Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game DVDs from the 2010 NCAA Tournament - Who'd be interested?

Having been to many games at Agganis (moonlighting with their pep band while in grad school during their latest NC run), I can vouch for it as being one of the nicest places I've ever seen a hockey game. This statement includes the pro rinks I've been to.

It's plopped in the dead center of BU's city campus and right next to their fitness center so it's on everyone's way to somewhere. There are two student sections, one behind each goal, and the pep band sits at the top of the BU-shoot-twice end's. For tickets, they do what they call a Sports Pass where students pay $50 a semester(?) that gets tacked on directly to the tuition bill, and you get one ticket for these sections per game, and a $10 extra one if you want. They kept the Boston Garden's/Memorial Auditorium's same-side penalty box to give a home ice advantage. (I'm surprised that NCAA doesn't have a rule against this.) I haven't been in a seat yet that didn't have a great view of the ice, but it still has all the accoutrements of a modern arena, i.e. a ring of boxes at the concourse level. Can't speak to their views, never having been invited.

RIT would be well served to take Agganis as an example of how to do a college hockey arena done right. I think Agganis is more seats than Ritter II would need but the building style is great and the atmosphere remains.
    The Rochester Institute of Technology
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      I was there over Thanksgiving when they played Niagara and there were plenty of seats. They do get a lot of off-campus fans so that's something to keep in mind. Bought my tickets online and even though the place was half-full, the system put us in line with the goal on the far side of the entrance. Still good seats though and there's no extra charge to buy on-line.

You have to go through a security checkpoint at the gate, make sure all of the adults have photo id or they may not let some of your party in.

For parking, I was told to avoid the upper parking lot as there's a big set of stairs coming down from the upper lot and apparently, it gets iced up pretty bad in the winter months. If you stay on the road past the lot, you'll pass an access road to the arean. Continue on and you'll see some parking spots along the road which is a short walk to the entrance.

Parking rules are stricly enforced so avoid parking in front of fire hydrants or in other no-parking areas.
      Thnks fort the parking info. been a few years since i've been to West Point. Wish it was the Fall though. That place is amazing.

Gotta snag the other day though. I was planning on going with my Brother, but he may have a mens league playoff game friday night. We'll see now. hoping his playoff is Thursday. Otherwise i told him i can be a ringer for them!

Originally posted by NYRangersGirl1981 View Post
      The RIT/Army games usually do sell out, and the Alumni event helps. If you have Alumni though, sign up through that. Last year both games sold out.

https://secure.www.alumniconnections...vent=2308689.0
      I saw that they have had pretty good draws from RIT the last few years. and Timing of this game is pretty good for a lot of people. We'll likely hit the Friday game so no alumni event for me....Trying to do a lot of things in a little time.

Just saw, Army's leading scorer is from my home town in NJ...
      Last edited by JRZ DVLS; 12-20-2010, 01:03 PM.

Comment

i am kind of interested about the reception of RIT at west point due to the fights at the end of the series last year. it might just blow over, but the coaches, AD, and even the army fans were pretty worked up about it last year.
        i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
          i am kind of interested about the reception of RIT at west point due to the fights at the end of the series last year. it might just blow over, but the coaches, AD, and even the army fans were pretty worked up about it last year.
          One thing that plays in favor of everything blowing over is that the AD is now with Maryland, currently forcing out their football coach.
          2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
          2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
            One thing that plays in favor of everything blowing over is that the AD is now with Maryland, currently forcing out their football coach.
            Maryland will be a powerhouse in the ACC now
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by ken66 View Post
              That shot glanced off the top of the side pipe, and rebounded in my direction.

I have a very difficult time describing Morrison's performance last night as "hot", as some have. He saved a very uninspired penalty shot easily, and a slew of ordinary shots. He was penalized for taking off his helmet to stop play. He was constantly out of the crease leaving the goal untended, and setting picks. And, ultimately he gave up four goals. Well, OK, one wasn't exactly his fault, but that's how the puck bounces. There was constant action in front of his crease because of the kind of rebounds he was offering. Hot? Not. I do have to admit Conacher's goal was the play of the night. He earned it.
              Watching the film I realized it was Tory Carissimo (linesmen) who actually made the call on the penatly shot or at least brought it to the attention of refree Jim Visconte. It really was a great catch and he was right on. I hope Tory becomes a refree one day, I have notice his effort a lot and commented on it. I think he could be a good AHA ref...

Morrison was the ONLY reason Canisius had a chance on Friday night. So give him some respect. All though I agree not all the save were eye popping ones. That is what I found most frustrating was that Morrison was playing well and RIT was not beating him adn I did not feel either that he was "standing on his head" as they say. But (and I say this to many people) get off goaltenders leaving the crease. I really am amazed at the many people who have a panic attack because a goaltender has left the crease. You see one or two of those goals on plays like that a year out of the hundreds of times goaltenders play the puck. Its part of the game and they should do it. And to the NHL, that trapzoid rule sucks!!!!

I think Canisius needs to put Scarsella and Conacher on the same line like they did in the third period, yeah it makes them a one line team, but when they don't have those two together they really look like a no line team. Conacher did a great job of taking what Madolora gave him on his goal. It was a good shot, but I think Shane could have played it better he got caught deep in his crease and gave Conacher the top corner of the net, which is all he had to shot at as he was at top speed and really could not make any other move. Shane did learn later as Cory had the same type of break away in the third, but this time Madolora got out and shut down the angle as Conacher tried to go high again.

Did anyone else notice how high the Canisius Forwards were getting and stretching out their box on the PK? It cost them on the game winner as I think it was Chris Haltigin who made a nice move around the high forward and started the play that lead to Janda's goal.

Final thought of the nght, I know its been mention but I don't think we really can apperciate how good the freshmen forwards are especially Colavecchia, Lynch , and Mitchell. I can't think of a better freshman trio of forwards RIT has had since I had been around since 98. Burt and Brenner would be in there if they had a third member of there skill and there were other good freshmen in that group, but I don't think they match this years trio I just mentioned...
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

Merry Christmas Everybody!
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Crap, I forgot to go home! I missed it!
                  RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

I know, a little early but I'm shutting off my laptop till after new years in hopes of regaining my sanity.
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I know, a little early but I'm shutting off my laptop till after new years in hopes of regaining my sanity.
                      Most people get crazier over the holidays so the computer might help you stay sane.
                      RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Me too, lol
                        RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Do we know if the Winter Classic game (RIT v Robert Morris) will be televised at all?

Comment

Originally posted by nerdofthunder View Post
                            Do we know if the Winter Classic game (RIT v Robert Morris) will be televised at all?
                            I checked earlier and according to the site I looked at it wont be.
                            RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                              I think he could be a good AHA ref......
                              So the league would then have one?

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                              Shane did learn later as Cory had the same type of break away in the third, but this time Madolora got out and shut down the angle as Conacher tried to go high again.
                              I sit right behind that net, and it appeared to me that he went five-hole on his second breakaway and Shane closed it up on him.
                              Can't we all just get along?
                              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                                So the league would then have one?

I sit right behind that net, and it appeared to me that he went five-hole on his second breakaway and Shane closed it up on him.
                                I would say at least two, I know some hate me for thinking this, but I still think Pete Feola is a good official. Visconte is not too bad either, sometime he becomes one of those who you don't complain about what he calls its the ones he lets go and then calls others. I also dare say last game RIT had Elis he was not so bad....

On the second Conacher break I am very sure he tried to go high and Mads made a shoulder save, I know he went high I turned and made the same comment to the best looking RIT Tiger fan who was standing next to me
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X