Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

  1. #1
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,333

    Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Tech has a bizarro Tuesday game against NMU, before squaring off against a UAA team that gave Denver all it could handle and got a little rambunctious at the end.

    Can Tech break their 12-game losing streak against a fired-up UAA squad?
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  2. #2
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,932

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Tech has a bizarro Tuesday game against NMU, before squaring off against a UAA team that gave Denver all it could handle and got a little rambunctious at the end.

    Can Tech break their 12-game losing streak against a fired-up UAA squad?
    5 games in 8 days? That's tough enough.

    UAA sweeps. If they played half as good against you as they did against DU it'll be a blowout. I mean, more of a blowout of a Tech team than normal.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  3. #3
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    34,965

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    I think there are two questions here:

    1. Does Tech care enough to at least try and turn this sh*t around?

    Answer: I suspect "No"

    2. Does UAA play down to the level of their opponent, or do they take the DU series as a sign that they can trap with the best of them and use it as motivation for a second half push?

    Answer: To be determined this weekend.

    So basically, if UAA takes a night off and Tech manages to stay out of the sin bin, I could see a point or just maybe a split. Otherwise, UAA sweeps.

  4. #4
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,333

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    It is my understanding that captain Jared Tuton and Chris Crowell will not be joining us for Friday's game.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  5. #5
    USCHO's Most Hated Poster SiouxTechie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    If I can get Friday off of work, I will be at this series.

    Missing out on the Sioux/Gopher series. I have mixed feelings about this.
    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
    https://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

    Fighting Sioux
    Michigan Tech Huskies

    *I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

    (See what I did there?)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

  6. #6
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,333

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    My alma mater vs. my soon-to-be hometown...I can't lose this series

    Ah, Xanatos Gambit, how I love thee.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  7. #7
    soldier of fortune
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    350 miles southwest of a dirty copper mine
    Posts
    15,746

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Tech has a bizarro Tuesday game against NMU, before squaring off against a UAA team that gave Denver all it could handle and got a little rambunctious at the end.

    Can Tech break their 12-game losing streak against a fired-up UAA squad?
    It'd be 13 games, btw, if we break it against UAA.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

    Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.


    Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.


    Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

  8. #8
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    20,011

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    It is my understanding that captain Jared Tuton and Chris Crowell will not be joining us for Friday's game.
    And it looks like Crowell is out for both games.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

  9. #9
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,910

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    My alma mater vs. my soon-to-be hometown...I can't lose this series
    Explain. Are you moving to Alaska?

    So UAA will be without Lunden (shoulder), Vidmar (knee), Tuton and Crowell. I think the guys will step up and play just fine without them. These games are an absolute must win for UAA, but Tech always plays the Seawolves tough in their barn.

    UAA has not won back to back games all season, this is a great time to start and pick up four very valuable points. Show us what you are made of Seawolves; show us the fire, heart and intensity we saw against Denver!! If you play that way, you WILL be rewarded with two wins.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  10. #10
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,333

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Explain. Are you moving to Alaska?
    Yes I am! Anchorage is where I will complete the second half of my "internship" and take my permanent position.

    Kinda talked myself into it over time, really. My first thought when I saw Anchorage had an opening was "Wow, I'd love to visit, but I don't know if I could live there full-time." Then I looked at the rest of the cities on the list, and nothing really tickled my fancy, so I did some more research and found that Anchorage might just be perfect for me. Needless to say, I'm quite excited.

    Thinking about getting a Masters at UAA as well. Their Project Management Masters program sounds pretty neat. I might take some of the Arctic Engineering courses too - those look like fun.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  11. #11
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,910

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Yes I am! Anchorage is where I will complete the second half of my "internship" and take my permanent position.

    Kinda talked myself into it over time, really. My first thought when I saw Anchorage had an opening was "Wow, I'd love to visit, but I don't know if I could live there full-time." Then I looked at the rest of the cities on the list, and nothing really tickled my fancy, so I did some more research and found that Anchorage might just be perfect for me. Needless to say, I'm quite excited.

    Thinking about getting a Masters at UAA as well. Their Project Management Masters program sounds pretty neat. I might take some of the Arctic Engineering courses too - those look like fun.
    So what is the time line? You know, all full time UAA students get into the games for free! And we need students to attend the games! Shoot me off an email.
    Last edited by Suze; 01-10-2010 at 10:50 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  12. #12
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,333

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    So what is the time line? You know, all full time UAA students get into the games for free! And we need students to attend the games! Shoot me off an email.
    Official start date up there is March 14.

    Know of any moderately cheap apartments up there? I'll be working at the VA (corner of DeBarr and Airport Heights.)
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  13. #13
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,910

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Official start date up there is March 14.

    Know of any moderately cheap apartments up there? I'll be working at the VA (corner of DeBarr and Airport Heights.)
    I have no idea what apartments go for, but I do know rent is typically cheaper in Eagle River/Chugiak, which is about a 15-20 minute drive to the VA where you will be working. You are coming at a perfect time too, it shouldn't be too cold, spring is right around the corner, and we don't have much darkness to deal with. Check Craigs List or the ADN classified for apartments.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  14. #14
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,932

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    ...we don't have much darkness to deal with.
    He's in MI.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  15. #15
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,333

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I have no idea what apartments go for, but I do know rent is typically cheaper in Eagle River/Chugiak, which is about a 15-20 minute drive to the VA where you will be working. You are coming at a perfect time too, it shouldn't be too cold, spring is right around the corner, and we don't have much darkness to deal with. Check Craigs List or the ADN classified for apartments.
    *checks apartments.com, brain hems and haws*

    After some thought, I think I'd rather live in Anchorage proper if possible. Closer to stuff to do, and I think the money I'd save on rent in Eagle River would go right back toward gas driving to Anchorage every day.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

  16. #16
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,910

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    He's in MI.
    So he should be used to the winter, Alaska will be a breeze. His tag says he is in Wyoming, so I didn't know which it was. Wyoming can be pretty bitter in the winters as well, all that wind.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  17. #17
    soldier of fortune
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    350 miles southwest of a dirty copper mine
    Posts
    15,746

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    So he should be used to the winter, Alaska will be a breeze. His tag says he is in Wyoming, so I didn't know which it was. Wyoming can be pretty bitter in the winters as well, all that wind.
    Psst: we aren't talking about Twitch...

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    ... and we don't have much darkness to deal with.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

    Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.


    Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.


    Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

  18. #18
    USCHO's Most Hated Poster SiouxTechie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    Psst: we aren't talking about Twitch...
    That took me a minute, but I laughed lol
    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
    https://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

    Fighting Sioux
    Michigan Tech Huskies

    *I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

    (See what I did there?)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

  19. #19
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    120,932

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    Psst: we aren't talking about Twitch...
    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    That took me a minute, but I laughed lol
    Yeah, Suze, you failed on that one.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  20. #20
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    18,333

    Re: Battle of the Single-Digit Pointers - UAA at Michigan Tech, January 15-16

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    So he should be used to the winter, Alaska will be a breeze. His tag says he is in Wyoming, so I didn't know which it was. Wyoming can be pretty bitter in the winters as well, all that wind.
    This.

    It was 25 degrees WARMER in Anchorage than in Cheyenne last week. Looks like those warming currents from the ocean keep temperatures pretty steady up there.

    Wyoming has two weather settings: "absolutely gorgeous" and "eff you." If Wyoming has taken her Midol, it's sunny and high 30s/low 40s, might even touch 50 if you ask nicely. However, the bad days are about as bad as Houghton, if not worse. Single-digit temps with 25 MPH winds, gusting to 40 or so.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •