HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning

Good Luck to Louis Leblanc. I'm sure he deliberated long and hard and in the end did what he believes is best for him. Everyone at Harvard wishes him the best.

It's time to regroup and look ahead. For the first time in many years the hockey expectations in Cambridge are low to zilch. Another futile season would surprise no one. Donato in many ways is under siege. Mens hockey has been floundering in an era when Crimson sports in general have enjoyed unparalled success. Harvard athletics commands more attention and respect today than in almost a century.

So this is not the time to throw in the towel at Bright. I like to think we have seen the bottom and, though it may take some time to recover, we are on the threshold of a new beginning. We have a nucleus of good hockey players who, as underdogs and under no pressure, can do their thing and hopefully surprise some people. Let's keep the faith.

GO CRIMSON!

Re: HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning

Not to worry things will work out well! It opens a spot for another well deserving player to make things happen.

Comment

In looking over over our ten lacrosse recruits for the class of 2014 it's interesting to note that four of them played high school or prep school hockey and two of them captained their hockey teams.

While our varsity may be a bit short of recruits this fall our club team is gearing up for another winning season.

GO CRIMSON!

Comment

Not a lot to cheer about lately for Harvard - Leblanc's premature exit, some recruiting losses, etc

On a higher note, I had a son on Tuesday. Jack Ryan Rowbotham. Harvard hockey's youngest current fan!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          Not a lot to cheer about lately for Harvard - Leblanc's premature exit, some recruiting losses, etc

On a higher note, I had a son on Tuesday. Jack Ryan Rowbotham. Harvard hockey's youngest current fan!
          Hey congratulations bothman. Great choice on the names too. We were considering Jack. First child?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Congrats.
            Originally posted by moe24
            Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Congrats, bothman. Time to start shopping for skates...

Comment

Congrats!

Good thinking, scheduling the birth for the offseason. Hope Jack doesn't interfere with more important things come late October...
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Noticed Harvard is playing NU this year...is that new? Always remember them playing BC and BU, but not NU. Is Harvard not playing BC this year?

Also, seems like a big year for Donato IMO.

Comment

[QUOTE

On a higher note, I had a son on Tuesday. Jack Ryan Rowbotham. Harvard hockey's youngest current fan![/QUOTE]

Congratulations and best wishes to you and the family. I think it would be appropriate if Jack were to make an early non-binding commitment to Harvard for the Class of '32. Have Ted Donato and Admissions send the necessary papers.

GO CRIMSON!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Noticed Harvard is playing NU this year...is that new? Always remember them playing BC and BU, but not NU. Is Harvard not playing BC this year?

Also, seems like a big year for Donato IMO.
                      Harvard is limited to 29 regular season games. These include 22 ECAC games, two Beanpot Games and two Holiday tournament games (or equivilant intersectional games). That leaves only three discretionary games. For many years two of these were against BC and BU leaving only one other game.

It seems that now Donato wants to diversify the schedule by omitting BC and/or BU. The reasoning perhaps is that we will always play one or both of them anyway in the Beanpot. I think this explains why Northeastern and Merrimack are on this year's schedule. Next year it will probably be two other teams.

Regarding Donato I would agree that this is a critical year.

GO CRIMSON!
                      Last edited by ALONZO; 08-05-2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Congrats to you and your family, Bothman. Get the Bauers sharpened and the sticks taped!

Comment

Originally posted by ALONZO View Post
                          In looking over over our ten lacrosse recruits for the class of 2014 it's interesting to note that four of them played high school or prep school hockey and two of them captained their hockey teams.

While our varsity may be a bit short of recruits this fall our club team is gearing up for another winning season.

GO CRIMSON!
                          Maybe Teddy can convince some of laxmen to keep their skates close by and consider trying out for men's hockey. Lord knows we are going to need some depth and skill.

Regarding LeBlanc, I'm not surprised by his decision. Disappointed yes, but surprised, no. His loss doesn't doom the program by any stretch. It just opens the door for another deserving player to step in and commit to four years of Crimson hockey.

This has been a tough stretch for all of us. The last Frozen Four we participated in was 1994. It hurts just to write that. Something has to give or else we are going to be competing with Brown for the worst Ivy men's hockey program. Maybe we are already there.

Comment

Originally posted by ALONZO View Post
                            It seems that now Donato wants to diversify the schedule by omitting BC and/or BU. The reasoning perhaps is that we will always play one or both of them anyway in the Beanpot. I think this explains why Northeastern and Merrimack are on this year's schedule. Next year it will probably be two other teams.
                            I think playing some different NC teams would help the Harvard program.

Comment

well done! congratulations.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X