Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason II: We Won as Much Hardware as Ovechkin!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason II: We Won as Much Hardware as Ovechkin!!

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    Or maybe I should keep quoting myself.
    Is this too obnoxious? (If so, is bwk taking notes?)
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

crazy history major...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
        it
        is the sweet sweet sound of a vuvzela
        Last edited by Fan Forum Moderator; 07-06-2010, 09:58 AM. Reason: Remove embedded audio

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          crazy history major...
          That's historian to you.

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
          is the sweet sweet sound of a vuvzela
          Apparently he is. Hey, look, an NMUer CAN read! (Even if he has the maturity of a six year old.)

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

Stab
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

That's historian to you.

Apparently he is. Hey, look, an NMUer CAN read! (Even if he has the maturity of a six year old.)
              A historian of what? Tech's bad hockey team's long past?

I kid, I kid...your school has a history rife with hockey pride and what not
              Last edited by Fan Forum Moderator; 07-06-2010, 09:57 AM.

Comment

This thread is missing something...

*****http://www.nmubaseball.net/uscho/vuvutop2.png******

There we go.

Seriously though, that icon should ALWAYS accompany the vuvuzela sound, just so we know to mute the speakers.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

That's historian to you.

This could be the Techie involved, though. Remember this?

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                  Before I leave these boards forever I would like to give some explanation about the Boot_Walt_Kyle character. BWK isn't real. There is no such person. The people controlling the screen name don't believe anything they say except that we like making people mad.

The BWK persona was cooked up on a particularly drunken night after a game where NMU got destroyed. At this particular game, one of the Puckheads yelled at us to sit down when we were being obnoxious and we took offense to it and an argument about who was a true fan broke out. We all knew about USCHO and used it to link to the live gametracker they had at the time. The idea behind the screen name was that we would liven things up a bit and rile the puckheads. It worked well - too well. Soon the number of people with the log-in grew from 3 to 5 and finally 6 people. We all took turns posting and would get together on weekends and laugh at the responses. For the record, this board can provide a lot of entertainment from both sides.

A little bit about who the people behind BWK were. Five of the six were NMU students. The sixth was a Tech student originally from Marquette who thought it was hilarious - so we let him in. We have varying majors across the board - none of which is PR. We are very sorry to drag the name of a fine PR program through the mud as we did, but it was a major none of us had.

None of us actually dislike Walt. Sure, we may want him to win more games, but in our experiences he is a good guy. Same goes for Junior. Our apologies go out to both of them for having made them butt of our ruse the past 2 years.

After the recent banning and a look at how immature our act had truly become (we weren't even posting about hockey anymore), we decided that it's time to hang up our skates and call it a career. We have attained the ripe old ages of 24 and 25, which is a ripe old age for internet trolling. We're too old for this and its time to move on.

It's been a good two years, and if any of you see me at an NMU game and can correctly call us out as being BWK, I will personally buy you a drink or two. There's no hard feelings on my part and I hope all will be forgiven in time. May peace be with you and may everyone have a pleasant tomorrow. The BWK name is now gone forever and will never again be used on these boards.

Oh and also...Go Cats!

Oh and another p.s. - Dave, I'll admit it, the reason none of us would take up your offer to debate you was because we're not really that bright on hockey. One of us played as a little kid, but no one has hockey experience past 4th grade. You're a good hockey announcer and I enjoy tuning into away games. You are also by far my least favorite poster on here as far as trolling goes: you use way to many facts, you back up your statements, and you never get emotional. You are one cool customer and in two years on this board, I felt like you were the only person who was never once rattled by our ruse. At times I even felt like you saw right through it. Kudos to you and I look forward to listening to you broadcast the UNO series.
                  And, yes, I realize I just made fun of NMU there, too. Whatever. When your school/fanbase produces something that makes hokydad and the like look charming and pleasant to have around, you get discouraged.
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

John Scott signs a Two-year deal with the Blackhawks.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                      And just when I thought he was safe in MN, with Boogaard's departure

Best of luck to him out there though!

Comment

This is goin to be an expensive fall on who much i plan on spending on jerseys now that i have a job
                        Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                        Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Our RFA remaining are Conner, Kinrade, and Teslak.

Our UFA remaining is Sutton.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

the Minnesota Wild are dead to me.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Who is responsible for the vuvuzuela curse upon this thread? They should be keelhauled, burnt at the stake, and hammerpunched.

F...!!! He would sign with a team I have to hate.

Comment

thank god it wasn't the Avs. I couldn't have handled that! (sorry Toot!)
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X