• Go West Young Men, Go west

This is where all teams will hope to be in about 362 days:

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSel...23&SPSID=43041

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Re: Go West Young Men, Go west

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    This is where all teams will hope to be in about 362 days:

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSel...23&SPSID=43041
    I spent this past weekend there. Could use some more concession stands, but other than that it's really a great rink.

It may not have the history or natural feel of Herb Brooks Arena and Lake Placid, but any fans coming from out east won't be dissapointed.

It's kind of neat driving by the gopher's football stadium and Marriucci arena next door to Ridder as well.
    MIAC Columnist

Comment

Scott

You live in the area. With the WCHA Finals in town, are hotel rooms in St. Paul at a premium??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Arena Facts

Home of the 2010 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

First and only women's collegiate hockey program to play in a facility dedicated solely to women's ice hockey
        Seating capacity of 3,400, including a club room with 210 seats and nine suites with seating for 14 apiece
        Houses 11 locker rooms, a training room and full weightroom

I wonder if the 4 locker rooms which will be used for the Mens DIII Final Four will be have Urinals or Bidets :D

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Scott

You live in the area. With the WCHA Finals in town, are hotel rooms in St. Paul at a premium??
          Since I'm from the area, I haven't looked at hotels at all unfortunately.

I'll see what they're running next weekend when the NCAA regional is in town, but with all the rooms available in minneapolis, st paul, and the surrounding suburbs, I'd be shocked if things were really that loopy.
          MIAC Columnist

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Scott

The Twin Cities is a BIG metropolitan area. It has a LOT of hotel rooms.

Mine will be free -- my brother's house.

The real issue is whether it gets any press and local fan attention competing against the WCHA Finals.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I hotwired rooms last weekend in anticipation for next year and there were some really decent deals...how close to the rink I won't know but we are coming out almost a week in advance anyways...
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                I hotwired rooms last weekend in anticipation for next year and there were some really decent deals...how close to the rink I won't know but we are coming out almost a week in advance anyways...
                If you can stay for a month, you can get both Frozens Four.

Which gives me an idea -- could Wentworth put in a bid to host @ Matthews when the bids open up again?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                X