Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 131

Thread: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

  1. #1
    Let go Vikings go
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    11,206

    Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    wow. we need to sweep this. but this season going down the drain fast.
    Go Gophers Go.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,112

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers #1 View Post
    wow. we need to sweep this. but this season going down the drain fast.
    Even if we sweep, it won't matter. We pretty much have to go 9-1 over our last 10 to accomplish anything. Considering 6 of those games are against teams in the top 5 in the Nation (well, UMD will probably drop out of the top 5 this week), that seems like a down-right laughable proposition.

    Seeing as the games are at 10pm and away (meaning I'll have to go out to the pub to watch them), I actually thought (for about 5 minutes) that maybe I wouldn't watch these two. I'll end up watching them, but I won't be jumping around at the bar the way I usually do during Gopher games.

  3. #3
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,339

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers #1 View Post
    wow. we need to sweep this. but this season going down the drain fast.
    Best bet now is to make sure we're not a TUC at the end of the year. That way we screw over all the teams that beat us.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  4. #4
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,364

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Even if we sweep, it won't matter. We pretty much have to go 9-1 over our last 10 to accomplish anything. Considering 6 of those games are against teams in the top 5 in the Nation (well, UMD will probably drop out of the top 5 this week), that seems like a down-right laughable proposition.

    Seeing as the games are at 10pm and away (meaning I'll have to go out to the pub to watch them), I actually thought (for about 5 minutes) that maybe I wouldn't watch these two. I'll end up watching them, but I won't be jumping around at the bar the way I usually do during Gopher games.
    Not on tv.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  5. #5
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,884

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Not on tv.
    It's on GCI,and it's free:

    https://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_hockey

    I know the Gopher had some injuries early in the season, but I haven't kept up with that. Do they have everyone back and healthy?

    And the most important question, is Hill finally going to show his face at the Sully this year?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  6. #6
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,339

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    It's on GCI,and it's free:

    https://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_hockey

    I know the Gopher had some injuries early in the season, but I haven't kept up with that. Do they have everyone back and healthy?

    And the most important question, is Hill finally going to show his face at the Sully this year?
    No, not healthy.

    Barriaball is still out for the year.
    Lofquist left.
    Hoeffel out with Mono.
    And last but not least, Taylor Matson (best defensive forward) out for the year with an ankle suffered against UND.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  7. #7
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Wow, and I thought us Tech fans were the negative ones
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  8. #8
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,364

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    It's on GCI,and it's free:

    https://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_hockey

    I know the Gopher had some injuries early in the season, but I haven't kept up with that. Do they have everyone back and healthy?

    And the most important question, is Hill finally going to show his face at the Sully this year?
    Sweet! Thank you!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    907

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    This should be a good series. 2 evenly matched teams.
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

  10. #10
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,339

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    This should be a good series. 2 evenly matched teams.
    You should worry. UAA won't be a TUC and after they sweep this game, neither will Minnesota. All those wins you'll have against them at the end of the year won't help you get a #1 seed.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    907

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You should worry. UAA won't be a TUC and after they sweep this game, neither will Minnesota. All those wins you'll have against them at the end of the year won't help you get a #1 seed.
    We'll take a #2 seed in St. Paul. That'll work.
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

  12. #12
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,339

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    We'll take a #2 seed in St. Paul. That'll work.
    Without Minnesota as a TUC you're headed East. Enjoy the flight.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  13. #13
    Cake or Death? ajoyce02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Waconia, Minnesota
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    It's on GCI,and it's free:

    https://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_hockey

    I know the Gopher had some injuries early in the season, but I haven't kept up with that. Do they have everyone back and healthy?

    And the most important question, is Hill finally going to show his face at the Sully this year?
    Has it always been free? I seem to remember paying at least once for the feed.
    04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
    USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru


    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty
    I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
    I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

  14. #14
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,884

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by ajoyce02 View Post
    Has it always been free? I seem to remember paying at least once for the feed.
    It's been free for the past couple of years. I do think they charged for it at one time, but other teams have been enjoying the webcasts for quite some time, at no cost.

    They are generally pretty good quality, but there have been issues on occasion, so don't complain if it isn't great, again it's free. I have seen worse from DU, CC, and Tech feeds this season, and those I did have to pay for.

    You do need a broadband Internet connection with 512 kbps download speed or faster, and Real Player.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  15. #15
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,364

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    It's been free for the past couple of years. I do think they charged for it at one time, but other teams have been enjoying the webcasts for quite some time, at no cost.

    They are generally pretty good quality, but there have been issues on occasion, so don't complain if it isn't great, again it's free. I have seen worse from DU, CC, and Tech feeds this season, and those I did have to pay for.
    Frankly, it is worth a shot. If it doesn't work? Whoopee, back to square one. If it does? Whoopee! Bonus!

    Now I just have to hope some other college game(s) are on tv until MN-UAA time.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  16. #16
    Cake or Death? ajoyce02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Waconia, Minnesota
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    It's been free for the past couple of years. I do think they charged for it at one time, but other teams have been enjoying the webcasts for quite some time, at no cost.

    They are generally pretty good quality, but there have been issues on occasion, so don't complain if it isn't great, again it's free. I have seen worse from DU, CC, and Tech feeds this season, and those I did have to pay for.

    You do need a broadband Internet connection with 512 kbps download speed or faster, and Real Player.
    I've watched it a few times and the quality has been pretty good. I do recall one time when I bought the feed it ended up not working, but they got it all sorted out and refunded me.

    No complaints when it's free, that's about the right price to watch the Gophers these days.
    04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
    USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru


    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty
    I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
    I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

  17. #17
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,884

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Frankly, it is worth a shot. If it doesn't work? Whoopee, back to square one. If it does? Whoopee! Bonus!

    Now I just have to hope some other college game(s) are on tv until MN-UAA time.
    I have the DU/UND game listed on the FCSC network on Friday and Saturday, if you get it.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  18. #18
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,364

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I have the DU/UND game listed on the FCSC network on Friday and Saturday, if you get it.
    I have all the FS channels, and I know about the home contract with UND, so I should have that game. Hopefully it's a decent one.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #19
    Gopher Hockey Driftryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,708

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I have all the FS channels, and I know about the home contract with UND, so I should have that game. Hopefully it's a decent one.
    I have that as well. Maybe Gwoz will walk around the rink again this year and give us some entertainment.

    I watched part of a Sioux UAA game earlier this year on the free UAA link and it was pretty decent. I thought it was better than the B10 feed that broadcast the Gopher Michigan State game. So who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavalryNate View Post
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.

  20. #20
    Bob is making me nervous
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    5,689

    Re: Minnesota @ UAA 1/29-1/30 - IS the season over yet

    Go Seawolves! You can sweep this team. The coffin lid is closed, it just needs a few more nails in it. It's gotta suck to be a gopher fan.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •