Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where's Neumann!

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
    Interesting that Neumann doesn't get a sniff 18 months removed from their National Championship. I would've thunk that at least some of the voters would have awarded them reputation votes!? or are they solely reserved for CCCP teams?
    It's RIT backlash
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Re: New Poll Predictions for 11/15

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
      I notice that that UNE lost their votes awarded to them in error last week by voters that did not know the difference between UNE and NEC.
      I never believed in that theory, considering that NEC received three votes this week, three votes last week, and two votes in the "preseason" poll.

If the UNE votes were intended for NEC, then the Pilgrims would have gone from two votes, to ten, to three; all without having done anything.

My theory? Some voter put UNE eighth on their ballot, either by accident or as a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        I suspect this early in the season, it has happened before. If Norwich was under .500 after the Primelink because they lost two games in the Primelink, I would probably still rank them somewhere.

As to St. Norbert taking a first place vote from Oswego, well they did beat Stevens Point, a renked team, twice.
        And Oswego did NOT dominate #13 Plattsburgh, nor any of their opponents really, they are getting it done, but it hasn't been anything to be too excited about - IMO.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
          And Oswego did NOT dominate #13 Plattsburgh, nor any of their opponents really, they are getting it done, but it hasn't been anything to be too excited about - IMO.
          I think we saw a glimpse of how good Oswego can be in the Plattsburgh game. They completely dominated the first period until the momentum changing delayed penalty and power play goals. Then again, Platty has spotted a lead to pretty much everyone so I don't know how much stock to put in that. Other than that you are correct, they have shown glimpses of domination but defensive giveaways and some real sloppy passing have found them in tight games until the third period where they have been taking over. If all the talent can get on the same page for 60 minutes they will be a dominant team, but we have all seen teams that have all the talent to dominate but they never put it all together.

But lets not get caught up in the idea of domination. To me great teams don't destroy all of their opponents, great teams are able to pull out wins against solid opponents that give them all they can handle which is what all of their opponents have done to this point. Teams and more specifically their goalies seem to have a knack for bringing their A game against Oswego and they have bent but have not broken.
          Last edited by Laker28; 11-15-2010, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure about the whole lack of domination thing. Oswego has the top 2 scorers in the SUNYAC. Undefeated. Goaltending has a 1.37 GAA. Beat 2 ranked teams, one of them twice. And they have an incredibly balanced attack. If you ask me, that shouldn't warrant a LOSS of a first place vote, if anything it should have gained them one.

Comment

Make that the top 2 scorers in DIII right now.

Comment

I'd say 8-0 with three of them against a ranked team is something to be excited about.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

and if they were dominating and blowing teams out they would have ---------- class....ow well thats why we play the games, and it ya only need to win by 1 goal...lets se how things play out after New years we will have a better grasp on all this poll stuff......and if the Czech teams beats Adrian, where will they be ranked.......

Comment

You know, I don't think the best team won that game....discuss. After that, go and get your shinebox....

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      and if they were dominating and blowing teams out they would have ---------- class....ow well thats why we play the games, and it ya only need to win by 1 goal...lets se how things play out after New years we will have a better grasp on all this poll stuff......and if the Czech teams beats Adrian, where will they be ranked.......
                      And maybe, just maybe the SUNYAC is better then what we thought this year? Playing teams close will only help Oswego in the long run. If they were blowing people out, it would be hard to learn different situations come March.
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        I'd say 8-0 with three of them against a ranked team is something to be excited about.
                        Absolutely, you are correct, 8-0 is and should be exciting, I did choose "excited about" when I should have said "confident about”, they are not IMO controlling their competition. As a fellow SUNYAC School, I wish them well, and after Plattsburgh, Potsdam, and Morrisville, they are my fourth favorite team in all of DIII. But, I want to see convincing game play over a strong opponent, Morrisville will be good enough, hang 2 or more on them each period and I'll change my tune. Don't get me wrong, especially against the current crop of under performing perennial favorites and over performing mid-to-cellar dwellers, Oswego certainly has earned a top 5 ranking, but not giving them the number 1 ranking is IMO, total understandable.
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                          It seems that the polls are there just to provide discussion on the teams. The polls sometimes don't even matter at the end of the season either when the selection committee starts deciding on who will go to the big dance or not.
                          This just in: the poll does nothing except promote discussion. That's it.

Basically, its good for D3 hockey because it promotes awareness of the game, good for USCHO because its generates traffic, and its good for us because it gives us something to do on Monday afternoon. But it has no other function.

I find it a odd to see teams that haven't played a shift move up or down from week to week...but
                          Has any team with a losing record ever been ranked ...... or is this a first ?

Rank Team Record Pts Last Week
                          13 Plattsburgh 2-3-0 69 8
                          Here's something for discussion: How is Plattsburgh ranked ahead of Geneseo? The Ice Knights are 4-1-2 with a win over Plattsburgh, and both teams lost to Morrisville by the same score.
                          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                            You know, I don't think the best team won that game....discuss. After that, go and get your shinebox....
                            I don't agree, the best team did win, a poorly performing Oswego team outplayed an even more poorly performing, uncoordinated, Plattsburgh team, no doubt in my mind. Note, "performance" on this case is in context to the expectations of these teams.
                            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post

Here's something for discussion: How is Plattsburgh ranked ahead of Geneseo? The Ice Knights are 4-1-2 with a win over Plattsburgh, and both teams lost to Morrisville by the same score.
                              So Plattsburgh and Geneseo should both be below Morrisville, but Morrisville lost to Potsdam. If Morrisville hadn't lost the Potsdam game they should be ranked above both, but they messed up. And I agree, Geneseo > Plattsburgh this season.

If Plattsburgh doesn't sweep this weekend its the nail in their coffin. They shouldn't even get votes. But they will, because they are Plattsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by wxduff View Post
                                So Plattsburgh and Geneseo should both be below Morrisville, but Morrisville lost to Potsdam. If Morrisville hadn't lost the Potsdam game they should be ranked above both, but they messed up. And I agree, Geneseo > Plattsburgh this season.

If Plattsburgh doesn't sweep this weekend its the nail in their coffin. They shouldn't even get votes. But they will, because they are Plattsburgh.
                                Totally agree, and I will probably go one step further...Plattsburgh needs to dominate both games (win by 3 goals each game) or else they need to drop, if not out of the poll. We shall see, Bob made the comment today that the "team" wants to see what Sam Foley can do. He really put some big pressure on the kid comparing the situation to former Cadet Ryan Klingingsmith (a walk on who came to school to just play hockey). Not saying Emery expects Foley to be an All-American and put up record numbers, but could this finally be a spark that the team needs? No offense to Josh or Ryan, and I know the team defense hasn't been there, but you don't go from a .929 and .905 to .875 and .824 save percentages and expect to be competitive. We know the talent is there, its almost the same team as last year with a very good freshman class. Like someone said in a different thread....Plattsburgh should take it as a compliment that its taken a few top line transfers and several D-I transfers to finally beat them All I know is that we are just 5 games into the season with about 10 more games against potential top 15 teams in the Nation....plenty more opportunities to get back on track and let the "work in progress" work.....
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X