Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Ferris State Hockey?

Thoughts on Ferris State Hockey?

I know, this should go in the thread "Ferris State Hockey 2009-2010 2 Minutes for Tripping" but if I did that, no outsiders of FSU Hockey would read it.

I want to know what everyones thoughts are on Ferris State this year?

From a post in that thread earlier:

Alright, #17 Ferris State Bulldogs 10-0 at home now, 13-3 (Counting shootout wins as a win)...What more does the Hockey World want from a team to consider them the real deal?

Swept #1 Miami @ Miami (Two Shootout Wins) (Who have swept #20 St. Cloud, Beat New Hampshere, Beat #11 Michigan State, Swept Michigan, and just beat #14 Notre Dame)

Swept Ohio State (who have beat #2 Denver, #5 Bemidji State & Michigan)

Swept #18 UNO (Who have beat #8 Mass-Lowell and Colgate)

Current Hot streak 6-0-1. Did not lose in November, and if Ferris State sweeps Western Michigan this weekend (Which they should) that will be both November and December undefeated, 11-0 at home, and 15-3 overall.

Also, Ferris State Hockey’s Blair Riley was named National Player of the Week last week by Inside College Hockey (INCH – ESPN https://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/category/potw/) and the Detroit Free Press claimed it as well: https://www.freep.com/article/2009112...er-of-the-week. And he is CCHA Player of the Month.

USCHO hasn't even made mention of Ferris State yet, it's a joke what these boys have to go through to get attention.

Re: Thoughts on Ferris State Hockey?

Who cares about attention? there is NOTHING determined by attention/popularity/polls. Keep winning the games, and the attention will come in the post season/NCAA's determined by rankings not popularity.
    Congrats on a good season so far, I guarantee you no one on that team gives a rat's butt about attention, and if they do, their own attention is focused in the wrong direction.

It's not about attention for the players and the coaches. They don't care, and shouldn't..your right.

The attention is much needed for publicity for the hockey team. More publicity is better for recruting, and not only that, but for attendance at Ferris. The more National Recognition, the more the papers have to write about, the news stations have to talk about, the more coverage of Ferris Hockey, more attendance, more college hockey fans, college hockey sport goes up in popularity.

Look on the business aspect of things.

Wildcat in Bulldog-land nmupiccdiva's Avatar

Oh, look, ANOTHER Ferris thread.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Dom, calm down. It's ok. Ferris has already snagged several good recruits for next year. If they continue on the pace they are at, they will get the attention. Like everyone else seems to be saying, that national attention isn't something that all teams want and don't really think about. A ranking is just a number. Nothing else. For Ferris, I'm not so sure that it's a great thing. They've had a history of falling apart in the second half of the season. They just need to keep playing the way they have been playing and not worry about anything else.

Let's Go #C40000

Quote Originally Posted by FerrisStateHockeyFan View Post

Annoying fans on the internet.
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by totalx View Post
    Dom, calm down. It's ok. Ferris has already snagged several good recruits for next year. If they continue on the pace they are at, they will get the attention. Like everyone else seems to be saying, that national attention isn't something that all teams want and don't really think about. A ranking is just a number. Nothing else. For Ferris, I'm not so sure that it's a great thing. They've had a history of falling apart in the second half of the season. They just need to keep playing the way they have been playing and not worry about anything else.

Totalx, may you private message me your name. I am not like you and hide behind a username. My name is Brandon Halvinski and am a student at Ferris State University. A senior I may add, and sorry there is ONE fan out there for Ferris State who is Die Hard.

Dom? Who's Dom?

GO SKINS GO

Ferris is good at getting a one goal lead and praying to hang on to it or a tie from what I've seen, pretty good at multiple useless threads too. I think that's where the real strength of the program is.

Ferris State has a hockey team?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
    Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Pal, it's a forum. You're asked to sign up with an alias. All I am saying is is that a ranking is little more than a number assigned by the media. Don't get me wrong--it's great to see Ferris off to this type of start. They are now ranked 13th and 6th in the PWR, which is the real number people should look at. Yes, they are a good hockey team. With due time, they will get attention. I'd much rather have them fly in under the radar than have lofty expectations because of a silly number.

Also, there is no Brandon Halvinski that is enrolled at Ferris

I know, this should go in the thread "Ferris State Hockey 2009-2010 2 Minutes for Tripping" but if I did that, no outsiders of FSU Hockey would read it.
    Yeah, that sound about right. I don't see how this is a problem.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Swept #1 Miami @ Miami (Two Shootout Wins)
    Good farkin' lawrd, Ferris did not sweep Miami - they tied them twice! I don't see a W anywhere on here next to FSU vs. Miami... Dear god, stop saying Ferris "swept" the Redhawks - you just make yourself sound even dumber than the rest of this thread.

Industry Standard

I didn't even know Ferris was a state.
    And if we die, before the battle's through, tell your mom, tell your dad, we were super rad.

Shut up hockey puck

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Gobe View Post
    I didn't even know Ferris was a state.
    It's over by Tilt-A-Whirl...

I like hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by thebrain View Post
    It's over by Tilt-A-Whirl...
    Just north of Gravitron.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Crazy Kowalski

Wink Re: Thoughts on Ferris State Hockey?

Ferris State sucks.

Sieve Boy!

Ok, Serious post here:

I think their record is a product of an easy schedule thus far. They tied Miami twice, and have taken care of business against teams they should have beat. But look at the Non Conf. schedule. @ Canisius (whom they split with but granted it was @ Canisius and those home town fans prob. made it rough. All 578 of them,) Robert Morris and UConn.

The schedule gets harder after this week. The Badger showdown with Yale, Merrimack and Wisconsin, then at Notre Dame, vs. Miami, home and home with Michigan, @ Ohio state and home vs. Northern Michigan.

If the bulldogs come out of that in the top 5/6 of the CCHA...then we can talk about hopes for them getting to the Joe.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

From a post in that thread earlier:

Alright, #17 Ferris State Bulldogs 10-0 at home now, 13-3 (Counting shootout wins as a win)...What more does the Hockey World want from a team to consider them the real deal?

Swept #1 Miami @ Miami (Two Shootout Wins) (Who have swept #20 St. Cloud, Beat New Hampshere, Beat #11 Michigan State, Swept Michigan, and just beat #14 Notre Dame)

Swept Ohio State (who have beat #2 Denver, #5 Bemidji State & Michigan)

Swept #18 UNO (Who have beat #8 Mass-Lowell and Colgate)

Current Hot streak 6-0-1. Did not lose in November, and if Ferris State sweeps Western Michigan this weekend (Which they should) that will be both November and December undefeated, 11-0 at home, and 15-3 overall.

Also, Ferris State Hockey’s Blair Riley was named National Player of the Week last week by Inside College Hockey (INCH – ESPN https://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/category/potw/) and the Detroit Free Press claimed it as well: https://www.freep.com/article/2009112...er-of-the-week. And he is CCHA Player of the Month.

USCHO hasn't even made mention of Ferris State yet, it's a joke what these boys have to go through to get attention.
    Ferris has a good team, they will make noise but it is early december and their out of conference schedule was a joke. Keep playing well in conference and the national pub will come along.

For what its worth, the up to date current pairwise has Ferris at #7 that is all that matters.

Grizzled Veteran

Gee, the last two posts sound eerily similar to what I posted (and got neg repped for) in that other Ferris thread the last time this was an earth shaking news- like last week or two weeks ago. Ferris is winning and that's great. Good for the CCHA, good for our team's PWR also. But please, keep it in perspective.

Fans are looking for respect for their program. Best way to do that is to have your program win. Not just nine weeks into the season, but all season, the playoffs and then for the next twenty years. It's not good enough to win one regular season title, go to the NCAA tourney and then disappear for seven years, while being the conference's most undisciplined team in the process. It's not good enough to win a series or a game against a goliath. Do it consistently, then act like a fan of a program that does it consistently. Hang some championship banners.

Maybe then the program won't need fans posting needless threads every week pandering for attention.

Frankenstein's Monster

Quote Originally Posted by nmu_27 View Post
    Ferris State sucks.
    Now, I was boycotting this thread so that it would get buried, but with you posting a statement like that, I just have to come out here and AGREE with you.

Must be the Laker in me.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Thread Information