Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wjc 2020

  1. #1
    southpaw
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,715

    WJC 2020 - Let's get that 5th straight medal

    I'll be making the trip to Ostrava for three of the US Prelim games.

    Anyone else going this year?
    Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 12-12-2019 at 01:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,702

    Re: Wjc 2020

    The players, I imagine.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,435

    Re: Wjc 2020

    I wish I was going...what an excellent idea for a trip

  4. #4
    southpaw
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,715

    Re: Wjc 2020

    We're looking at 28 on the US camp roster, with 23 of those going to Czechia.

    I'm a bit surprised Pinto from UND was invited, despite his performance so far. Anyone know how many players not on the summer camp list have made the team recently?

    https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1070336

  5. #5
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,702
    Quote Originally Posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    We're looking at 28 on the US camp roster, with 23 of those going to Czechia.

    I'm a bit surprised Pinto from UND was invited, despite his performance so far. Anyone know how many players not on the summer camp list have made the team recently?

    https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1070336
    Ask a Badger fan about how confused we are about Miller and Emberson.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    190

    Re: Wjc 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    We're looking at 28 on the US camp roster, with 23 of those going to Czechia.

    I'm a bit surprised Pinto from UND was invited, despite his performance so far. Anyone know how many players not on the summer camp list have made the team recently?

    https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1070336
    If I understand your question correctly, it looks like two of the 28 players on the WJC preliminary roster weren't at the 44 player WJSS evaluation camp: D Alec Regula and F Robert Mastrosimone.

  7. #7
    southpaw
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,715

    Re: Wjc 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    If I understand your question correctly, it looks like two of the 28 players on the WJC preliminary roster weren't at the 44 player WJSS evaluation camp: D Alec Regula and F Robert Mastrosimone.
    Good to know.

    I meant more in general during the past few years, how many players eventually made the final WJC team without having been to the WJSS eval camp? I'd imagine the number is pretty low.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    190

    Re: Wjc 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    Good to know.

    I meant more in general during the past few years, how many players eventually made the final WJC team without having been to the WJSS eval camp? I'd imagine the number is pretty low.
    I agree that it's probably a rare occurrence. Someone with more background and analytical skills than I possess could determine. Since this article re. 2020 snubs and surprises cites injury as the cause in Mastrosimone's case, I'm sure it's been repeated with some modest regularity in the past.

    https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...-and-surprises

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •