Mankato at Omaha: Mavericks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mankato at Omaha: Mavericks

Well, do the purple Mavs have a chance against the new-look, Blais-red Mavs?
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Re: Mankato at Omaha: Mavericks

I'm somewhat biased, but.... yes they have a chance, I don't predict them to be successful.

Purple Mav's have always played us tough. I'm looking forward to our first home games since Oct. 8-9th.

Comment

Slim one but yes they do. They have a good coach and they'll play harder knowing conference points are involved now. I think Friday night it will be UNO 6-2 Sat. UNO4-3 ot.
      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
        Slim one but yes they do. They have a good coach...
        I think you might get an argument on this one.
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Finally, these North Central Conference games mean something! Die Morningside scum!

What?

Oh.

Mankato has always played UNO tough and I think has its name on the "Hot Maverick on Maverick Action" Trophy (are we still doing that?) more than UNO.

Used to be that we would chant "Let's go white guys" this weekend, but particularly with Alex Hudson aboard, it doesn't seem quite cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by mavsfan View Post
            i think you might get an argument on this one.
            sshhhhh!

Comment

Jr. Purple Cow fans must not exist.

Comment

Just wanted to give all you fans of MSU-Mankato and UNO a heads up that there are jerseys up for auction for your respective school (1-Mankato, 2-UNO) at www.obermanauction.com. (Not to mention some other great college hockey items). The auction is going to help raise funds for the head Men's Hockey Equipment manager at the University of Minnesota-Duluth, Chris Garner. The auction is to help offset medical costs (not covered by insurance) incurred from a bone marrow transplant Chris had in August. He is doing well now and hoping to be back at work by mid to late November. The auction ends on Monday, November 8th, so please check it out.....www.obermanauction.com is the auction site again. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by LincolnMav View Post
                  Jr. Purple Cow fans must not exist.
                  We're just not terribly enthusiastic.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                    We're just not terribly enthusiastic.
                    My apologies. Youd think I would take the time to see where the person who started the thread was from. Geesh. I must need more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by utility6 View Post
                      Just wanted to give all you fans of MSU-Mankato and UNO a heads up that there are jerseys up for auction for your respective school (1-Mankato, 2-UNO) at www.obermanauction.com. (Not to mention some other great college hockey items). The auction is going to help raise funds for the head Men's Hockey Equipment manager at the University of Minnesota-Duluth, Chris Garner. The auction is to help offset medical costs (not covered by insurance) incurred from a bone marrow transplant Chris had in August. He is doing well now and hoping to be back at work by mid to late November. The auction ends on Monday, November 8th, so please check it out.....www.obermanauction.com is the auction site again. Thank you.
                      reps for that

Comment

Purple Mavs fan here who's in Omaha for a conference this week and staying the weekend for the game. Looking for good pre-game bar recommendations, as well as if you have any tickets (1) that you're looking to dump. Looking forward to my first game at Qwest!

Comment

Hey Retro. You wont have a problem getting a ticket. Trust me. You can pretty much pick where you want to sit since Qwest is so big. In terms of pre-game bars, The Mattress Factory is just a couple blocks straight west of Qwest. Farrells is one block to the south. Further south down 10th street is the Old Market that has a ton of bars and restaurants. Should be a **** good time. Finally WCHA games in Omaha!

Comment

Friday night tailgate at Rick's Cafe behind Quest. Bruce McCleod and 1 of the UNO coaches will be there. They have a bar and pulled pork sandwiches will be served. 6:30 game 7:37.

Comment

Good game. What's up with #16? What a grump. Sheesh. And no handshake line?

Comment

Working...
                              X