Which Region Attracts You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Region Attracts You?

Midwest. Love it here. After that it is a toss up between Oregon/Washington and the Mid-Atlantic. Mountain West is cool and all, but the NW beats it with the ocean factor. South? No. NE? No.

Scotland, Denmark, or southern France would be nice as well.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
      Chilkoot Charlie's
      Haven't been to Koot's yet - sketchy part of town, don't want to go alone.

Moose's Tooth (the one on Seward)
      Live less than a mile from it. The chicken ranch pizza is to die for. The Double Brown or whatever is potent stuff - be careful.

Peanut Farm Sports Bar
      Also nearby. Watched the F4 and some of the NHL playoffs there. They usually had UFC on afterward. Food was a little overpriced and not that great, though.

I like to swing by Arctic Roadrunner when I get a chance as well - have a salmon burger and look at all the people on the walls.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I voted for New England because at the moment I voted I was still stuck in NC. Now that I am back, I am reminded every day why I love it here. (well, until the temps drop below 10 degrees, then not so much)

If I couldn't live in New England, I'd want to live in Europe, perhaps Italy or on a tropical island somewhere. (An ocean view on Grand Cayman would probably be perfect. ) The one thing I do know about anywhere I may move to (if I ever move again) is that it has to be within an hour's drive of the ocean. Period.
        Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
        I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
        That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

I'd live in London in a heartbeat.

In the US - I'd like to see Portland, OR and Seattle before I'd commit to moving there, but it wouldn't be out of the question. Very seriously considered moving to Denver or Minneapolis for awhile.

I wouldn't live in the South or anywhere hot and/or humid.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
            I'd live in London in a heartbeat.

In the US - I'd like to see Portland, OR and Seattle before I'd commit to moving there, but it wouldn't be out of the question. Very seriously considered moving to Denver or Minneapolis for awhile.

I wouldn't live in the South or anywhere hot and/or humid.
            But you'd consider Mpls? Have you ever seen our weather in summer?

There's been a few days already where the dewpoint has almost matched the temp, and this week there's been a few days with 60+ dewpoint/high 80's temp. Stifling.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              But you'd consider Mpls? Have you ever seen our weather in summer?

There's been a few days already where the dewpoint has almost matched the temp, and this week there's been a few days with 60+ dewpoint/high 80's temp. Stifling.
              Yes, but your winters would make up for it (unlike the South) -- as does the plethora of hockey options.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                Yes, but your winters would make up for it (unlike the South) -- as does the plethora of hockey options.
                Ok, just so you understand.

It'd be awesome if you and tCBG lived here.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Ok, just so you understand.

It'd be awesome if you and tCBG lived here.
                  For you maybe.

That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by legal_hit View Post
                    For you maybe.
                    We'd welcome you and the mister, too.

Comment

We'd welcome you and the mister, too.
                      Thanks, but last I knew the twin cities were not within an hour's drive of the ocean. Though if the two of them do move out there, you know I'll be out to visit.

Comment

Thanks, but last I knew the twin cities were not within an hour's drive of the ocean. Though if the two of them do move out there, you know I'll be out to visit.
                        So then you'd actually have the best of BOTH worlds.

Ewe, tCBG: get to MN!

Comment

The only thing good about the ocean is sharks. Otherwise its just a larger mass of dirty water.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            The only thing good about the ocean is sharks. Otherwise its just a larger mass of dirty water.
                            I owe you a beer.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              Wrong. There is also lobsters, clams, cod, shrimp, scallops, haddock, and stripers. All of which go really well with beer.

Comment

Wrong. There is also lobsters, clams, cod, shrimp, scallops, haddock, and stripers. All of which go really well with beer.
                                At first I read "strippers" and was very jealous of your husband.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X