Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA ROUND ONE: CC vs. UMD @ the DECC

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    Did Momco drop you on your head when you were a baby? Repeatedly? Please tell me you weren't really fooled by LackofSuCCess. Please. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.
    All I am going to do is hold the children like I do every baby.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by UMDfan4 View Post
      I'm guessing Kenny will get the start he has been the most consistent even tho they both had their days of bad play. Either way I think the Bulldogs need to go back to what they were doing early. Ever since we got to Number 4 in the rankings and 1st in the WCHA its been down hill I don't know what happened.
      I thought I read somewhere that Kenny had a finger injury, not sure how serious. But I believe that was the main reason Hjelle got both starts.

I also agree no O'Brien can't hurt things for us

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        Doesn't really matter who plays for UMD if Howe can't go for CC. O'Sievan or Sievebrowski getting on the ice would pretty much end the game.
        Howe has been injured?
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Howe has been injured?
          CC's radio guy said Howe had an upper body injury that occurred in the first period of Saturday's game. The CC posters may have more info now.
          DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
          sigpic
          WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Howe has been injured?
            Not sure physically (a CC fan would have to answer that), but I'm pretty sure that his confidence was injured last Saturday.

He did get his bell rung, however, by one of his own defenseman in that Saturday game. He did continue, but was replaced for the 2nd period.

I don't really know if getting clobbered by his teammate or giving up those 3 first period goals were the cause for him not continuing.

Comment

[QUOTE=burbstyle;4681361]I thought I read somewhere that Kenny had a finger injury, not sure how serious. But I believe that was the main reason Hjelle got both starts.

Yea he did he broke it after using his old glove when his new one was getting fixed but he played saturday and got the win so I'm sure he is fine and ready to go.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Wm2yK3MiM

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Not sure physically (a CC fan would have to answer that), but I'm pretty sure that his confidence was injured last Saturday.

He did get his bell rung, however, by one of his own defenseman in that Saturday game. He did continue, but was replaced for the 2nd period.

I don't really know if getting clobbered by his teammate or giving up those 3 first period goals were the cause for him not continuing.
                Pretty sure it was Colborne that rung his bell, that's why he got a penalty

All that has been said so far is upper body injury and his status for the weekend is unsure. I'm worried it's a concussion, which would probably rule him out. His confidence is probably fine after the job he did on Friday, the defense hung him out on Sat. He never returned to the bench after the 1st perion, so pretty sure it was injury that kept him out not performance.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  Pretty sure it was Colborne that rung his bell, that's why he got a penalty

All that has been said so far is upper body injury and his status for the weekend is unsure. I'm worried it's a concussion, which would probably rule him out. His confidence is probably fine after the job he did on Friday, the defense hung him out on Sat. He never returned to the bench after the 1st perion, so pretty sure it was injury that kept him out not performance.
                  No. On replay, Colborne crashed the net and caught a bit of Howe and appeared to knock him down (hence the penalty) but then, as Howe was on the ice, some CC player came sliding in and his knee knocked Howe in the head. It was definitely the CC player that injured Howe, with Colborne putting Howe into the position to get injured.

I don't know, though, I see the Saturday shellacking as being a greater blow to his confidence than the Friday performance being a booster.

But, then again, I think CC sucks -- while I'm sure you do not. It's all perspective.

Comment

No. On replay, Colborne crashed the net and caught a bit of Howe and appeared to knock him down (hence the penalty) but then, as Howe was on the ice, some CC player came sliding in and his knee knocked Howe in the head. It was definitely the CC player that injured Howe, with Colborne putting Howe into the position to get injured.

I don't know, though, I see the Saturday shellacking as being a greater blow to his confidence than the Friday performance being a booster.

But, then again, I think CC sucks -- while I'm sure you do not. It's all perspective.
                    I hadn't seen a replay, I'll still blame Colborne

Hard to argue with CC sucking, at least since Christmas.

Comment

Chris, it was Bill Sweatt's knee that hit Joe Howe.
                      World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                        Chris, it was Bill Sweatt's knee that hit Joe Howe.
                        Thanks, Tig.

I was a little buzzed that night and couldn't quite remember who it was. During the initial play, it really did appear that Colborne completely wiped out Howe. It wasn't until the replay that I saw the CC guy come in and it was that player who ended up really hitting Howe. Freakish play....but at least he didn't end up with a "Cheverie-type" injury.

It will be interesting to see which CC team shows up for this series. Last Friday, your Tigers looked pretty darn good; Saturday not so much....

Comment

Cmon Howe don't be able to play! I know you need take time off!

Although in January our student section got the best of him. Wish I could have been there to take part. Luckily this weekend I will.
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Thanks, Tig.

I was a little buzzed that night and couldn't quite remember who it was. During the initial play, it really did appear that Colborne completely wiped out Howe. It wasn't until the replay that I saw the CC guy come in and it was that player who ended up really hitting Howe. Freakish play....but at least he didn't end up with a "Cheverie-type" injury.

It will be interesting to see which CC team shows up for this series. Last Friday, your Tigers looked pretty darn good; Saturday not so much....
                            Maybe they'll forget to pack the concrete skates....

Comment

Who would get the likely start for Howe if he can't play? Would O'Brien get it since he's a junior? Neither backup seems to have great stats...

I'd rather Bill Sweatt got injured on that play instead of Howe. I remember the first time I saw him play the Bulldogs I thought he was the fastest college player I'd ever seen. He either skates around the D or they get scared of his speed and give him too much cushion so he can stop and set someone else up.
                              University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                              2007 Alumni
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                              NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                              Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                              National Champions: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
                                Who would get the likely start for Howe if he can't play? Would O'Brien get it since he's a junior? Neither backup seems to have great stats...

I'd rather Bill Sweatt got injured on that play instead of Howe. I remember the first time I saw him play the Bulldogs I thought he was the fasted college player I'd ever seen. He either skates around the D or they get scared of his speed and give him too much cushion so he can stop and set someone else up.
                                Probably O'Brien. He has a little more experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X