Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1001

Thread: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

  1. #41
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    9,046

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post

    Does anyone know what schools are in the hunt fo Saponari?
    Do we know for sure that he is in fact, going back to school?
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    This whole Hockey Summit thing is a joke. As these guys meet the blood letting continues for College Hockey (see Nick Quinn). It would seem he is on his way to the O. Doesn't his dad run some hockey skill camp in Canuckistan, most likely pressure from that end to stay in Canada. I think you're going to see coaches stopping focusing on the blue chippers who will most likely bolt and turn to kids who intend on being part of the university experience. Paul Kelly not be invited to that joke of summit is not encouraging. NCAA has to address this issue in some way, recruiting rule changes, etc.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    5,572

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That was why Quinn was cut. He thought that he would be allowed three, but he wasn't.

    Does anyone know what schools are in the hunt for Saponari?
    The Saponari that was chucked from BU? I don't know much about him, but to get chucked from BU takes a lot!! That's a preety big red flag if you ask me.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Yes, he was cut after he being paraded into town as one of Monty's cherished pre-draft tenders. Hence the insult.
    I would disagree with the "cut" assertion. The following quote is from Monty re: Quinn departure from DFS. "We weren't the only team to have this happen to," Montgomery said. "It's an unfortunate situation, and I feel bad about it, because we had big plans for Nick." The Quinn family may have taken it this way but realities of the situation seem to contradict that he was cut. Just saying

    Source of quote
    https://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=292665
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Do we know for sure that he is in fact, going back to school?
    Not sure but of course going to USHL keeps this option on the table.

  6. #46
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    9,046

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    I would disagree with the "cut" assertion. The following quote is from Monty re: Quinn departure from DFS. "We weren't the only team to have this happen to," Montgomery said. "It's an unfortunate situation, and I feel bad about it, because we had big plans for Nick." The Quinn family may have taken it this way but realities of the situation seem to contradict that he was cut. Just saying

    Source of quote
    https://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=292665
    "Cut", "released", "let go" label it anyway you like. Bottom line is Monty had three guys to choose from and the one kid Monty knew he'd only have for one season got the boot. The cold, business side of hockey.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

  7. #47
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,593

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Do we know for sure that he is in fact, going back to school?
    I am pretty sure that it was mentioned in the Dubuque paper a while back.

  8. #48
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    9,046

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bothman View Post
    The Saponari that was chucked from BU? I don't know much about him, but to get chucked from BU takes a lot!! That's a preety big red flag if you ask me.
    That's him...that's why he is "rehabbing" in the USHL. Reports are that Atlanta folks recommended Dubuque to him. Anyone's guess as to what he does next...if he lights up the USHL this year, as many think he will...who knows
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

  9. #49
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    9,046

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    You really did post about Koudys here.
    You doubted me? Wanted to get into the habit....
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I am pretty sure that it was mentioned in the Dubuque paper a while back.
    "Saponari will play this coming season with Dubuque of the USHL, as the Thrashers helped point him in that direction. He could have opted to play as an over-ager in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, but by playing in the USHL, he retains NCAA eligibility to play at another school in the 2011-12 season. (Saponari said his older brother will finish his education at BU, but not play hockey.)"


    Source https://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534969

    Dr. Baer, he would look good in the Cherry and White on the PP with JL next year, eh ?

  11. #51
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    9,046

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    ...he would look good in the Cherry and White on the PP with JL next year, eh ?
    Talk about betting the long shots...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Talk about betting the long shots...
    I'm a dreamer Not totally out of the question though.

  13. #53
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,593

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    "Saponari will play this coming season with Dubuque of the USHL, as the Thrashers helped point him in that direction. He could have opted to play as an over-ager in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, but by playing in the USHL, he retains NCAA eligibility to play at another school in the 2011-12 season. (Saponari said his older brother will finish his education at BU, but not play hockey.)"


    Source https://thrashers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534969

    Dr. Baer, he would look good in the Cherry and White on the PP with JL next year, eh ?
    Sure would.

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    928

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    This whole Hockey Summit thing is a joke. As these guys meet the blood letting continues for College Hockey (see Nick Quinn). It would seem he is on his way to the O. Doesn't his dad run some hockey skill camp in Canuckistan, most likely pressure from that end to stay in Canada. I think you're going to see coaches stopping focusing on the blue chippers who will most likely bolt and turn to kids who intend on being part of the university experience. Paul Kelly not be invited to that joke of summit is not encouraging. NCAA has to address this issue in some way, recruiting rule changes, etc.
    I hear Quinn will play in Des Moines.

  15. #55
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,593

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    I hear Quinn will play in Des Moines.
    And CH has removed him from our list https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...LdlBOaHc&gid=1. That means that he most likely he will be going to another college.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-27-2010 at 01:22 PM.

  16. #56
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,593

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Code:
    2011
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 08/27/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/11/10
    
    Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)
    It just dawned on me that Piper is a great name for a goalie who plays "between the pipes".

  17. #57
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,930

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Code:
    2011
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 08/27/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/11/10
    
    Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)
    It just dawned on me that Piper is a great name for a goalie who plays "between the pipes".
    Do you sit up nights thinking of these things?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  18. #58
    Not a player, I just crush a lot
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht
    Posts
    25,282

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Do you sit up nights thinking of these things?
    Actually, he's kinda slow on the take, as myself and at least one other poster had already thought of that... we just weren't corny enough to post it.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

  19. #59
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,593

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Do you sit up nights thinking of these things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Actually, he's kinda slow on the take, as myself and at least one other poster had already thought of that... we just weren't corny enough to post it.
    RC is correct. It just dawned on me when I posted this today.

    Is this more corny than "Without a Pirri"?

  20. #60
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,930

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    RC is correct. It just dawned on me when I posted this today.

    Is this more corny than "Without a Pirri"?
    Ok-I give up-what color is the sky in your world?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •