Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Carry on.

Lucia Apologist

Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

My wayward son

I’m considering it a blessing I didn’t wake up to a dozen more posts arguing about the ways in which trump is smart

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I’m considering it a blessing I didn’t wake up to a dozen more posts arguing about the ways in which trump is smart
    Not reading back, but I'm going to guess it involved one of Rube's ill-phrased statements about Trump's nature, and trix/rufie/et al falling all over themselves to call him a moron, then Rube doubling-down on the statement, inviting more scorn, then Rube whining about nuanced opinions not being allowed by the lefties, etc.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Not reading back, but I'm going to guess it involved one of Rube's ill-phrased statements about Trump's nature, and trix/rufie/et al falling all over themselves to call him a moron, then Rube doubling-down on the statement, inviting more scorn, then Rube whining about nuanced opinions not being allowed by the lefties, etc.
    The actual word "nuance" wasn't used, but with that subtle nuance aside, very well done. Full marks!
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Actually I think he and burd were both saying he is smart...but I half read it because I dont care.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Actually I recall trix agreeing with rube, so there’s that!

I wasn't even posting last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Actually I recall trix agreeing with rube, so there’s that!
    It was me. He is an evil slime but he has a sly, evil brilliance to manipulate people. Not smart about anything else but when you can manipulate the sheeple you don't need to be smart about everything else

Don't blame me!!

Inspired by Actual Events
    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    It was me. He is an evil slime but he has a sly, evil brilliance to manipulate people. Not smart about anything else but when you can manipulate the sheeple you don't need to be smart about everything else
    Ive heard him called “cunning” which seems right. “Brilliance” is a step too far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Ive heard him called “cunning” which seems right. “Brilliance” is a step too far for me.
    Well, when he can pull the wool over the eyes of millions of people, get the Fundies to believe he is the next coming despite epitomizing the anti-Christ, make the idjits in fly over country believe he is helping them when he is screwing them without the assist of K-Y, I think it is a bit past cunning.

Well, when he can pull the wool over the eyes of millions of people, get the Fundies to believe he is the next coming despite epitomizing the anti-Christ, make the idjits in fly over country believe he is helping them when he is screwing them without the assist of K-Y, I think it is a bit past cunning.
    No one has ever gone broke underestimating the American public.

Picture the average American in your head, now remember that roughly half the population is dumber than that.

Inspired by Actual Events
    I feel like he’s not really the one doing it. They’re doing it to themselves, out of a misplaced devotion to enmity, and would be doing exactly the same thing if it was Clint Eastwood or Kanye West in the big chair.

I feel like he’s not really the one doing it. They’re doing it to themselves, out of a misplaced devotion to enmity, and would be doing exactly the same thing if it was Clint Eastwood or Kanye West in the big chair.
    The guy knows how to play things. They may be willing to be stupid but he knows just how to lead them along. No way he figured this out by reading research, but like any good little sociopath he knows just what to do to get what he wants. Clint Eastwood and Kanye both rode the wave but then the wave crested and fell over on itself. God willing the same will happen in this situation.

Remember way back when you studied geo and phototropism? A bean plant's roots do not grow down and its stalk up because it is smart.

"We didn't elect a priest! We elected a fighter to MAGA!" - @Botski9675309

I feel like he’s not really the one doing it. They’re doing it to themselves, out of a misplaced devotion to enmity...
    That's pretty much it, right there. "Own the libs no matter what" is the entire ethos, pathos, and logos of the Republican Party.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

He's not smart. He's just got that con man's instinct of knowing what people want to hear, and then giving it to them, while taking complete advantage of them.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    He's not smart. He's just got that con man's instinct of knowing what people want to hear, and then giving it to them, while taking complete advantage of them.
    Well that is one way of being, "smart". He's an imbecile on every scale imaginable yet he was able to con nearly half of those that voted, and despite how many bankruptcies is set for life if the the courts don't finally nail him to the wall.

Smart is not really the operative word mind you - opportunistic is more apt.

Thread Information