Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I know it mkes work for you RB, but it's very cool that we once again get to follow a recruit playing for the USNDTP.
    I think that getting Haggerty may be more significant than getting JD'A. Anyone get get lucky once and get an USNTDP recruit (even Union had one), but two shows a trend.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I think that getting Haggerty may be more significant than getting JD'A. Anyone get get lucky once and get an USNTDP recruit (even Union had one), but two shows a trend.
    3 would make it then the norm. Let's get one more!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

On Saturday, the USNDPT U-18 team lost to the Denver Pioneers 8-1. Ryan Haggerty had no points or penalties. https://www.collegehockeystats.net/10...s/mdenu181.o02

Haggerty's line is now 5-0-1-1-7.
    RPI recruit, Ryan Haggerty, played at Denver last night with USA U-18. He was listed on the 4th line and didn't get a great deal of ice time. He was the "sacrificial lamb" and sat for a 5 min. penalty when an USA player got ejected. He had -1 for the game. Considering DU scored 8, not too bad. He didn't seem to be making big mistakes, but he wasn't a dominant player. Have to see how he develops over the season.
    GO DU !!!

Quote Originally Posted by vizoroo View Post
    RPI recruit, Ryan Haggerty, played at Denver last night with USA U-18. He was listed on the 4th line and didn't get a great deal of ice time. He was the "sacrificial lamb" and sat for a 5 min. penalty when an USA player got ejected. He had -1 for the game. Considering DU scored 8, not too bad. He didn't seem to be making big mistakes, but he wasn't a dominant player. Have to see how he develops over the season.
    Thanks for the report. Of course, because he didn't get much ice time and several of DU's goals were at uneven strength and wouldn't count in the +/-, a -1 might be par for the course.

Since RPI is playing CC next weekend, it wouldn't surprise me if someone from the 'Tute is out there watching the U-18 team playing CC this evening.

On Sunday, the Stouffville Spirit defeated the Brampton Capitals 11-1. Matt Neal had no points or penalties (in an 11-1 game? ). Interesting that the scoring virtually stopped at the end of the 2nd period and then the fighting began. https://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1345736

Neal's line is now 9-5-3-8-4.

Thanks for the report. Of course, because he didn't get much ice time and several of DU's goals were at uneven strength and wouldn't count in the +/-, a -1 might be par for the course.

Since RPI is playing CC next weekend, it wouldn't surprise me if someone from the 'Tute is out there watching the U-18 team playing CC this evening.
    DU had 3 Power Play goals and 1 shorty.
    GO DU !!!

On Sunday, the USNDPT U-18 team lost to the Colorado College Tigers 7-1. Ryan Haggerty had no points or penalties. https://www.collegehockeystats.net/10...s/mcc_u181.o03

Haggerty's line is now 6-0-1-1-7.

Code:
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            8- 7- 6- 13-  2 10/06/10
    Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)       9- 5- 3-  8-  4 10/08/10
    Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                     6- 0- 1-  1-  7 10/08/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 10/08/10

Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)      2- 0- 0-  0-  0 10/08/10

Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        1- 0- 1-0-2.00-.913 10/14/10

Article about Matt Neal commiting to RPI https://www.yorkregion.com/sports/loc...terstitialskip
    Neal said he had entertained offers from Cornell University and Union College and had visited Rochester Institute of Technology and Canisius College.

FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefor he'll begin playing this Friday.

FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefore he'll begin playing this Friday.

FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefore he'll begin playing this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    FYI: the last game of the B.R.O.'s suspension has been lifted; therefor he'll begin playing this Friday.
    Three times is a charm.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Three times is a charm.
    That's one way to increase your post count quickly-I might try it to reach 30,000 sooner RB you could be at over 300,000!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Three times is a charm.
    Only if you click your heels while saying it. It'll have to come true!
    Without A Peer - Covering RPI men's and women's hockey
    APBWiki

On Friday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Brockville Braves 2-1 (3-2) in a shootout. Jacob Laliberté had an assist and a slashing penalty. https://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318592

Laliberté's line is now 8-7-6-13-2.
    Now the shootout says it was 2-1 -- still no JL.

Article about Cornwall's recent games https://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2784177.

Article about Matt Neal commiting to RPI https://www.yorkregion.com/sports/loc...terstitialskip
    These are the kind of recruiting battles that are great to see us win. Coups like D'Amigo were great, but will not be something that happens on a regular basis until we make the tournament on a regular basis. Beating out other "academic" schools consistently for not-quite-top tier guys like Neal is the first step in making that a possibility.

Three times is a charm.
    I'll take a by on the next two early morning posts

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

Quote Originally Posted by knsmith View Post
    These are the kind of recruiting battles that are great to see us win. Coups like D'Amigo were great, but will not be something that happens on a regular basis until we make the tournament on a regular basis. Beating out other "academic" schools consistently for not-quite-top tier guys like Neal is the first step in making that a possibility.
    I'm intrigued that Canisius was in on Neal after previously having (prematurely, apparently) landed Brock Higgs. They've had a number of solid talents in recent years. Bucky Gleason's insanity aside, it seems like Dave Smith has the Griffs poised to be a solid AHA program in the near future.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I'm intrigued that Canisius was in on Neal after previously having (prematurely, apparently) landed Brock Higgs. They've had a number of solid talents in recent years. Bucky Gleason's insanity aside, it seems like Dave Smith has the Griffs poised to be a solid AHA program in the near future.
    I agree. However, did we ever hear who else was recruiting Higgs (after he de-committed from Canisius)? I still (especially after hearing reports from the scrimmage) am not nearly as high on him as other people here seem to be. While I think he can certainly be a good contributor on a checking line, I personally don't seeing him having much more offensive upside than, for example, Malchuk or Kurt Colling.

Thread Information