Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
    He's the first full time goalie coach, since Skudder left for Lawrence.
    Hope to see a BIG improvement in net this season...should be interesting to observe what affect he has on our net minders...
    Pete - You would know better than I would, but is Mazz a full-time employee at SNC? I know we owns/operates a disaster recovery cleaning franchise in town. I would have guessed this is a part-time gig, at least from his perspective...
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
      Pete - You would know better than I would, but is Mazz a full-time employee at SNC? I know we owns/operates a disaster recovery cleaning franchise in town. I would have guessed this is a part-time gig, at least from his perspective...
      Not sure about his title...assuming he would be at most of the practices/games....
      Paid or unpaid?? Don't know for sure....I am planning to go to the Oct. 22 practice....should find out more info at that time...
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

It looks like it's going to be a slow start to the season for me. I was planning on being around for October 24th but yesterday I find out my Aunt/Godmother is coming in from California so I'll miss. Today I get asked to go to New Hampshire for the week for work so I'll miss the home opener. Bill, tell Jim he'll need to step it up a little without me to help him assist the officials. I'd hoped to maybe catch a game out in NH but nobody in the east starts until a good week or two later. My only shot at seeing D3 hockey that week would be an exhibition game on Friday if I can't get out until Saturday morning.
        Last edited by MW4Bucky&SNC; 10-12-2009, 07:54 PM.
        Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
        2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
        2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
        Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
          It looks like it's going to be a slow start to the season for me. I was planning on being around for October 24th but yesterday I find out my Aunt/Godmother is coming in from California so I'll miss. Today I get asked to go to New Hampshire for the week for work. Bill, tell Jim he'll need to step it up a little without me to help him assist the officials. I'd hoped to maybe catch a game out in NH but nobody in the east starts until a good week or two later. My only shot at seeing D3 hockey that week would be an exhibition game on Friday if I can't get out until Saturday morning.
          Maybe you can catch a D1 game while in the east? UNH's rink is beautiful. Lowell, Merrimack, Boston, Dartmouth, etc. are all close too as I'm sure you already know.

I'd love to watch some NCAA hockey in person these days, but alas the closest would be DU at eight hours...

Comment

It looks like it's going to be a slow start to the season for me. I was planning on being around for October 24th but yesterday I find out my Aunt/Godmother is coming in from California so I'll miss. Today I get asked to go to New Hampshire for the week for work so I'll miss the home opener. Bill, tell Jim he'll need to step it up a little without me to help him assist the officials. I'd hoped to maybe catch a game out in NH but nobody in the east starts until a good week or two later. My only shot at seeing D3 hockey that week would be an exhibition game on Friday if I can't get out until Saturday morning.
            MW:

Sorry about the news that you will not be around in the beginning. We will have to work extra hard on the officials in your absense. See you in November!!
            SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

MW -- With internet access, you could listen and watch Tim D's call of the home opener vs LFC on the 27th...
              SNC Men:
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:

Comment

Check out the press release posted today on SNC's website:
                http://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/?i=694

Sam Tikka announced as captain!

Comment

Time for this season's first Roll Call:
                  Who's heading west for the Stout Fri/Sat twin bill, which opens the NCHA season for both teams?
                  Will be interesting to observe:
                  1 -- How each team's goalie performs?
                  Who gets time in net. SNC = alternate or go with one guy.
                  Stout = Go with Pishlar from the start of season?
                  2 -- How will SNC's young forward corp (6 new faces) fare against Stout's experienced D corp?
                  3 -- Can SNC's D corp (7 returning) keep Stout's explosive offensie in check?
                  Comments???
                  SNC Men:
                  SNC Women:

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                    Time for this season's first Roll Call:
                    Who's heading west for the Stout Fri/Sat twin bill, which opens the NCHA season for both teams?
                    Will be interesting to observe:
                    1 -- How each team's goalie performs?
                    Who gets time in net. SNC = alternate or go with one guy.
                    Stout = Go with Pishlar from the start of season?
                    2 -- How will SNC's young forward corp (6 new faces) fare against Stout's experienced D corp?
                    3 -- Can SNC's D corp (7 returning) keep Stout's explosive offensie in check?
                    Comments???

1 --- UW-ST's defense is not 'experienced', but they aren't exactly spring ducks either. They lost Klaren and Woglmuth

2 --- SNC takes the weekend to revenge the events of their last trip to UW-ST last season...
                    Avalanche Hockey --- "No one beats us on a pond"

Comment

Random thought:

SNC freshman defenseman Justin Favreau will be sporting....#4. Considering SNC plays in the shadow of Lambeau Field, I don't know if that's really amusing or some sort of sick joke.
                      “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by GBhockeygal View Post
                        Check out the press release posted today on SNC's website:
                        http://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/?i=694

Sam Tikka announced as captain!
                        well, he's captained a fishing vessel or two, so i suppose this will work?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                          Random thought:

SNC freshman defenseman Justin Favreau will be sporting....#4. Considering SNC plays in the shadow of Lambeau Field, I don't know if that's really amusing or some sort of sick joke.
                          This is a very sick joke indeed. I've vowed never to speak or type the name of the football player you are referencing ever again so I don't further enable his attention addiction. I call him "Old Balls QB". To keep my word I'll just have to call Justin by his first name if he does something I feel the need to talk about. I'd hate to include the term "Old Balls" when naming a college kid.

Comment

This is a very sick joke indeed. I've vowed never to speak or type the name of the football player you are referencing ever again so I don't further enable his attention addiction. I call him "Old Balls QB". To keep my word I'll just have to call Justin by his first name if he does something I feel the need to talk about. I'd hate to include the term "Old Balls" when naming a college kid.
                            I've just been calling said football player "Bert". Also, is it just me or does "Bert's" wife look more and more like that Tales From the Crypt guy each and every week?
                            “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                            19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                              I've just been calling said football player "Bert". Also, is it just me or does "Bert's" wife look more and more like that Tales From the Crypt guy each and every week?
                              She's getting up there, much like Kurt Warner's mom when we had to keep seeing her. If she uses some of that money for elective surgery I just hope it works out. Her husband was replaced by Aaron Rodgers and I'd feel bad if her face was replaced by Kenny Rogers.

Comment

She's getting up there, much like Kurt Warner's mom when we had to keep seeing her. If she uses some of that money for elective surgery I just hope it works out. Her husband was replaced by Aaron Rodgers and I'd feel bad if her face was replaced by Kenny Rogers.

*****http://www.artie.com/cm/art/artists/jimludtke/images/ck_faced.jpg******

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                                19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Working...
                                X