year 6 of the 8 were home games, sorry, I am yet to be impressed this year by their performance.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Totally agree, and I will probably go one step further...Plattsburgh needs to dominate both games (win by 3 goals each game) or else they need to drop, if not out of the poll. We shall see, Bob made the comment today that the "team" wants to see what Sam Foley can do. He really put some big pressure on the kid comparing the situation to former Cadet Ryan Klingingsmith (a walk on who came to school to just play hockey). Not saying Emery expects Foley to be an All-American and put up record numbers, but could this finally be a spark that the team needs? No offense to Josh or Ryan, and I know the team defense hasn't been there, but you don't go from a .929 and .905 to .875 and .824 save percentages and expect to be competitive. We know the talent is there, its almost the same team as last year with a very good freshman class. Like someone said in a different thread....Plattsburgh should take it as a compliment that its taken a few top line transfers and several D-I transfers to finally beat them All I know is that we are just 5 games into the season with about 10 more games against potential top 15 teams in the Nation....plenty more opportunities to get back on track and let the "work in progress" work.....
            I think there was a transfer dig in there....care to elaborate.....or should we just *** u me??? Well if so, many kids transfer for many reasons,school, family surrondings, a new shot, $$ problmes, etc ..kids will often transfer to where/who recruited them in the begining, like I did.......if certain schools dont have what the transfer wants, majors, location,aid etc they will not go there when they transfer.........also buddies on the team that he transfers to never hurts.........

Comment

Win the games on the sked, and Oswego has done that. All of them. The fact SNC got a first place vote with a loss on the sked already is a crock!!
              MJBeckman
              Oswego '93
              Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
              1991-1993
              2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                I think there was a transfer dig in there....care to elaborate.....
                I don't know any more than what I heard tonight on Emery's weekly radio show.... while talking about Oswego and how talented they are, something was brought up about people asking Ducky about $$$ packages that the schools offer and if they are even or if some schools offer more. Emery did mention that Fox was set to come to Plattsburgh last year as he is friends with former Cardinal Joey Wilson, however, they beleive that it was a $$$ issue and Oswego was able to offer Justin a better package hense he decided to go to Oswego. not sure if that's what you were looking for BakDraft but that's what I can give you on the DI transfer "dig"...
                Jim Reisdorf
                Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

I am puzzled why the Wego loses a first place vote to SNC. Sure, the Knights beat Point twice. However, Oswego beat up Cortland and won in one of the toughest places to play in DIII. I have no problem with Wick being #1 because they are the champs, but Oswego has done a lot to be a strong #2 and not lose ground.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    I am puzzled why the Wego loses a first place vote to SNC. Sure, the Knights beat Point twice. However, Oswego beat up Cortland and won in one of the toughest places to play in DIII. I have no problem with Wick being #1 because they are the champs, but Oswego has done a lot to be a strong #2 and not lose ground.
                    Could be that someone whose ballot was used last week but not this week had voted for Oswego, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      I think there was a transfer dig in there....care to elaborate.....or should we just *** u me??? Well if so, many kids transfer for many reasons,school, family surrondings, a new shot, $$ problmes, etc ..kids will often transfer to where/who recruited them in the begining, like I did.......if certain schools dont have what the transfer wants, majors, location,aid etc they will not go there when they transfer.........also buddies on the team that he transfers to never hurts.........
                      No your absolutley right, but until Oswego started offering their upper end aid, they were always playing second fiddle for years. The whole school has really focused on their athletics, both mens and womens hockey just for example. Yes you are right, there are many reasons why kids transfer, and take nothing away from Oswego its a great school and a decent hockey tradition. But when you consistantly see D-I transfers and top line guys come in year after year and finally Oswego is the upper team in the SUNYAC.....kind of makes you laugh that its taken so much to over take Plattsburgh from that spot and couldn't just get it done with a bunch of their own recruits....and yes, Fox was coming to Plattsburgh until he, or his parents, got to see the discount they would get going to Oswego compared to Plattsbugrh....

Just for an example, since Gosek has taken over....he has brought in 10 transfers from either DI or DIII schools (7 DI, 3 DIII) and has services of 11 transfers (Don Patricks last year)....since that time Plattsburgh has had just 4, two of which came from Niagara together (Tozzo and Dennis), Janco (solid defensemen), and James Neitsch from Finlandia this year who has yet to step foot onto the ice....All I can say is that Gosek must be one hell of a salesmen....
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

No your absolutley right, but until Oswego started offering their upper end aid, they were always playing second fiddle for years. The whole school has really focused on their athletics, both mens and womens hockey just for example. Yes you are right, there are many reasons why kids transfer, and take nothing away from Oswego its a great school and a decent hockey tradition. But when you consistantly see D-I transfers and top line guys come in year after year and finally Oswego is the upper team in the SUNYAC.....kind of makes you laugh that its taken so much to over take Plattsburgh from that spot and couldn't just get it done with a bunch of their own recruits....and yes, Fox was coming to Plattsburgh until he, or his parents, got to see the discount they would get going to Oswego compared to Plattsbugrh....

Just for an example, since Gosek has taken over....he has brought in 10 transfers from either DI or DIII schools (7 DI, 3 DIII) and has services of 11 transfers (Don Patricks last year)....since that time Plattsburgh has had just 4, two of which came from Niagara together (Tozzo and Dennis), Janco (solid defensemen), and James Neitsch from Finlandia this year who has yet to step foot onto the ice....All I can say is that Gosek must be one hell of a salesmen....
                        Or Campus Center.

Or the fact there is 6 professional hockey franchises within 3 hours of Oswego.

Or that the recent success makes players want to join the program.

Or that Oswego is 2 hours closer to the Toronto metropolitan area than Plattsburgh, making it an easier drive for parents and the players themselves.

Or that transfers are able to watch games or highlights on the computer and want to play in front of 1200 students.

Or that maybe Gosek is more active about bringing in transfers than Emery (possibly?).

Yes, the financial aid package is really good, but there's other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                          Or Campus Center.

Or that Oswego is 2 hours closer to the Toronto metropolitan area than Plattsburgh, making it an easier drive for parents and the players themselves.

Or that transfers are able to watch games or highlights on the computer and want to play in front of 1200 students.

Or that maybe Gosek is more active about bringing in transfers than Emery (possibly?).

collegehcky2 for president
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                            I don't know any more than what I heard tonight on Emery's weekly radio show.... while talking about Oswego and how talented they are, something was brought up about people asking Ducky about $$$ packages that the schools offer and if they are even or if some schools offer more. Emery did mention that Fox was set to come to Plattsburgh last year as he is friends with former Cardinal Joey Wilson, however, they beleive that it was a $$$ issue and Oswego was able to offer Justin a better package hense he decided to go to Oswego. not sure if that's what you were looking for BakDraft but that's what I can give you on the DI transfer "dig"...
                            Is Salem State a D1 school?

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
                              I don't see MSOE hanging around all season either. Aside from playing Adrian, their nc schedule is somewhat soft. Lawrence could, however, give Marian some trouble later in the year.
                              You obviously underestimate MSOE. Their team is much improved this year and Marian could not keep up with them at all this past weekend. As for Adrian keep in mind Marian beat them already this year and MSOE ran over Marian. Do the math and look for MSOE to take on St. Norbert's for a run to the tourny. MSOE should be ranked in the top 10 hands down, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                                Or Campus Center.

The financial aid package is THE factor. Don't kid yourself. No one can come close to what Oswego is able to offer.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X