No announcement yet.

2010 NCAA Tournament: The Worst Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 NCAA Tournament: The Worst Ever?

Every team that makes the tourny deserves to be in it. Just because Minnesota, Michigan, and the other big schools arent in does not diminish what every one of these 16 teams have earned.

UAH is in because they earned it. They won the games they were supposed to, its not their fault Beminji cant close out their season by winning two games.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by 25 N Countin' View Post
      If BU doesn't win Hockey East, we don't deserve to be in the tourney. There's no reason just because we're BU we have any kind of claim on a spot with the way we played for the vast majority of the season.
      Don't worry, everyone knows that. But I am sure with $2.79 and being BU you could get a latte at Starbucks!

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        Things aren't looking too rosy for the NCAA Tournament this year.

1). Pairwise has been tweaked and re-tweaked so many times that perennial cupcakes Yale, Bemidji and Ferris State are locks to make the tournament.

5). NCAA Tournament Trav/Mockery St. Cloud State is flirting with a #1 seeding.
        You like to blame the PWR, but Ferris State is ranked 9th in your beloved KRACH, and the travashamockery that is St. Clown is ranked 5th - an even better shot at a #1 seed than using the hated PWR. According to KRACH, Minnesota is a tournament team. Minnesota?

I know that to all you WCHA types the ideal NCAA tournament would be a repeat of what happens in the F5 this week, but it's a national tournament, not a regional one.

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
          Don't worry, everyone knows that. But I am sure with $2.79 and being BU you could get a latte at Starbucks!
          Yeah right. Like you can get anything at Starsucks for $2.79.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            Yeah right. Like you can get anything at Starsucks for $2.79.
            A thimble of tap water.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

I know that to all you WCHA types the ideal NCAA tournament would be a repeat of what happens in the F5 this week, but it's a national tournament, not a regional one.
              All us WCHA types? Where do you come up with this stuff? I'm as pro-WCHA as you can get but your statement is way off base. I'd rather see the teams that earned it. Why would I want my Gophers there this year? So they can get embarassed again?

Thanks for making such a sweeping generalization though. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                A thimble of tap water.
                Nope that's $4.50.

Comment

I'm hoping for a Bemidji, Yale, Ferris St, Alabama-Huntsville frozen 4. I think that would draw the greatest possible attendence at Ford field, give a great boost to college hockey and make ESPN very happy.
                  If this happens, even I won't watch.
                  Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing that traditional powers aren't in. Watching the same 4 or 6 teams fighting in the frozen four doesn't make a very exciting tournament, variety is more interesting to watch, at least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                      Thanks for making such a sweeping generalization though. Well done.
                      No problem

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                        Call me crazy, but I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing that traditional powers aren't in. Watching the same 4 or 6 teams fighting in the frozen four doesn't make a very exciting tournament, variety is more interesting to watch, at least to me.
                        You're crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          That 'attendance' figure is going to be very interesting. I do not think (no matter who makes it).. they'll get 18K.
                          Maybe we need to have a contest. Closest guess to actual attendance wins an all expenses paid trip to the next Frozen four held in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            I know better than to take this as seriously....

Comment

I'm hoping for a Bemidji, Yale, Ferris St, Alabama-Huntsville frozen 4. I think that would draw the greatest possible attendence at Ford field, give a great boost to college hockey and make ESPN very happy.
                              so would a 7 OT college lacrosse game.

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              That 'attendance' figure is going to be very interesting. I do not think (no matter who makes it).. they'll get 18K.

Ford Field was a poor choice. If they could've gotten Joe Louis.. that's a different story
                              I hate that this is at Ford Field. I was at Camp Randall this year, that was an experience, but having a college game, let alone the F4 at a football stadium is absolutely a dumb idea.

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                              Bemidji is a cupcake? Did you watch last year's tournament?
                              They did beat Ohio State this year...but look what OHST did last year!

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                              ...BC/Denver/Miami/Michigan would be a nice Frozen Four. If Wisconsin or North Dakota made it in lieu of one of the first three teams mentioned, it would work, too.
                              How about NoDak/Denver/Miami/Michigan...however I wouldn't consider Miami a traditional power.
                              THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                              1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                              1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                              University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                              University of Oregon Ducks Football
                              San Francisco Giants
                              Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post

How about NoDak/Denver/Miami/Michigan...however I wouldn't consider Miami a traditional power.
                                ...... nope just a dynasty
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X