Vermont host UMass Nov 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont host UMass Nov 24th

Looking forward to getting a look at Umass who have had a very good start this year. While Vermont has played well at home they have been poor on the road up until last Sunday.

Whats the word from the better half of the Umass teams?

Over/under before a UML fan posts here is at 6
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Re: Vermont host UMass Nov 24th

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
    Looking forward to getting a look at Umass who have had a very good start this year. While Vermont has played well at home they have been poor on the road up until last Sunday.

Over/under before a UML fan posts here is at 6
    Hopefully the Gut collapses... everyone wins.

ps. under

Comment

Hmmm... I think you'd get the majority of UMass fans to agree that UML is a better team, so far anyhow.

I personally expect UMass to win this game, mostly because I think they're the better team. However, I admit I don't know a bunch about the Cats. Mass is coming off an impressive win at Yale, and a somewhat shaky weekend against UNH.

Advice for Vermont; stay out of the box and don't relax with a lead. This UMass team can score.
      Sons of old Massachusetts,
      Devoted daughters true,
      Bay State, old Bay State,
      We'll give our best to you.

Comment

UVM has owned this pre-turkey day game. I'm a bit uncomfortable about this game, despite some of Vermont's struggles thus far.

I'd probably be happy with a tie.
        It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

we're doin' okay thanks

Comment

UMass never plays well at the Gut, and my one ever trip there was in 07 for a split where Jon Quick basically stole the game. Vermont is another team who's goaltending has looked questionable thus far (Madore), but Spillane has played well when called upon. UMass could steal this game if Vermont takes some penalties and Dainton has to play very well. I don't like typing this but I think the Cats continue their pre-Turkeyday dominance of the Minutemen and squeek out a close win 3-2. Justin Milo scores two.
            Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
              Mass is coming off an impressive win at Yale
              An impressive win over Yale? ....ummm, there's no such thing. You need to read the UVM season thread. In there, you'll find that Yale actually sucks!

Comment

Advice for Vermont; stay out of the box and don't relax with a lead. This UMass team can score.
                This might be difficult. The D core has a habit of going to sit for 2...actually less than 2 minutes since they have a poor .765% penalty kill. This actually might be the difference maker as UVM's PP is a horrid 5 for 41 (.122%) should UMass players decide they need to get a 2 minute rest.
                Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  read the UVM season thread.
                  I'd rather watch paint dry.
                  Sons of old Massachusetts,
                  Devoted daughters true,
                  Bay State, old Bay State,
                  We'll give our best to you.

Comment

An impressive win over Yale? ....ummm, there's no such thing. You need to read the UVM season thread. In there, you'll find that Yale actually sucks!
                    That's correct. The whopping ten year domination of the NCAAs by ECAC teams would clearly point to that. It's almost like a league full of St. Clouds... almost!
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I'd rather watch paint dry.
                      I hear ya. Thanks to the good fans at UML and BC, I'm almost there myself.

Comment

How so? Thanks to Skull and Bones, they secretly run the world.

(If the UVM thread is really that bad, we can loan you Hokydad. Then we all can team up and be area clowns together. )
                        Last edited by Jon; 11-22-2009, 02:13 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          How so? Thanks to Skull and Bones, they secretly run the world.

(If the UVM thread is really that bad, we can loan you Hokydad. Then we all can team up and be area clowns together. )
                          Wow, you've got 30,000+ posts. That's amazing! Do you know if there's anyone else on here with more?

Comment

Wow, you've got 30,000+ posts. That's amazing! Do you know if there's anyone else on here with more?
                            RPI fan Ralp Baer has over 100K
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Tons.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                              X