Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

Rocking 'The Stone'

SNC Regular Season 2009-10

As per normal, the SNC Varsity Intrasquad game is scheduled for the last Saturday prior to the season opener versus Lake Forest...Oct. 24 @ 1:00 at the CCC...
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Danglesauce is my speciality

Re: SNC Regular Season 2009-10

I wish I were down there to see it, I think many people are going to be utterly surprised with how many Green Knights are missing from last years squad.

pete99race - You might want to add "Wanted: 1 goalie and a line or two".

Going to be a tough season for SNC regardless of their goaltending situation.

Rocking 'The Stone'

Quote Originally Posted by iDangledYourMom View Post
    I wish I were down there to see it, I think many people are going to be utterly surprised with how many Green Knights are missing from last years squad.
    We've heard some rumblings about this...sounds like it will be a major rebuilding year for the Knights
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Is Tyler Allen back with this year's squad?

Quote Originally Posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
    Is Tyler Allen back with this year's squad?
    As far as I know, yes. Why do you ask?
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Webb View Post
    As far as I know, yes. Why do you ask?
    Tyler & my son played AAA hockey in Barrie together. My son has been with the BullDogs for the past 2 seasons.

Tyler is a great guy and comes from a great family. Always enjoyed watching him play.

Anyone have a list of the players they know will be with SNC this season?

Done with Winter

pete99race - You might want to add "Wanted: 1 goalie and a line or two".

Going to be a tough season for SNC regardless of their goaltending situation.
    I'm sure details will come out eventually. A few of us have hinted at this, but nobody seems to want to be the one who breaks it. It won't be me for this one.
    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Danglesauce is my speciality

Quote Originally Posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
    I'm sure details will come out eventually. A few of us have hinted at this, but nobody seems to want to be the one who breaks it. It won't be me for this one.
    Well as I mentioned in other threads, you'll see the names missing when the roster comes out, though many know 'something' is up, no SNC fans or those aware of what happened wants to just say it. Cmon' SNC fans, man up. It must have been something real classic to have 10 of your guys kicked out of school.
    Avalanche Hockey --- "No one beats us on a pond"

Strats 9

Well as I mentioned ... to have 10 of your guys kicked out of school.
    Is it actually 10 guys ???
    If so … more big names besides Gale will be missing from that roster !?

Ok, I have now been asked about this four times.

For the love of all things sacred, I am not Idangledyourmom. What I am is a guy who, for whatever reason, loves DIII and therefore spends a lot of time following it.

I am not some all-knowing conjurer of cheap tricks responsible for every single quasi-literate person who shows up here posting who knows what.

Ok, for fun, per the best recollections I can muster, I have now been accused of being:

ZeeTrain, Foreright1613, RogueViking, hockeyguy99, fornax, jackethockeybunny, Idangledyourmom, Iranger, WiltChamberlain, doncheery, Pioneers#1, MW4Bucky@SNC, puppypower, D3PuckMan, frozenb, MCHA GURU, lest we forget lightthelamp...and I know there are others I can't even think of now.

Though being questioned about these things is somewhat amusing, I am none of them, though I know I have met at least three of the above in person, and I highly suspect a fourth (at a minimum). The rate things are going I'm just waiting for someone to insist I'm actually Chris Lerch, Russell Jaslow and Scott Biggar.

I'm a guy with a sick obsession with DIII...not some sort of a wizard, but thanks for asking. Again.
    Last edited by Matthew Webb; 09-02-2009 at 01:47 AM.
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

I never scored a goal backchecking!

Well as I mentioned in other threads, you'll see the names missing when the roster comes out, though many know 'something' is up, no SNC fans or those aware of what happened wants to just say it. Cmon' SNC fans, man up. It must have been something real classic to have 10 of your guys kicked out of school.
    How's the fishing?
    SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

who the hello?

You gotta be a student first.

At least you still had some Junior eligibility left...

Strats 9

Ok, ...

For the love of all things sacred, I am not Idangledyourmom ... ZeeTrain, Foreright1613, RogueViking, hockeyguy99, fornax, jackethockeybunny, Idangledyourmom, Iranger, WiltChamberlain, doncheery, Pioneers#1, MW4Bucky@SNC, puppypower, D3PuckMan, frozenb, MCHA GURU, lest we forget lightthelamp...and I know there are others ... actually Chris Lerch, Russell Jaslow and Scott Biggar.

I'm a guy with a sick obsession with DIII...
    LOL ... may as well become "Man of a Thousand Faces"

Used to be D-1 only fan but I now enjoy D-3 hockey as well ... grows on you I guess ...
    ... & these posts make it lots more fun !!!

... Ok, for fun, per the best recollections I can muster, I have now been accused of being:

ZeeTrain, Foreright1613, RogueViking, hockeyguy99, fornax, jackethockeybunny, Idangledyourmom, Iranger, WiltChamberlain, doncheery, Pioneers#1, MW4Bucky@SNC, puppypower, D3PuckMan, frozenb, MCHA GURU, lest we forget lightthelamp...and I know there are others I can't even think of now.

Though being questioned about these things is somewhat amusing, I am none of them, though I know I have met at least three of the above in person, and I highly suspect a fourth (at a minimum). The rate things are going I'm just waiting for someone to insist I'm actually Chris Lerch, Russell Jaslow and Scott Biggar.

I'm a guy with a sick obsession with DIII...not some sort of a wizard, but thanks for asking. Again.
    As long as no one accuses you of being XYZ Particularly, as he is "Somewhere between heaven and hell", and we are not sure in which direction he is headed.

Also, he thinks you are an idiot.
    Last edited by norm1909; 09-02-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Ok, for fun, per the best recollections I can muster, I have now been accused of being:
    fornax
    ....I just about fell off my chair laughing........and now that I've recovered it's got me wondering if there was any truth to that accusation

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLite View Post
    ....I just about fell off my chair laughing........and now that I've recovered it's got me wondering if there was any truth to that accusation
    Never forget about the forrrrresters as followed by the poster from Deeth, NV
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Done with Winter

If you have intimate knowledge of the situation and you know it's 10 you can feel free to enlighten us. Everything I've heard tells me you are just rounding up. It doesn't mean other situations may not be out there, but nothing I've heard tells me 10 guys got kicked out of school. I respect Tim too much as well as the people I share information with to be the one to break anything of consequence, so you'll have to snag a different fish.
    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    Never forget about the forrrrresters as followed by the poster from Deeth, NV
    You know I'm sorta hoping lfc's move to the MCHA will give fornax cause to come out and play.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLite View Post

It would be far less depressing if there were. I think this one comes up because a picture I took is used on the myspace page in his sig. It was out of the same set of pictures I sent to the LFC captain (don't remember who it was) that season, so our best guesses are it's a former player or a friend of a player. The RC is usually quite good at kicking over rocks and figuring these things out (like we did with lightthelamp), but that's where our trail runs dry on forrrrnax.

Mine.
    *******https://hollywebb.smugmug.com/photos/79608188_sdaAt-S.jpg********
    Last edited by Matthew Webb; 09-03-2009 at 08:50 AM.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Thread Information