The site selection process for the 2010 BFB/F4 will begin this weekend, when the tournament committee meets via telephone conference call. The committee will entertain all bids submitted to this board in a timely fashion, but reserves the right change their minds, and accept bids as late as they arrive.
Four suitably hideous sites will be chosen to host this year's regionals (March 26-28), and one particularly hideous venue will be blessed with the opportunity to host the "Futile Four" chumpionship weekend (April 2-4).
The only specific requirements to host are:
1. Ice. Altho we would prefer the quality of ice surface to be inferior, we may consider locations with decent ice, if other criteria are met.
2. Must be indoor, or at least under roof. Several have suggested outdoor locations, but we feel that 'outdoor hockey' events have become too 'chic', and are therefore inappropriate for an event of this calibre.
3. No site that is home to any existing NCAA D1 or D3 team is eligible, nor are the practice rinks of any current NCAA team.
4. While no 'carved in stone' standards exist, the committee has usually shown preference to sites that are inconvenient for travel, and are located in areas with little or nothing else to attract visitors.
5. Special consideration is normally afforded to venues that: are in poor repair, have limited (or no) seating, have inadequate locker room and team facilities, are either uncomfortably warm or cold...especially if the building has unpleasant smells.
6. Pictures of the venue or a link where pix can be found would be appreciated.
The site selection committee would like to let all bidders know that we are men of low moral character, and as such are perfectly willing to consider any form of bribery, kickback, bonus, premium or payola, provided that it come in the form of: cash or sexual favors.
Please do NOT use this thread to make a case why this team or that should or should not be included in the tournament field. There will be plenty of time to argue about that later.