Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: Coaching Salaries

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,031

    Coaching Salaries

    Who can tell me what D-1 head coaches make each year around the country? I'm really interested how broad the spectrum is.

  2. #2
    Rodent of Unusual Size Patman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    22,972

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    UConn 80K... I know this because I looked it up.

    I believe Lowell is about 170K and UMass is about 190K... both are public record and searchable.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

    Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey


    NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

  3. #3
    Where my dogsies at?
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,407

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Toot Cahoon from Umass makes $220,875.00

    Blaise MacDonald from UML makes $170,000.00

    disgrace that the better coach and recruiter makes 50K less a year.


    source: Boston Herald

  4. #4
    Union Hockey fan for life
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    I've been really curious about this too and would like to see the broad range of salaries.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

  5. #5
    Love & Honor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,151

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    I just looked real quick and found that Rico made $140,000 in 2008 at Miami. Don't know if it has changed since then.
    Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-23-2010 at 10:14 PM.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    For the WCHA from https://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...st-paid-coach/

    Alaska Anchorage Dave Shyiak, $110,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
    Colorado College Scott Owens, financial terms unavailable, contract through 2012-13
    Denver George Gwozdecky, base and length unavailable
    Minnesota Don Lucia, $222,789 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
    Minnesota Duluth Scott Sandelin, $150,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
    Minnesota State- Mankato Troy Jutting, $138,000 in 2008-09, expected to sign contract extension
    Michigan Tech Jamie Russell, $116,759 in 2008-09, contract through 2011-12
    North Dakota Dave Hakstol, $210,000 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
    St. Cloud State Bob Motzko, $167,000 in 2008-09, contract through 2014-15
    Wisconsin Mike Eaves, $229,511 in 2008-09, contract through 2013-14

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,031

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    I know that John Markell at Ohio State was at $227,500 in 2008. Keep em coming guys, tapping the knowledge out there saves a lot of online research.

  8. #8
    Puck Swami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    14,433

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    For the WCHA from https://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...st-paid-coach/

    Alaska Anchorage Dave Shyiak, $110,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
    Colorado College Scott Owens, financial terms unavailable, contract through 2012-13
    Denver George Gwozdecky, base and length unavailable
    Minnesota Don Lucia, $222,789 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
    Minnesota Duluth Scott Sandelin, $150,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
    Minnesota State- Mankato Troy Jutting, $138,000 in 2008-09, expected to sign contract extension
    Michigan Tech Jamie Russell, $116,759 in 2008-09, contract through 2011-12
    North Dakota Dave Hakstol, $210,000 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
    St. Cloud State Bob Motzko, $167,000 in 2008-09, contract through 2014-15
    Wisconsin Mike Eaves, $229,511 in 2008-09, contract through 2013-14
    These guys all make a lot more when you throw in camp income and other ancillary money. Gwozdecky's base is between $200 and $250, and total income is well at least $300K when you figure in the other stuff.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,031

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Quote Originally Posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    I just looked real quick and found that Rico made $140,000 in 2008 at Miami. Don't know if it has changed since then.
    I hope he has a lot of bonus clauses as with what he's accomplished there the man is grossly underpaid in his base earnings, at least compared to others making a whole lot more while producing less.

  10. #10
    There was nothin' like the BULLPEN.
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,368

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Last edited by UNOMav; 02-23-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    This SHARPIE is for you!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Detroit, MI USA
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Michigan:
    Red Berenson $200,000
    Mel Pearson $100,000
    Billy Powers $86,000

  12. #12
    Union Hockey fan for life
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Anyone know the ECAC coaches?
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

  13. #13
    Love & Honor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,151

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I hope he has a lot of bonus clauses as with what he's accomplished there the man is grossly underpaid in his base earnings, at least compared to others making a whole lot more while producing less.
    Hence why any "major coaching" openings make Miami fans somewhat nervous. I don't know what the price is to pull a coach away from his alma matter but there are some schools with coaching issues out there that might take a stab at guessing it. At the same time you would hope that after last season that number has gone up somewhat. I don't think he is going anywhere tho.

  14. #14
    There was nothin' like the BULLPEN.
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,368

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Quote Originally Posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Hence why any "major coaching" openings make Miami fans somewhat nervous. I don't know what the price is to pull a coach away from his alma matter but there are some schools with coaching issues out there that might take a stab at guessing it. At the same time you would hope that after last season that number has gone up somewhat. I don't think he is going anywhere tho.

    I would be shocked if Enrico ever left Miami, especially if the program continues as a contender for the NC. Miami has everything a coach needs except maybe a upper echelon salary...which I would bet Miami would sweeten his deal if necessary to keep him.
    This SHARPIE is for you!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Quote Originally Posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
    Anyone know the ECAC coaches?
    Not many people will know unless the schools released it in a press release or they are on the inside as all 12 ECAC schools are private institutions.

    State schools have to give that information out, hence what you will see in that WCHA post. 8 of the 10 schools had salaries given. MTU was the only private school in that league to post information. DU and CC did not give their info.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,031

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    I know salaries have risen over the years but does anyone have a guess what Mason was making ay Michigan State prior moving up to AD?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,031

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan85 View Post
    Not many people will know unless the schools released it in a press release or they are on the inside as all 12 ECAC schools are private institutions.

    State schools have to give that information out, hence what you will see in that WCHA post. 8 of the 10 schools had salaries given. MTU was the only private school in that league to post information. DU and CC did not give their info.
    Now correct me if I'm wrong that any and every school that accepts federal money is subject to freedom of information statutes so submitting the proper paperwork can get one that info.

  18. #18
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,742

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan85 View Post
    State schools have to give that information out, hence what you will see in that WCHA post. 8 of the 10 schools had salaries given. MTU was the only private school in that league to post information. DU and CC did not give their info.
    Michigan Tech is not a private university, hence why it is reported as required.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Michigan Tech is not a private university, hence why it is reported as required.
    My mistake. I always thought it was a private school because it had tech in the name. Just more to make my point that private schools don't have to publish, hence CC and DU being the only schools not shown in the WCHA for coaches salaries.

  20. #20
    I fix fat people
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Posts
    1,800

    Re: Coaching Salaries

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan85 View Post
    Not many people will know unless the schools released it in a press release or they are on the inside as all 12 ECAC schools are private institutions.

    State schools have to give that information out, hence what you will see in that WCHA post. 8 of the 10 schools had salaries given. MTU was the only private school in that league to post information. DU and CC did not give their info.
    Michigan Tech is not a private school, the students and alum just act like it is.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •