2nd Seth Helgeson MINN 2.Roughing 04:42
    2nd Matt Frattin UND 5.Contact To The Head04:42 PP
    2nd Seth Helgeson MINN 2.Roughing 12:37
    2nd Corban Knight UND 2.Holding 12:37
    2nd Alex Kangas MINN 2.Roughing 14:12 PP
    2nd Matt Frattin UND 2.Holding 18:05 PP

3rd Patrick White MINN 2.Hk 01:32 PP
    3rd Cade Fairchild MINN 2.Holding 10:00 PP

In a hard fought battle Minnesota had 8 penalties to North Dakota's 5.

If Gophers could learn to play good clean physical hockey maybe they wouldn't be sitting at home this time of year again.

Now the whiny Gopher fans seem to want some sort of game suspensions for some of the incidental contact that occurred. Especially the play where Matt Frattin checked Kevin Wehrs. If Wehrs was injured that was unfortunate but maybe he should learn not to lower his head into an oncomming check.

Also is interesting to note how gophers start making up stuff that never happened. In the second period Ben Blood, who had no penalties called against him, was tripped and pushed from behind resulting in a violent collision into Alex Kangas. Then after being tripped and pushed Kangas starts punching Ben Blood. Bay be Kangas should have been punching his teammates instead? Here is how the gophers recalled the incident.

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=204908463
    The Sioux had a power play later in the period when Minnesota goalie Alex Kangas retaliated after being charged by a North Dakota player. The Sioux didn't score on the man advantage, but took the lead six seconds after it expired when Gregoire tipped in a shot by Kristo from the point.
    What charging? There was no charging called? Didn't happen.
    "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Re: Dirty Cheating Whiny Gophers

Seek help. Soon.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Seek help. Soon.
      You shouldn't have replied. The idiot merely wants attention.

Crap! I replied.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Horrible thread.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          Horrible thread.
          Pretty typical of the poster who started the thread.

Comment

This thread isn't going to be entertaining at all, is it?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...attin%20check/

Frattin certainly was up for the Gopher series. Overall he had a great weekend.

“I decided to try to get the boys going — big hit, a costly five minutes,” Frattin said of his hit on Wehrs. “But it was great PK for our team. That was a huge momentum swing for us and we didn’t look back after that.”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010...#ixzz0iGqyjJqP
              Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 03-15-2010, 01:24 PM.
              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                This thread isn't going to be entertaining at all, is it?
                lolBTHC.

/queue the train of stupid memes, the Techies will be around later to finish it off with a rousing rendition of "Don't Stop Believing".

Comment

*****http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4435438099_da63d4616f_o.jpg******

Please tell me why that was not a penalty
                  Contact to the head
                  Leads with the elbows
                  both skates left the ice
                  dash 8
                  what does North Dakota's gov't have that Minnesota won't have? A budget Surplus

Comment

Originally posted by flyund View Post

Contact to the head
                    Leads with the elbows
                    both skates left the ice
                    Because what you didn't see shortly before this picture was that Helgeson was just standing along the boards with his head down because he thought one of his laces had come undone and Zajac, seeing an opportunity, came in and kneed Helgeson in the groin and totally lifted him off the ground. We can only all thank god that Helgeson was wearing a goalie cup due to a previous kneeing incident or the damage done would have been permanent inability to procreate.

Comment

Contact to the head
                      Leads with the elbows
                      both skates left the ice
                      Should have been. Ask the refs why it wasn't. Thank goodness the UND player did not get hurt.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Does anybody know if there are still tickets for the Twins opener?
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Was Pio the ref?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Was Pio the ref?
                            There's an oldie but a goodie.

Comment

My god, anyone who bases their argument on stats provided by WCHA refs is insane, and should be banned from his site just for being too dumb to talk hockey. typical sue fan, though.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                              X