Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst seasons of all time?

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    I think M.I.T. Women's hockey went winless/tieless and only scored single digits in goals for the entire year...

EDIT: 2 Winless years actually
    Shut it down:

http://www.uscho.com/schedules/team..../gender,w.html

They were out-shot 104-2 in their first ever game! And it didn't get much better from there - shots were 78-2 for their last of that season! They were outshot on the season 1165 to 105 and out-scored 226-2!
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
      Shut it down:

http://www.uscho.com/schedules/team..../gender,w.html

They were out-shot 104-2 in their first ever game! And it didn't get much better from there - shots were 78-2 for their last of that season! They were outshot on the season 1165 to 105 and out-scored 226-2!
      I believe they did shut it down. This is the team I was thinking of in my post. 17-125-3 before they finally decided enough was enough and called it quits. The article refers to 10 seasons and another 36 losses, but the history tab shows just 8 seasons. Hard to believe people this smart thought that needed to go on that long.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        Last year Brown went 3-21-5.
        That was only the regular season; 5-25-5 overall with the first-round sweep at Harvard (which has to be considered at least incrementally redeeming).

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Yup, I just looked it up in my yearbook. They ended the season with 6 points from 6 ties. No wonder we hate John Hill.
          How did UAA not beat Iona?!?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            How did UAA not beat Iona?!?
            John Hill.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I thought AIC would have qualified for this but they never had as bad seasons as some of these. Even their worst year they only gave up more than 6 goals once. They had only 4 wins but not as many losses as some quoted here.
              By the way the Mexican Junior team just lost a couple of games by 25-0 and 25-1. They finished with 4 goals for and 77 against, scored 1 PP goal but gave up 3 SHG while on the PP.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Oh yeah: in '05-'06 Tech went on a 231:20 goalless streak that spanned four games.

When we scored that slumpbusting goal against UND, the Mac went off like we just won the MacNaughton. We lost that game something like 8-1, but we didn't care.
                Wow, I actually remember some of the celebratory posts during/after that game.
                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                -Fred Shero

Comment

That UAA season is unreal. They almost had as many goals as MSU did last year, though!

Comment

Union's 1998-1999 season was particularly dreadful. 1-19-2 in the ECAC and 3-26-3 overall. Thankfully, those dark days seem to be far away in the rear view mirror at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                      That UAA season is unreal. They almost had as many goals as MSU did last year, though!
                      Try living through it. It was the start of UAA losing it's fan base to the Aces. Thanks a lot John Hill!!
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Not hockey, but N.J.I.T. in basketball didn't win a game for something like two years.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                          I believe they did shut it down. This is the team I was thinking of in my post. 17-125-3 before they finally decided enough was enough and called it quits. The article refers to 10 seasons and another 36 losses, but the history tab shows just 8 seasons. Hard to believe people this smart thought that needed to go on that long.
                          The guy I coach with this year was the last coach for MIT. He had the program turned around in one year. In his only season he tied the record for career wins, and had three recruits accepted (not an easy thing at a school like MIT). It's really too bad they killed the program when they did.

But yes, the MIT women are the worst college hockey program ever.
                          It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            RPI's 3-19 season in 65-66 was painful to watch.

Their three victories were against a club team (Penn) and two D-3 schools (Middlebury and Hamilton). RPI goalie, Dick Greenlaw, set a record for saves in a 9-0 loss to BU which I think still stands. (He was named one of the 3 Stars despite gving up nine goals.)
                            Ralph: You know I remember that year well-total futility. Lost to Clarkson 16-1 and Northeastern 14-0. I was in Boston for the BU game and Greenlaw was credited with 78 saves (I counted far more). Our leading scorer was a defenseman!
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                              My vote is for UAA's winless WCHA season. It's really hard to do worse than that.
                              We owe it all to John Hill !!!
                              GO SEAWOLVES!

Comment

'90-'91 Miami was 5-29-3 in Gwozdecky's second year (also current coaches' Rico Blasi's freshmen year and Chris Bergeron's sophomore year). Two years later ('92-'93) Gwoz and Miami won 27 games and the CCHA regular season title. Sometimes the darkest hour is just before dawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X