Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beman View Post
    My God didn't invent the off season thread it was probably you and Ralph
    Well, my God invented me AND Ralph, and therefore by extension invented the off-season thread.

Checkmate.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

I miss Tie Domi

Talking Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

My god is Charlton Heston...

Supreme Commander

just a thought ... JL coming next year gives SA a year to use this a recruiting enticement for other players. Add in the two pro contracts ... and SA has a story to sell. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with it.

A word to the wise is infuriating

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Well, my God invented me AND Ralph, and therefore by extension invented the off-season thread.

Checkmate.
    Can't I ever win? Once? I feel like Sisyphus

In an exhibition game on Thursday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Brockville Braves 7-5. Jacob Laliberté did not dress. https://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1347147. Cornwall plays again on Friday.

Laliberté's preseason line is now 2-2-0-2-2.

Mushroom Cloud-Laying Mofo GreatLakerMohawk's Avatar

"You have deeply offended us and our god. And our god is a god of vengeance, and horror."

"And action!"

"Our god is an Indian who turns into a wolf."

"No, that's Wolfen, man."

"Yes, well, the Wolfen will come for you, with his razor!"
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by RPIcrank View Post
    just a thought ... JL coming next year gives SA a year to use this a recruiting enticement for other players. Add in the two pro contracts ... and SA has a story to sell. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with it.
    It should help. I am getting concerned that we are behind just about everyone else in recruiting. We are losing four forwards (Helfrich, Polacek, Halpern, and Brutlag) and two defensemen (Foss and Kennedy), plus wherever Beauregard fits in. We may or may not have to replace Malchuk because he has a red-shirt year but could leave anyway. Then there are D'Amigo, Pirri, and Watts. We could thus have eight forwards and three defensemen to replace. So far we only have one of each committed. Even if Malchuk returns and we don't go back to having 18 forwards, there are quite a few openings.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It should help. I am getting concerned that we are behind just about everyone else in recruiting. We are losing four forwards (Helfrich, Polacek, Halpern, and Brutlag) and two defensemen (Foss and Kennedy), plus wherever Beauregard fits in. We may or may not have to replace Malchuk because he has a red-shirt year but could leave anyway. Then there are D'Amigo, Pirri, and Watts. We could thus have eight forwards and three defensemen to replace. So far we only have one of each committed. Even if Malchuk returns and we don't go back to having 18 forwards, there are quite a few openings.
    Ralph-There is still plenty of time. I agree though, we are losing a big bundle and hopefully we will begin to hear some replacement names soon. If not-perhaps there is some college elligibility left for you, me, Wicked (between the pipes) RC and FlagDude? I will have to sharpen my skates though.(I think they may have some rust on them)
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Ralph-There is still plenty of time. I agree though, we are losing a big bundle and hopefully we will begin to hear some replacement names soon. If not-perhaps there is some college elligibility left for you, me, Wicked (between the pipes) RC and FlagDude? I will have to sharpen my skates though.(I think they may have some rust on them)
    Thanks for the laugh. I have not been on skates since my freshman year at RPI, and it is questionable if what I did then could properly be described as skating.

There is certainly time left, but a lot of the better prospects have been taken.

Veteran

Ive also been noticing the list of recruits from other teams getting longer on CH's site, while ours has shrunk. I have a feeling once all the junior seasons get going full swing you will see RPI's list start to catch up with everyone elses. I counted 17 recruits listed for Yale, if RPI ever had that many recruits, poor Ralph would never get any sleep keeping track of all of them.

BTW, I keep seeing Saponari's name pop up on here, did I miss something where he stated he showed interest in RPI or is it just speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by redhead18 View Post
    I counted 17 recruits listed for Yale, if RPI ever had that many recruits, poor Ralph would never get any sleep keeping track of all of them.
    I would be happy. Just think how fast we would get through threads.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead18 View Post
    BTW, I keep seeing Saponari's name pop up on here, did I miss something where he stated he showed interest in RPI or is it just speculation?
    Nothing at all shows that he is interested. Just like the Spink twins, he plays for a team that we have a connection to.

Just as there is a constant turn over at schools, there is a constant pipeline of potential recruits each year...one of the things I love is hearing how a junior player "emerges" or "blossoms" all of a sudden.

There is one other piece to the recruiting puzzle that should give all of us a bit of assurance...our AD (Athletic Director...not our Rookie of the Year ) spends his summers in rinks with his younger son. I have no doubt he notes who might be a comer and give the word to SA. He has said he doesn't want to insert himself in the coach's business and I'm sure he doesn't; but I'm also sure an intriguing recruit or two can come from those venues...
    Last edited by babo; 09-03-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    Just as there is a constant turn over at schools, there is a constant pipeline of potential recruits each year...one of the things I love is hearing how a junior player "emerges" or "blossoms" all of a sudden.

There is one other piece to the recruiting puzzle that should give all of us a bit of assurance...our AD (Athletic Director...not our Rookie of the Year ) spends his summers in rinks with his younger son. I have no doubt he notes who might be a comer and give the word to SA. He has said he doesn't want to insert himself in the coach's business and I'm sure he doesn't; but I'm also sure an intriguing recruit or two can come from those venues...
    That's a good point about Knowlton. The more people helping give SA info, the better.

Chase Polacek, John Kennedy, and Jeff Foss didn't commit until the March, April, and May before their arrival in Troy. Today they're 3/4 of the captaincy. The other captain wasn't secured until the November before his arrival.

Yeah, I'm totally concerned about the recruiting situation.

Chase Polacek, John Kennedy, and Jeff Foss didn't commit until the March, April, and May before their arrival in Troy. Today they're 3/4 of the captaincy. The other captain wasn't secured until the November before his arrival.

Yeah, I'm totally concerned about the recruiting situation.
    I think that if you compare the recruit lists for all colleges from four years ago to the current one, you will find a significantly higher percentage of earlier commitments now than back then.

I think that if you compare the recruit lists for all colleges from four years ago to the current one, you will find a significantly higher percentage of earlier commitments now than back then.
    I'm sorry, Eeyore, you aren't convincing me.

Quote Originally Posted by babo View Post
    our AD (Athletic Director...not our Rookie of the Year )
    there seems to be a bit of contempt in that statement Your right BB, our Full Bird AD is most likely a help in this area.

Nothing at all shows that he is interested. Just like the Spink twins, he plays for a team that we have a connection to.
    Good Doctor, I am telling you he is on the radar. Scoff all you want but I am confident in my source on this one. Sometimes, I swear Ralph confuses me w Hokydad. This is more than he just plays for Monty, I'll leave it at that.

I'm sorry, Eeyore, you aren't convincing me.
    Were OK.....Recruiting some times comes down to what is available and what you need.A good example is the Spynx boys they are both fine players but do we really need any more 5'7 - 5'8 forwards I don't think so.We went 3 yrs.just grabbing the best talent we could now we can fill holes.Although the JDA/BP affair put a wrench in the plan I have to believe the staff only planned on them being there for 2yrs so we only have to Yaba Daba Doo our way thru his year.I can assure you with confidence that SA and the Brain Trust are a couple years out w/recruiting.You get to a point where you have to let the players you have mature and develop,it can't always be the next BIG THING. this hurts recruiting also kids and advisors get the opinion that there just the flavor of the day until someone better comes along.We are slowly getting to the point where we are not recruiuting we are RELOADING and that is a good thing.(JMO)
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/h...on-Izyk-110458 was there mention of RPI somewhere else RB...I believe this is from March

Thread Information