Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University vs Northeastern 3/5 and 6

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
    Our spring break is ending, so it remains to be seen if a lot of students come back early. Luckily for us, there are a lot of co-op students still on campus.
    I'm expecting the worst for the student crowd size on saturday...I think most of the student body will be staggering back Sunday afternoon and evening. The casual NU sports can could care less about shortening their break to catch this matchup, which is unfortunate because it should be an awesome two games.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnuloyal View Post
      I'm expecting the worst for the student crowd size on saturday...I think most of the student body will be staggering back Sunday afternoon and evening. The casual NU sports can could care less about shortening their break to catch this matchup, which is unfortunate because it should be an awesome two games.
      yeah our students won't be totally nonexistent since the dorms are open friday night, but few to none of ours will be at matthews saturday since they close saturday morning. i saw a few just now at agganis picking up tickets for the home game friday so there might be a section or two full. i saw the picture of the crowd before the nu-unh game at matthews on friday of last week, so would the crowd might be similar/less than that? those balcony seats in the endzone were totally vacant in quite a few spots, and it wasnt like it was a merrimack game.
      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        Let's be honest. At least in the context of saying they have to win it all, it's better than a geeky fanboy running scenarios all day and posting about how great it is that BU has a 1/2,231,095 chance of making the NCAAs as an at large team. I'm sure we'll get a post or two like that anyway, right up until the end.
        i thought i put a stake in this two weeks ago when i showed the best they could get to was 13th.... and that had to go assuming nobody else ahead of them or around them plays any games. (and this was before the 1-3-0 run)
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post
          NU and BU can't play each other in the first round the way the points will fall in place...
          Aw... I was kind of hoping to go to a BU/NU game 3 quarterfinal
          Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          That's good. I was worried they'd have to shut down Quizno's over break.
          Zing
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I'd be fine if Jack and Cro agreed on a split this weekend beforehand. Just saying.

Although I'll go on the record for liking our chances to get more than 2 points. We've played well save one night at bc, we deserved 4 points last weekend (look we outplayed unh both nights, saw both games, we deserved 4). I'll be rooting for the huskies first and then the black bears, bu fans should be rooting for the black bears as well.
            Arenas Attended
            Matthews Arena
            Agganis Arena
            Tsongas Arena
            Lawler Arena
            Schneider Arena
            Mullins Center
            TD Banknorth Garden
            Conte Forum
            Whittemore Center
            Gutterson Fieldhouse
            Alfond Arena
            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
              bu fans should be rooting for the black bears as well.
              not necessarily since a BU sweep and maine getting swept would put us in a position to possibly reach 3rd.

Comment

I'd be fine if Jack and Cro agreed on a split this weekend beforehand. Just saying.

Although I'll go on the record for liking our chances to get more than 2 points. We've played well save one night at bc, we deserved 4 points last weekend (look we outplayed unh both nights, saw both games, we deserved 4). I'll be rooting for the huskies first and then the black bears, bu fans should be rooting for the black bears as well.
                Fans of both teams should be rooting for Maine and Providence.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

As much as these games mean to both teams, I would venture to guess that they will not nearly match the intensity of the last three times last year these two met. The Beanpot final and the home and home last March were terrific games.
                  You could easily argue that NU was the 2d best team in the country last year.
                  But that was then.....carry on.
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                    at risk of starting a flame war, I'll respond to this. there is no proof of this whatsoever, NU won 0 big games last year, lost both in season tournaments they played in, went 2-3 in postseason play, and were 0-2-2 against us. certainly a top 10 team, but not the second best. prior to their flame out vs. bemidji, ND was #2.

Comment

You could argue a lot of things, like that PC was a top team last year. Only one team had more wins against the National Champion than them, and that other team played the NC more than PC

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        not necessarily since a BU sweep and maine getting swept would put us in a position to possibly reach 3rd.
                        let's come back to earth....

it is much more likely that we need umass to continue sucking so that our continued sucking doesn't suck us out of the playoffs (assuming you want to put up with two more games that will probably equal a sweep out of the season at the hands of bc or uhn)
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

But that was then.....carry on.
                          Thnks.. but last season, this season and seasons forever..that honor would go to
                          That Small College in Hockey East And don't quack more or they'll take your spot (up or down), as well
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I think I can speak for all Lowell fans when I say, a split would be juuuuuuust perfect.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Don't look now, but this thread is on fire...
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                Don't look now, but this thread is on fire...
                                Flame
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X