Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1001

Thread: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

  1. #541
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I will never join Twitter. I still believe a .edu e-mail should be needed for Facebook, though.
    I understand your logic, but remember that some us who are a lot older have .edu email addresses. I have an alum.rpi.edu address.

  2. #542
    Not a player, I just crush a lot
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht
    Posts
    25,282

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I will never join Twitter. I still believe a .edu e-mail should be needed for Facebook, though.
    I bet you an Internet dollar that you're wrong.

    For the record, if you're not on Twitter, you're missing out on mini-WaP updates that are not posted to the site itself.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

  3. #543
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Article about yesterday's Cornwall game https://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2761006. I wonder if we will have an interest in Cornwall's goalie.

    Pregame article https://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2761357

  4. #544
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    928

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Can you give those of us who are not on facebook an idea what is there?
    It's a photo of him wearing #1...I will attemt to post the image...

  5. #545
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    It's a photo of him wearing #1...I will attemt to post the image...
    You'll have to store a copy on a website where you have space.

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    47,988

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I bet you an Internet dollar that you're wrong.

    For the record, if you're not on Twitter, you're missing out on mini-WaP updates that are not posted to the site itself.
    I do know that it is not required to have a .edu e-mail. However, the statement was of utopian belief, not of fact.

    As for Twitter, I have 4 internet morals, and that particular site is involved in one of them. I realize I'm "missing out", but I feel no regret.

  7. #547
    Not a player, I just crush a lot
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht
    Posts
    25,282

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I do know that it is not required to have a .edu e-mail. However, the statement was of utopian belief, not of fact.
    God help you if you ever go into business.

    As for Twitter, I have 4 internet morals, and that particular site is involved in one of them. I realize I'm "missing out", but I feel no regret.
    You just used the words "internet" and "morals" back to back. How is that even possible considering the sizable chunk of the web that's used for immorality?
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

  8. #548
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,081

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I believe to the contrary... the forwards will try to figure out some cheap way to get him into the box, even if it means skating with their head down and diving into the boards.

    17 penalty minutes already... obviously I didn't see the game, but I hope it was due to aggressive play (cross-check = likely, elbow = probable) and not something dumb (like an interference or a hook).
    They may try the cheap shot way once-usually it is a good jog to your memory to have a 6'6" 260 pound elbow to your head-and then you don't ever try the same thing again. I am of the firm opinion that Luke will gain a lot of respect in the ECAC with most smart forwards wishing to avoid him at all costs.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  9. #549
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    They may try the cheap shot way once-usually it is a good jog to your memory to have a 6'6" 260 pound elbow to your head-and then you don't ever try the same thing again. I am of the firm opinion that Luke will gain a lot of respect in the ECAC with most smart forwards wishing to avoid him at all costs.
    The question in my mind, however, is what the refs, who seem to have it for RPI over the years, are going to do. When you are 6'6" and 260 lb, you will be noticed. (At least, I think that you will. I never was 6'6" -- not even 5'5". )

  10. #550
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,081

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The question in my mind, however, is what the refs, who seem to have it for RPI over the years, are going to do. When you are 6'6" and 260 lb, you will be noticed. (At least, I think that you will. I never was 6'6" -- not even 5'5". )
    Oh he'll get his share of penalties in the early games-but the reputation will linger. He will make his point quickly and opposing forwards will not be wanting to spend time in the trainer's room. One painful thump usually makes you learn a lesson quickly. My only concern is if they can goad Luke into taking penalties that do not involve some real physical contact. I think he will be fine. I suspect years from now he will be one of those defensemen we remember well. At least we will have one defenseman out there at least who will make opposing forwards have to think how to avoid and that may make them have to change their approach. He should be very capable at clearing out in front of the crease where many goals are scored.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  11. #551
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    I suspect years from now he will be one of those defensemen we remember well.
    I agree -- unless I get Alzheimer's disease.

  12. #552
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    I know I will be accused of kissing up to Babo but I believe BRO will play in the show. can't teach that size and more importantly his reach (clog passing lanes). That size is imposing and certainly will be welcome roaming HFH. We have some quality now and coming in on the blue line. PK, GL and BRO are big boys and will change the way we play. This is the next step in the rebuild. Let's always remember that SA recruited Matt Carle and knows talent back there when he sees it.

  13. #553
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,081

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    I know I will be accused of kissing up to Babo but I believe BRO will play in the show. can't teach that size and more importantly his reach (clog passing lanes). That size is imposing and certainly will be welcome roaming HFH. We have some quality now and coming in on the blue line. PK, GL and BRO are big boys and will change the way we play. This is the next step in the rebuild. Let's always remember that SA recruited Matt Carle and knows talent back there when he sees it.
    Agree with one exception. i don't know much about Luke's quickness. He certainly will be a force and I'm sure the powers that be have noticed him for some time already. If he can add a level of quickness then the sky's the limit for some one with his size. He already has the things you can't teach.

    BTW it is OK to kiss up to Babo-she is a very attractive lady. https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:7,s:0
    Last edited by DrDemento; 09-18-2010 at 08:14 AM.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  14. #554
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Article about Dubuque's game https://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=295932. BRO isn't mentioned.

  15. #555
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Standard Freeholder https://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2763078
    RPI Engineers head coach Seth Appert was at Thursday's opener, and he had a friendly, long chat with Colts captain Jake Laliberte, who's headed to the school in Troy, N.Y., next season. (Appert also spoke outside the Colts dressing room with the Spink twins, Tyson and Tylor.)

    It's been a long wait for Appert to finally have Laliberte in the Engineers lineup, but he sure sounded excited about it finally happening in 12 months from now.

    Laliberte has been on fire -- as expected -- this season, with eight points in three contests.

  16. #556
    Alleged Kool-Aid Drinker....OH YEAH
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Halfmoon,NY
    Posts
    1,408

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Everybody happy now that the SF mentioned that in the paper......
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

  17. #557
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Everybody happy now that the SF mentioned that in the paper......
    And also the Spink twins. (Why do I keep thinking of boxers with bad teeth? )

  18. #558
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,081

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    And also the Spink twins. (Why do I keep thinking of boxers with bad teeth? )
    Perhaps because you are old enough to remember the Spinks Jinx?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  19. #559
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    I finally got around to checking when the Toronto Aeros play their first game.
    Code:
    2011
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)            3- 4- 4-  8-  0 09/21/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/19/10
    
    Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        0- 0- 0-0-0.00-.000 10/02/10

  20. #560
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    203,283

    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

    Dubuque's exhibition game on 9/19/10 is missing from the USHL website. It could still show up.

    Are there anymore exhibition games before the season opens on 10/1/10?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •