Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Getting a little punch drunk is all.
    The only thing good about all of this is that I may not owe you a beer.

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

What a major win for Union this is.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

This whole Hockey Summit thing is a joke. As these guys meet the blood letting continues for College Hockey (see Nick Quinn). It would seem he is on his way to the O. Doesn't his dad run some hockey skill camp in Canuckistan, most likely pressure from that end to stay in Canada. I think you're going to see coaches stop focusing on the blue chippers who will most likely bolt and turn to kids who intend on being part of the university experience. Paul Kelly not be invited to that joke of summit is not encouraging. NCAA has to address this issue in some way, recruiting rule changes, etc.
    Last edited by AspyDad; 08-27-2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Oh, ye (is that spelled right?), of little faith in the First Church of RPI Hockey!

This thread is not sounding at all like a soap opera; IT'S SOUNDING LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD WOMEN!!! Snap out of it (FD08, please insert Cher slapping Nick Cage...)

Here is what we know: RPI lost a valued Asst. Coach, some key player have left and a prized recruit may have de-committed. Here's what we also know: Seth Appert has slowly begun to build a team which will contend.

Here is what we don't know (but what I think is the key point overlooked): A good coach can take a group of players who are NOT superstars and form them into a cohesive unit. That might not happen in October but I think by Christmas it will. I said it before and I'll say it again...this story is going to be written on pages smeared with mud and blood, chards of ice, smelly ripped gloves, chewed up mouth guards and the (hopefully not toothless) smiles of 23 young men standing behind their intrepid coach.

Everyone stop ringing your hands and let's get ready for the roller coaster ride!!! This is going to be a fun season.

Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    This thread is not sounding at all like a soap opera; IT'S SOUNDING LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD WOMEN!!! Snap out of it (FD08, please insert Cher slapping Nick Cage...)
    You"re right BB. In my last post, I sound like a candy a**, panty waist
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    This whole Hockey Summit thing is a joke. As these guys meet the blood letting continues for College Hockey (see Nick Quinn). It would seem he is on his way to the O. Doesn't his dad run some hockey skill camp in Canuckistan, most likely pressure from that end to stay in Canada. I think you're going to see coaches stopping focusing on the blue chippers who will most likely bolt and turn to kids who intend on being part of the university experience. Paul Kelly not be invited to that joke of summit is not encouraging. NCAA has to address this issue in some way, recruiting rule changes, etc.
    His father does run a hockey skills camp. I think his dad is looking for what is best for Nick. Whether it is the OHL or another college, we should find out soon.

RC, you're right I despise Union. I'm just hoping that FD08 isn't going to go into the whole "I really don't mind Union that much because I hooked up w/ a girl from Union" thing like he did w Cornell

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    His father does run a hockey skills camp. I think his dad is looking for what is best for Nick. Whether it is the OHL or another college, we should find out soon.
    I'm sure but wouldn't a good education be part of what is best for him. It would be hard for me to believe it would be another college after we just put two guys in the pros.

I'm sure but wouldn't a good education be part of what is best for him. It would be hard for me to believe it would be another college after we just put two guys in the pros.
    You and I think it would be, especially since he is a smalllish defenseman. Perhaps he thinks that he can be in a better situation in another school.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    (FD08, please insert Cher slapping Nick Cage...)
    You're on your own for finding that one; I only do stuff from daytime TV.

Also, you did have "ye of little faith" spelling correct.

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

"I really don't mind Union that much because I hooked up w/ a girl from Union" thing like he did w Cornell
    No, that was me.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Banned

RC, you're right I despise Union. I'm just hoping that FD08 isn't going to go into the whole "I really don't mind Union that much because I hooked up w/ a girl from Union" thing like he did w Cornell
    That is not the reason why I don't mind Cornell; I actually didn't mind Cornell well before I met her. Also, since my time at the 'tute, I've gotten over labeling people simply upon account of what brand they use; in the end, we all achieve the same goals, and I'm going to keep my acquaintances and hockey team differences separate.

Mushroom Cloud-Laying Mofo GreatLakerMohawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    That is not the reason why I don't mind Cornell; I actually didn't mind Cornell well before I met her.
    *******https://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/GAH.gif********
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

I miss Tie Domi

... It would be hard for me to believe it would be another college after we just put two guys in the pros.
    Really? It's not hard for me to believe it, after that school pushed you back a year (which you may have been ok with) but then the guy who recruited you to that school cut you from his USHL team, leaving you scrambling to find another team. That doesn't feel like love to me....

I'm just sayin'. Seth likely didn't have any control over the DBQ situation, but if the news is true, he's guilty by association with the feelings the Quinn's must have toward Monty.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

I miss Tie Domi

Apologies if this was posted previously. Article from the Welland (Ont.) Tribune from a few days back with quotes from Koudys Sr. and Appert.

https://www.wellandtribune.ca/Article...aspx?e=2722166
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Really? It's not hard for me to believe it, after that school pushed you back a year (which you may have been ok with) but then the guy who recruited you to that school cut you from his USHL team, leaving you scrambling to find another team. That doesn't feel like love to me....
    I thought Quinn was "cut" because Monty had to many imports. See ur point though. I'll take Vinny Saponari though

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Apologies if this was posted previously. Article from the Welland (Ont.) Tribune from a few days back with quotes from Koudys Sr. and Appert.

https://www.wellandtribune.ca/Article...aspx?e=2722166
    You really did post about Koudys here.

I thought Quinn was "cut" because Monty had to many imports. See ur point though. I'll take Vinny Saponari though
    That was why Quinn was cut. He thought that he would be allowed three, but he wasn't.

Does anyone know what schools are in the hunt for Saponari?
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-27-2010 at 10:45 AM.

I miss Tie Domi

I thought Quinn was "cut" because Monty had to many imports. See ur point though..
    Yes, he was cut after he being paraded into town as one of Monty's cherished pre-draft tenders. Hence the insult.

Thread Information