Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

I'd like to go on the record in preferring to start a running tally the way DU fans do it. They run through threads pretty quickly too although not as fast as we do.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Agreed. My main concern is that Monty could always say that he skated with Kariya. That seemed to impress a couple of recruits.
    Really?

Comment

Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread II -- We Can Rebuild Them. We Have the Technology!

RPI 2010 Off-Season III -- How we learned to stop worrying and love the Class of '14

RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread IV -- It's Looking Like No "I-V" Is Necessary!

RPI 2010 Off-season thread V: Captain Kennedy and the A-Team
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Really?
        Pirri mentioned it in an interview. IIRC, someone else did also.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'd like to go on the record in preferring to start a running tally the way DU fans do it. They run through threads pretty quickly too although not as fast as we do.
          I think doing it that way makes things difficult when you want to go back into the archives for something that happened in a specific past year. I much prefer the year-by-year count.

Comment

I thought about it a while back, but I didn't really like the idea.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wasn't referring to Nolan's recruiting skills, but his need to quickly catch up in developing relationships with the players/parents/advisors involved in who we've ID'd as targets. Recruiting is not only about talent identification but relationship development...a notion that JDA commented on when he committed to RPI. Offers being equal, the school that makes a kid feel most comfortable is the winner, 99 times out of 100.

This is why I think Seth has been/will be intimately involved..so as not to lose pace on the kids Monty was "nuturing"...
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-24-2010, 11:44 AM.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I think doing it that way makes things difficult when you want to go back into the archives for something that happened in a specific past year. I much prefer the year-by-year count.
                If you care about such things, sure. To me it's just needlessly wordy. Magic Google helps me find anything I need.

Comment

Yale, Brown, D, and Cornell all adding recruits this month. I'm just sayin'...
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    I wasn't referring to Nolan's recruiting skills, but his need to quickly catch up in developing relationships with the players/parents/advisors involved in who we've ID'd as targets. Recruiting is not only about talent identification but relationship development...a notion that JDA commented on when he committed to RPI. Offers being equal, the school that makes a kid feel most comfortable is the winner, 99 times out of 100.

This is why I think Seth has been/will be intimately involved..so as not to lose pace on the kids Monty was "nuturing"...
                    Any change it the staff causes some problems. It can't be helped. Seth saw something in Nolan. BTW, has anyone seen Nolan in Troy yet?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Yale, Brown, D, and Cornell all adding recruits this month. I'm just sayin'...
                      It would be nice. I look on CH's list everyday.

We did add a recruit -- but it was a woman.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BTW, has anyone seen Nolan in Troy yet?
                        Yes, relax. Your team of stalkers is hard at work.

Comment

Any change it the staff causes some problems. It can't be helped. Seth saw something in Nolan. BTW, has anyone seen Nolan in Troy yet?
                          IIRC, didn't it take Coach Vines a bit of time to get his working visa in when he was going through the initial paperwork? We may be lucky to see him by the start of the season, but I wouldn't know, as I'm not one of the stalkers.

Comment

As I said, Nolan IS talented and I like the hire. My point was that Seth will need to backfill on the kids we were trying to close on.

Nolan has been in town for a while. He was at the golf outing
                            http://www.rpiathletics.com/photo_ga...spx?gallery=63
                            (pic #12, far right).
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-24-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Yes, relax. Your team of stalkers is hard at work.
                              I was not concerend about him leaving although it might have sounded like it. .
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X