Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: Uniform Watch?

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    NMU recently started using a gold 3rd jersey. Haven't heard any complaints yet.
    Gold jerseys always seem to work. I think the diagonal lettering on the regular NMU jerseys would look good on the gold third jerseys.
    Last edited by DavidNardolillo; 12-24-2019 at 10:23 PM.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisP View Post
    Providence has gone to wearing their 3rd jersey (its gray) for all home games this year. Not a fan of it....
    I hear you. Something about the neutral color jerseys hasn't quite clicked. Ohio State's gray/silver jerseys aren't their best either. The tan/sand color of the third shirt that Brown has used falls into the same category. I know that the skating friar has long been part of the PC hockey uniforms, but I am not sure it works as the sole feature on the front of those gray jerseys. Still probably better than the Cooperall and Pro-Tec Helmet era! https://www.rihhof.com/remembering-wh...re-cooperalls/

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Found this ranking from 2017: https://hockeybydesign.com/2017/04/co...ankings-60-51/

    I think I would agree that poor Bentley is last, but plenty to discuss throughout the rest.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    811

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    Found this ranking from 2017: https://hockeybydesign.com/2017/04/co...ankings-60-51/

    I think I would agree that poor Bentley is last, but plenty to discuss throughout the rest.
    I didn't care for the #56 ranking for UAH primarily because the blue jersey wasn't considered. Not saying UAH should be ranked much higher, but if you're not going to include our best jersey (or just the full set) then what are we doing?
    Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

    UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

  5. #25
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Pursuing the Jeff Sauer Trophy
    Posts
    3,038

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    NMU recently started using a gold 3rd jersey. Haven't heard any complaints yet.
    I think you haven't been listening then. If there was a Bottom Feeder jersey tournament, those would be a #1 seed. Like Shaq told Craig Sager "that's horri-awful".

    It's not as bad as the historically cringeworthy Wisconsin third with the giant diagonal Bucky Badger, but that was a long time ago.
    Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 12-27-2019 at 08:37 AM.

  6. #26
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    43,668

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I think you haven't been listening then. If there was a Bottom Feeder jersey tournament, those would be a #1 seed. Like Shaq told Craig Sager "that's horri-awful".

    It's not as bad as the historically cringeworthy Wisconsin third with the giant diagonal Bucky Badger, but that was a long time ago.
    Says the Tech fan.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    24,759
    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I think you haven't been listening then. If there was a Bottom Feeder jersey tournament, those would be a #1 seed. Like Shaq told Craig Sager "that's horri-awful".

    It's not as bad as the historically cringeworthy Wisconsin third with the giant diagonal Bucky Badger, but that was a long time ago.
    Pajama Bucky!

    That's a jersey I haven't heard about in a long time.

  8. #28
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,496

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Pajama Bucky! That's a jersey I haven't heard about in a long time.
    I always thought UW should do a red pinstripe jersey with "W" on the front like Bucky wears.

    This one is already 21 years old. Well it was unique...
    "...and that's all I have to say about that." ~Forrest Gump

    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by UAHStatman View Post
    I didn't care for the #56 ranking for UAH primarily because the blue jersey wasn't considered. Not saying UAH should be ranked much higher, but if you're not going to include our best jersey (or just the full set) then what are we doing?
    I agree it is probably smarter to rank the individual shirts rather than a collective ranking for each school. Better to highlight the individual shirts that work.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I always thought UW should do a red pinstripe jersey with "W" on the front like Bucky wears.

    This one is already 21 years old. Well it was unique...
    "...and that's all I have to say about that." ~Forrest Gump

    Is that a shadow print of the Bucky image on the back or is it just the design on the front being visible through the jersey material? Either way, this fits in with other bonkers jersey designs in the mid to late '90s.

  11. #31
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,914

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    I made a thread of new college hockey jerseys for this season:

    https://twitter.com/Biddco/status/1179878384274411520
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    I made a thread of new college hockey jerseys for this season:

    https://twitter.com/Biddco/status/1179878384274411520
    Excellent!

  13. #33
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,717
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    Is that a shadow print of the Bucky image on the back or is it just the design on the front being visible through the jersey material? Either way, this fits in with other bonkers jersey designs in the mid to late '90s.
    I donít even care to know. Badger alternates have had a checkered history.

  14. #34
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,496

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    Is that a shadow print of the Bucky image on the back or is it just the design on the front being visible through the jersey material?
    The jersey was constructed of an open mesh so that is just the front print showing through the back of the jersey.
    The jersey was also known as "Two for Cross Checking Bucky". Keep your stick on the ice bud...
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

  15. #35
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,496

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    I made a thread of new college hockey jerseys for this season:
    https://twitter.com/Biddco/status/1179878384274411520
    Not just because they are the Huskies, but U-Conn gets my vote for putting something unique into college hockey jersey design. They pulled off a "fade-away" jersey.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    I made a thread of new college hockey jerseys for this season:

    https://twitter.com/Biddco/status/1179878384274411520
    Tonight, Minnesota added a couple of features to its gold jerseys to honor the late Doug Woog: https://www.fox9.com/sports/gophers-...nor-late-coach

  17. #37
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,914

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    Tonight, Minnesota added a couple of features to its gold jerseys to honor the late Doug Woog: https://www.fox9.com/sports/gophers-...nor-late-coach
    Thanks! I'll add that. Is that their usual gold jersey or a new one?
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Thanks! I'll add that. Is that their usual gold jersey or a new one?
    I believe that it is this year's third jersey that has been used for other games, just augmented with the nameplate and commemorative patch.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    180

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    I know this isn't an NHL forum, but I like the one-off uniforms for the Winter Classic this year. Nashville's shirts have a little Michigan Tech in them.

  20. #40
    Watch out for the bull!
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    North Mankato, MN
    Posts
    3,308

    Re: Uniform Watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    I know this isn't an NHL forum, but I like the one-off uniforms for the Winter Classic this year. Nashville's shirts have a little Michigan Tech in them.
    Shirts? I've got friends who get testy if you call them jerseys instead of sweaters. They'd go into meltdown hearing someone call them shirts.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •