Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

Nothing funny about it. Let's just take care of business and get to St. Paul.

Re: WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

Agreed. Hopefully the seniors and guys going pro enjoy their last go around at the KC.
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

It'll probably be a scrappy series, important the guys don't do anything stupid.
    As much as I'd like to see Patty Johnson go, I sincerely doubt Eaves does any lineup juggling now. Guess we're stuck with him.

Quote Originally Posted by WeWantMore View Post
    It'll probably be a scrappy series, important the guys don't do anything stupid.
    As much as I'd like to see Patty Johnson go, I sincerely doubt Eaves does any lineup juggling now. Guess we're stuck with him.
    Yeah...I think it's clear that there isn't going to be a change made. I just don't understand why. Turnbull plays one game because of injuries after not playing for 3 1/2 months and scores a goal. Pat Johnson has 1 point in his past 16 games. You could literally do nothing on the ice for 16 games and luck into more than 1 point.

I have no idea what to expect from my team. But then again, I was shocked to see how poorly the Badgers played tonight against the Gophers. UAA may be getting them at the right time.

Too bad UAA lost the tie breaker with Mankato, I really thought they matched up better against St. Cloud, but it is what it is.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I have no idea what to expect from my team. But then again, I was shocked to see how poorly the Badgers played tonight against the Gophers. UAA may be getting them at the right time.

Too bad UAA lost the tie breaker with Mankato, I really thought they matched up better against St. Cloud, but it is what it is.
    Either that or you are catching a really ****ed off group of Badgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Either that or you are catching a really ****ed off group of Badgers.
    LOL, yup I thought of that too. When I was watching the game tonight, I thought it was a two edged sword. If the Badgers won, it would only make them more confident. If they lost, they were gonna be out for blood in their next game. Guess we will have to see. A game like that can't do much for the confidence of a goalie though.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

LOL, yup I thought of that too. When I was watching the game tonight, I thought it was a two edged sword. If the Badgers won, it would only make them more confident. If they lost, they were gonna be out for blood in their next game. Guess we will have to see. A game like that can't do much for the confidence of a goalie though.
    Good thing we played our backup then.

Good thing we played our backup then.
    So then Gudmandson isn't injured? Do the Badgers only have two goalies on their roster right now?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

So then Gudmandson isn't injured? Do the Badgers only have two goalies on their roster right now?
    Gudmandson is fine. We played Bennett (our #2) on Sunday because the game meant nothing in the standings and it didn't make sense risking injury to our starting goalie.

We have three rostered goalies. Gudmandson, Bennett, and our freshman "walk on" Mitch Thompson.

Gudmandson is fine. We played Bennett (our #2) on Sunday because the game meant nothing in the standings and it didn't make sense risking injury to our starting goalie.

We have three rostered goalies. Gudmandson, Bennett, and our freshman "walk on" Mitch Thompson.
    That'll teach me to believe what I read on the USCHO links. Thompson is not listed.

https://www.uscho.com/stats/team-over.../gender,m.html

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

That'll teach me to believe what I read on the USCHO links. Thompson is not listed.

https://www.uscho.com/stats/team-over.../gender,m.html
    It's because USCHO stats only list players that have accrued statistics this season. Thompson hasn't played, therefor he's not listed on the stats page. He's listed on our roster page though.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by WeWantMore View Post
    Hey, he had scored a really nice garbage goal yesterday - he's on fire.

UW just better shut up and play hard this weekend.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hey, he had scored a really nice garbage goal yesterday - he's on fire.

UW just better shut up and play hard this weekend.
    Not going to lie I laughed a little out loud on that one.

Not going to lie I laughed a little out loud on that one.
    Both games are on TV, by the way, in Wisconsin. Friday is live and Saturday is on a delay. I am going to be there Friday. I'm not even going to think about a Sunday game.

Yeah...I think it's clear that there isn't going to be a change made. I just don't understand why. Turnbull plays one game because of injuries after not playing for 3 1/2 months and scores a goal. Pat Johnson has 1 point in his past 16 games. You could literally do nothing on the ice for 16 games and luck into more than 1 point.
    yeah i don't understand it either. 1 point in 16 games, i think grotting has more then that...
    The Quest For 7

Quote Originally Posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    yeah i don't understand it either. 1 point in 16 games, i think grotting has more then that...
    Has Andy Baggot drilled Eaves on this yet? He should be in the next press conference if he hasn't already.

I highly doubt UW hasn't lost 2 games in a row all season or lost 2 of 3 all season and is 13-3-3 at home. But goodluck...
    The Quest For 7

Quote Originally Posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    Both games are on TV, by the way, in Wisconsin. Friday is live and Saturday is on a delay. I am going to be there Friday. I'm not even going to think about a Sunday game.
    I hope we get them up here. Fox Sports (FCSC) simply says "teams to be announced".

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    I highly doubt UW hasn't lost 2 games in a row all season or lost 2 of 3 all season and is 13-3-3 at home. But goodluck...
    Well, I can hope. UAA has done it in Madison before. And despite their record, this is one of the best UAA teams I have seen in a long time.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Thread Information