Thread: Prayers, Please

Prayers, Please

Admin: move to Cafe if needed, don't know exactly where to put this.

For those not on GPL, but still have been to MN Gopher tailgates and have met or seen the guy, the GopherPuckLive poster known as Hockey Jesus was in an accident on Monday night while riding his bike (I assume motorcycle). He suffered a broken neck, a fracture to his spine and a couple broken bones to his face. The good news is there is currently no paralysis. He is in a St. Paul hospital.

He's a great guy, and a diehard fan. Thoughts and prayers are asked of all of you.

And if you are unsure of who he is, after the "Ay yi yi yiiiii Jesus Hates Wisconsin!" chant, he's the one who always says, "Yes, I do."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Fighting Sioux Fan Forever

Re: Prayers, Please

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post

For those not on GPL, but still have been to MN Gopher tailgates and have met or seen the guy, the GopherPuckLive poster known as Hockey Jesus was in an accident on Monday night while riding his bike (I assume motorcycle). He suffered a broken neck, a fracture to his spine and a couple broken bones to his face. The good news is there is currently no paralysis. He is in a St. Paul hospital.

He's a great guy, and a diehard fan. Thoughts and prayers are asked of all of you.

And if you are unsure of who he is, after the "Ay yi yi yiiiii Jesus Hates Wisconsin!" chant, he's the one who always says, "Yes, I do."
    Thoughts and prayers coming his way.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

I think he's "psychoairiq" on here...

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Ay Yi Yi Yii

Positive thoughts and prayers.
    Hang in there.
    GO DU !!!

I miss Christian and Mark.

That sounds scary, but the no paralysis thing is awesome news. Here's to a speedy recovery to someone I've never met, but know must be cool since he loves college hockey.
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Wildcat in Bulldog-land nmupiccdiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
    That sounds scary, but the no paralysis thing is awesome news. Here's to a speedy recovery to someone I've never met, but know must be cool since he loves college hockey.
    QFT.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!
    University of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

Done & done...Be well!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Let's go RED!

The first step in the praying process for this Hockey Jesus person is that they have faith, even just a smidgeon of faith, otherwise, it's like casting a lure into a fishless lake.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Im right with everyone else, Thoughts and prayers on a speedy recovery. Have never interacted with him but no one deserves to go through something like that.

Get better big fellah!
    Go Gophers!

From the reports I've gotten, it appears that Hockey Jesus (and yes, I do believe he's PsychoAiriq on here, probably a mis-spelling, though, on my part) will recover fully, in time. He is in good spirits, there was an instance where he stated "Now I feel worse-y..." which goes to show his positive attitude.

Hopefully he can attend a tailgate this year, as I can only imagine the rehab he has to go through.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

From the reports I've gotten, it appears that Hockey Jesus (and yes, I do believe he's PsychoAiriq on here, probably a mis-spelling, though, on my part) will recover fully, in time. He is in good spirits, there was an instance where he stated "Now I feel worse-y..." which goes to show his positive attitude.

Hopefully he can attend a tailgate this year, as I can only imagine the rehab he has to go through.
    good news, thanks for the update and posting the news.

My prayers are with him.......is he "stable"? From my limited experience, you can be in ICU & "critical, but stable" and be "out of the woods. Not having any
    paralisis is SUPER.

Motorcycles have always scared me.........I've ridden on only one in my 63 years, but it was at 105 mph in a 45 mph zone, w/o a helmet. IMO, helmets should not be a requirement for anyone who's willing to drive a motorcycle on raods with all the inconsiderate car & truck drivers!!!

Thoughts and prayers to Hockey Jesus and all those who are around him!

adding my thoughts and prayers!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Quinnipiac '09 Grad School '11

Best wishes from the east coast.

This was posted on another board early this morning from Hockey Jesus/psychoairiq:

THANK YOU everyone!!! After reading all of that, I am starting to get a little light headed... I just want you all to know that I really appreciate everything... I am home... Special thanks to all of you that stopped by the hospital(too many to name) C.Crap was right about how touched(NOT BY MAYOR) I was/am with all the thoughts/prayers... THANKS AGAIN!!!

Opposite Girl

Get well soon!!!!

Another lil' sorta update, posted tonight on GPL from HJ/PA:

Thank you everybody!!! I am home and getting around alright... The support/love/whatever else you want to call it from ALL of my friends(GPL---RC---RRR---KFAN) has been overwhelming (HAPPY CRY)... I may be one of the luckiest people that I know, and I am seeing it first hand almost everyday... THANKS AGAIN... I will keep people posted on my recovery...
    And again, this is one of the nicest people you'll meet. If anyone is at a Gopher tailgate (especially around March, hint hint) I recommend making it a point to meet him.

Thread Information