Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

I couldn't bear not seeing a thread for Merrimack Hockey. Hopefully there are some MC fans out there to post in it haha.

To start things off, what do you guys think about Da Costa...obviously he's a great player, how long do you think he'll stick around?
    Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Re: Merrimack College Hockey 2009-2010

Congrats on the season so far! Great to see the Mack competitive.

Comment

Absolutely, it's been a longtime coming. We had 14 1-goal losses last year. It was frustrating at times. Dennehy has done a good job recruiting and brought in some more firepower. Looks like we're in for a good season.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Two other frosh that impress... Bigos- D, the kid is a monster and going to be a good one, and Brodhag- F, has a nose for the net.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

UW vs Merrimack in the Wisco tourney is looking more and more like it could be a great game.

Glad to see the Mack getting some nice W's.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Congrats on the season so far! Great to see the Mack competitive.
            Agreed.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It's great to see my alma mater being competitive in Hockey East. I know there are a lot of people keeping an eye on them this season.
              Merrimack College Warriors
              Boston Bruins Hockey
              Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
              Old-time hockey, bar the door
              Clear the track it's all-out war
              Light the lamp, throw a hit
              Black and gold never quit
              The barn is full, our team's in town
              So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
              Drop the puck, it's time to go"
              -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
              Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Merrimack has a great fan base that has had nothing to cheer about since the Rich Pion, Jim Hrivnack, Jim Vesey, and Andy Heinze days. They will start coming out if the wins continue.

Can you alumni please start petitioning for a new rink? There are D-3 teams across New England throwing up rinks left and right, yet Merrimack still plays in the same sh*t box. That was a new low last night without the scoreboard working....

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                  Can you alumni please start petitioning for a new rink? There are D-3 teams across New England throwing up rinks left and right, yet Merrimack still plays in the same sh*t box. That was a new low last night without the scoreboard working....
                  They are actually ripping out of all the bleachers and putting in seat-backs and adding a student section behind the goal by the zamboni entrance all to be done before the start of next season. That's in addition to the new scoreboards (on order because well the old one's stopped working during the season), the new rink bed, and new press area. Also, supposively in a few years they want to be able to raise the ceiling..not sure how that works/the cost but that's the rumor. Information on this can be seen here:
                  http://merrimackathletics.com/sports...2008-09/Lawler

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                    I don't think you'll see a new arena at Merrimack for some time. After spending money on the ice this past summer and the plans for more renovations after the season, I would imagine the Volpe/Lawler is here to stay.
                    I agree about the scoreboad, it sounds like it could be that way for a while. The league can't be to happy about that. Reminds me of the days when the Zamboni would break down all the time.

Comment

The are renovating the rink this summer. Last summer they replaced the icebeds/compressors-very expensive, not a visual change, but much appreciated by those who skate on the ice.

As for the renovations this summer:

New lobby with a hall of fame type look. (I'm guessing something similar to what are at the ends of the arena at Conte Forum).

They are ripping out the benches completely. Installing new chairbacj (retractable) seating along both sides of the rink and a new press box.

In order to make up for lost seating with the chairs they are installing benches behind the far net for students. Current capacity is 3000. I suspect that to decrease by 400 or so.

Plans are in order to raise the roof if they get enough Money but the above renovations are DEFINITELY taking place this coming summer. Originally they were going to do new scoreboards then too. However the recent problems have them scrambling, they are going to purchase them and install them ASAP. My guess is over Christmas break.

You can find more info and interviews with Merrimacks AD concerning the renovations in the recent archives of warriorrinkrat.com. Go back a few weeks and take a look.

Certainly an exciting time for Merrimack Hockey!!

@SalvucciM

Comment

Merrimack has a nice young team with some skilled players. They're not a skilled team yet but give Dennehy a couple more years and that will change.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I did notice last night that the ice was better than usual, so baby steps I guess.

Comment

MERRIMACK THREAD!!! WOO!!!

Need to get all the people who post on this site to come over here:

http://www.warriorhockey.org/vb/
                            Boston University 2009 Champs
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Some one has yet to answer my original question about Da Costa.

Personally I say he plays a great year this year. He bulks up over the summer (he's far too small right now to picked up by a NHL team), plays an absolutely incredible year next year, carries us through to the Hockey East Final game, then leaves for an NHL team.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Working...
                              X