Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

I like hockey.

2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

Thoughts? Expectations? Who's attending? Sights to see?

I'll be covering it, and I'm just excited to see some games that count. And to be traveling somewhere I've never been before.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Go Whalers

Re: 2010 Ice Breaker Tournament Thread (BU, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Holy Cross)

Bennett sucks.
    time to write new history

Quote Originally Posted by slurpees View Post
    Bennett sucks.
    YES!
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Will this be televised anywhere?
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Veteran

My preweekend notebook:

1. How did BU get the Ice Breaker exemption again so soon?
    2. How much more fun is it travel to away games after turning 21?
    3. What type of suit will 10 and 9 wear?
    4. Will Eaves put Brett in net against BU?
    5. Will BU score as many times over this weekend combined as they did against Toronto?
    6. Is the answer to 5 dependent on the answer to 4?
    Last edited by Agganis; 10-04-2010 at 01:05 AM.

Let's go RED!

Bennett sucks.
    Actually, Bennett was very good last year until he got hurt. He came back too soon and sucked.

Gudmanson is starting against BU. I was kind of hoping Bennett would against his old team.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

The Retired 108 Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Actually, Bennett was very good last year until he got hurt. He came back too soon and sucked.
    Your seriousness has no place on this thread
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by quiddlet View Post
    Your seriousness has no place on this thread
    I'm just trying to get the your/Bahstin Univursity's faithful's dander up. If the truth does so, so be it. If not, I can resort to BC type of tactics.

Go Whalers

Gudmanson is starting against BU. I was kind of hoping Bennett would against his old team.
    Nope, Sir Flopsalot still sucks.

I like hockey.

You all know what video this is. (Courtesy of candycanes)
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Will this be televised anywhere?
    Anyone know if this is going to be televised, or available over the Web somewhere?

I like hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by BU Ken View Post
    Anyone know if this is going to be televised, or available over the Web somewhere?
    It won't be televised, at least not in the Boston area. I assume All-Access will be streaming it, but I think you'll have to pay.

Let's go RED!

Nope, Sir Flopsalot still sucks.
    I sat behind him at a UW scrimmage on Saturday and he was definately not Sir Flopsalot. He was more of a Sir Iwanderoutofthecreasealot, which did bother me.

How ironic UW finished last year with 1 Bahstin team, and they start with one this year. This one will end better than the last.

Let's go RED!

Veteran

I'm just trying to get the your/Bahstin Univursity's faithful's dander up. If the truth does so, so be it.
    Wait, are you trying to speak the truth, or rile opposing fans up? Because they are not one in the same.

And for the record I don't think saying Bennett doesn't suck achieves either of the two criteria you claim to meet

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Agganis View Post
    Wait, are you trying to speak the truth, or rile opposing fans up? Because they are not one in the same.

And for the record I don't think saying Bennett doesn't suck achieves either of the two criteria you claim to meet
    The truth can't rile someone up? IL is the worst place one could ever inhabit (with Rodentsota being a close second), worse than Siberia on the coldest cold day or hottest hot day in the Amazon Jungle. This IS the truth, not some half baked opinion. Ask any born and bred Wisconsinite.

$10 to watch these games online on hockeyprimetime.com.
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Do people expect this tournament to be well attended? I mean it seems like it will be a long trip for each of the teams involved in this. Since this is being played at an NHL arena won't it look pretty empty?

Still outranks his daughter

Quote Originally Posted by CHFAN222 View Post
    Since this is being played at an NHL arena won't it look pretty empty?
    My fear is it will BE pretty empty.

Go Whalers

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    My fear is it will BE pretty empty.
    I'm having trouble figuring out the rationale for putting this here. It's an early season tournament that people in town likely won't see much reason to come for, and it being very far away from all four schools, their fans likely are saving the money for other trips, like myself. At least put this near one of the schools participating so there's guaranteed to be at least a few thousand fans.

My question is why was the Ice Breaker scheduled AFTER the first regular season hockey game. Hasn't the first game usually started before any other game that counts (think there are usually other games the same day, but not as early).

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Thread Information