Goals/Dreams/Aspirations for 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goals/Dreams/Aspirations for 2020

I don't do resolutions. Those are fickle things people start on January 1 and give up by January 5. Tell me what you really hope to accomplish in 2020. Here's my list:

1. Restart my MSW in April along with an internship at Every Woman's Place in Muskegon. Denver's online program has been a blessing and I look to graduate in March 2022.

2. Find a job in my field (psychology/social work/mental health). Got applications in already, and I'm hoping to get in with the state of Michigan as a Child and Protective Services Investigator.

3. Finish writing my memoir and cookbook and send to a publisher by 12/31/2020.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Goals/Dreams/Aspirations for 2020

I don't do resolutions. If there is something I want to do/change, why wait for a special day?

That being said, my goal remains to learn SOMEthing new every day, and/or improve myself in some way every day.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      I don't do resolutions. If there is something I want to do/change, why wait for a special day?
      This. I only do joking resolutions, such as liking more koala pictures on Facebook. If you want to improve your life, don't wait for an arbitrary day. Do it now (well, not NOW, because now it's a resolution ) If you wait for an arbitrary reason to start, you will use an arbitrary reason to quit.

Taking a look back and resetting goals is different, and I think that is more what MT means. But the resolution thing always bugs me.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
        This. I only do joking resolutions, such as liking more koala pictures on Facebook. If you want to improve your life, don't wait for an arbitrary day. Do it now (well, not NOW, because now it's a resolution ) If you wait for an arbitrary reason to start, you will use an arbitrary reason to quit.

Taking a look back and resetting goals is different, and I think that is more what MT means. But the resolution thing always bugs me.
        Yes, I am talking about resetting goals.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

That being said, my goal remains to learn SOMEthing new every day, and/or improve myself in some way every day.
          I’m with you. I’m going to continue to keep my old body in somewhat decent shape, continue to eat healthy, and be a better person today than I was yesterday
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'm feeling the itch to find something else for my career. I figure I have to work 18 more years of working. I started taking some classes online for a new skillset that enhances my current skill set. Hoping to finish those classes and training in 2020. If it works great. If it doesn't, I at least learned some new things.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I'm feeling the itch to find something else for my career. I figure I have to work 18 more years of working. I started taking some classes online for a new skillset that enhances my current skill set. Hoping to finish those classes and training in 2020. If it works great. If it doesn't, I at least learned some new things.
              Excellent

Comment

I’m graduating with a masters this spring and looking forward to finding a new job myself.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  I’m going to continue to keep my old body in somewhat decent shape, continue to eat healthy, and be a better person today than I was yesterday
                  Those comments are admirable but seem too ambiguous to be effective. If you are serious about improving yourself, you need to first honestly assess areas you believe you need to improve. If necessary, with the help of someone like a spouse who knows you well and cares enough to be honest. Otherwise, if you are like me, you will probably not focus on those things that most need improving.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Those comments are admirable but seem too ambiguous to be effective. If you are serious about improving yourself, you need to first honestly assess areas you believe you need to improve. If necessary, with the help of someone like a spouse who knows you well and cares enough to be honest. Otherwise, if you are like me, you will probably not focus on those things that most need improving.
                    I’m doing just fine and I’ve never had a New Years resolution. Everyday is a new day to improve from yesterday but I understand what you are saying
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I’m doing just fine and I’ve never had a New Years resolution. Everyday is a new day to improve from yesterday but I understand what you are saying
                      This.

I could learn a useless fact, I could find a new way to do something, I could learn something about our world, I could find something out I never knew about myself. As long as I am growing in some way...to stay stagnant and just say "all is good, I'm good, I don't need to ask/explore anything more" is not healthy.

Edit: to grow doesn't mean making major changes. A lot of little things add up.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

That is an attitude I wish more people had.

Comment

I do resolutions. Only because it’s a great time for a fresh start. I usually take the last two weeks of the year off so I can start fresh.

1. Pause
                          2. Leave work at work
                          3. Get off the **** adult pacifier
                          4. Do everything I can to support my fiancée in getting licensed

2020 has the potential to be the most important year in my life after 2019. In 2019 I went through a very trying medical scare and later got engaged.

In 2020 we're getting married, a honeymoon in Europe, and we’ve talked about maybe trying to start a family in late 2020. Outside of the family, there’s the most important election since the mid-1800s. This will be a defining year.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I’m with you. I’m going to continue to keep my old body in somewhat decent shape, continue to eat healthy, and be a better person today than I was yesterday
                            You have been through some rough physical times iirc and applaud your recovery efforts.

But true reform comes from renouncing green and white.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              You have been through some rough physical times iirc and applaud your recovery efforts.

But true reform comes from renouncing green and white.
                              One may as well try to renounce gravity or the sun.

Comment

Working...
                              X