Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Nanook bretheren! And I also include Suze and Alaska Hockey in these well wishes since I know they read this thread religiously.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Happy Thanksgiving to all my Nanook bretheren! And I also include Suze and Alaska Hockey in these well wishes since I know they read this thread religiously.
      Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Two shootout W's and 4 points total on the weekend. Realistically we should have had 5 points on the weekend but we let up in the 3rd tonight and NMU jumped all over us. Props to Greenham for standing tall in both shootouts.

With the 4 points we are holding on to sole possession of 3rd place, one point ahead of the Golden Domers.

'Nooks hit the road to Kalamazoo for a couple of games against last-place Western Michigan. Got to bring the A-game on the road; this is similar to the situation going into Bowling Green a couple weeks ago. And Western won't just roll over and play dead; I remember last year at the Carlson allowing WMU to tie it in the 3rd, then win in OT in the last game before Christmas.

Since mmf is roasting on a beach in Mexico, I'll say it in his honor: GO NOOKS!!
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

That was a strange game. Lots of grinding, gritty play in the first especially, odd goals, sticks breaking and flying everywhere, Nanooks riding Wildcats, shoot out goal reviews, the works. Getting more points on a weekend than the other guys is always a good thing I suppose, but the Nooks should've had this one in regulation. That said, it didn't seem so much like they got a lead and sat back on it like they have in some games, but more like the Wildcats just got a fire lit under their butts after Stewart was pulled. They definitely earned that point.

Comment

Sorry for posting the same photo in three separate threads, but I’m back in town and had the chance to straighten the crop and saturate the colors. Also thought I’d throw in another shot. Under the right circumstances, I could get used to only “listening” to the Nook games.

*****http://mmf.smugmug.com/Photography/Hodgepodge/Misc-Forum-Posts/20091125-62/726977295_dvped-L.jpg******

*****http://mmf.smugmug.com/Photography/Hodgepodge/Misc-Forum-Posts/20091125-70/726993072_a7YHM-L.jpg******

What’s with the CCHA? Are we a little more competitive from top to bottom than we thought, or just showing how mediocre we all are? “On any given night...” has always been the mantra of college hockey, but it seems more so this year. Can’t afford to look past the next shift, much less the next game or series. It seems the Nooks have left a few points on the table that they should have/needed to grab. But I’m sure everyone is thinking that.

The Nooks are at Western next weekend and need to take their “A” game. See if we can get a Friday night road win.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
              That was a strange game ... Nanooks riding Wildcats
              And then Nanooks into the Wildcat bench.

That was indeed the most intriguing portion of the game to watch last night.
              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Andy Taranto is in sole possession of first place in CCHA scoring, with 15 points in 10 games. he has at least one point in 9 out of 10 ccha games.
                The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                  And then Nanooks into the Wildcat bench.
                  That should have been a penalty. Hohl did his usual there and the nmu player took the bait and took a second run at him to flip him in the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by 1/2 nook View Post
                    That should have been a penalty. Hohl did his usual there and the nmu player took the bait and took a second run at him to flip him in the bench.
                    I agree. No idea why they stopped play, though.
                    Embrace the hate.

Comment

Actually, I was very impressed by the guys on the NMU bench. I expected a brawl to erupt, but they immediately backed away from Hohl and pointedly kept their hands above the boards. (Granted, they could have been giving him a few surreptitious kicks, but it looked like everyone stayed classy. )

Comment

And what was that "Nanooks riding Wildcats" bit? I've never seen anything like it. Were they caught in each other's gear?

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
                          And what was that "Nanooks riding Wildcats" bit? I've never seen anything like it. Were they caught in each other's gear?
                          Looked to me like the Nanook player didn't want to let Olver up. I base that on how mad he seemed after he flipped the player to the ice and got 2 minutes for cth-high sticking.

Plus putting Hohl into the bench after he sat in the box for the 2 minutes.
                          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Friday video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu5JM-ZKkao

Saturday video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaPe_2pfUT4
                            The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Wow, Chad Johnson has been called up (from the AHL) by the Rangers to serve as their backup goalie. It sounds like a temporary move, but still -- pretty impressive!

Comment

Did anybody read the article the other day that said UAF nixed the proposal for the UAa sports complex.

Comment

Working...
                                X