Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1001

Thread: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,453

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBear View Post
    "Huh...I wonder how UNH fans are feeling about their season so far."
    Clearly...not great...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    130

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Clearly...not great...
    Despite you being our "rival" (in geography alone, of course) I always hope for the best for UNH. Hoping you see better days ahead.

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,754

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBear View Post
    Despite you being our "rival" (in geography alone, of course) I always hope for the best for UNH. Hoping you see better days ahead.
    That is really appreciated GreenBear! I do the same for Dartmouth; happy for your Cornell win! Best of luck the rest of the way. Trying to keep a realistic outlook and as the second half of the season unfolds hoping for the team to string together some wins, get into a good spot HE wise as far as the tournament, etc. Happy holidays to you and yours. (and that includes 'Merry Christmas' )
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBear View Post
    Despite you being our "rival" (in geography alone, of course) I always hope for the best for UNH. Hoping you see better days ahead.
    Same. Especially with regard to your coaching staff. It was great seeing the Big Green compete out in Denver a couple seasons back. And grab a win if I remember correctly...!

  5. #105
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,658

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    That is really appreciated GreenBear! I do the same for Dartmouth; happy for your Cornell win! Best of luck the rest of the way. Trying to keep a realistic outlook and as the second half of the season unfolds hoping for the team to string together some wins, get into any spot HE wise as far as the tournament, etc. Happy holidays to you and yours. (and that includes 'Merry Christmas' )
    FYP
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,754

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    FYP
    Thanks! Well...I guess I could accept any spot; ask me in March....
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  7. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBear View Post
    So I was looking at the list of topics I hadn't read in a while, and as a Dartmouth fan who does keep tabs on UNH, I thought: "Huh...I wonder how UNH fans are feeling about their season so far."

    Imagine my surprise when I clicked and got The McLaughlin Group instead!
    Welcome to Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, GB.:-)

  8. #108
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    13,030

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So, two posts in a row touting your moral authority to 'promise keeping' in which you...fail to keep your promise? Is just saying you'll keep your promise enough to convince yourself you've actually done so? In reality it took only two strikes of the return key to get from moral authority back to making your case on weather/climate with all the depth and intelligence of the Amanda Seyfried character in Mean Girls...
    Not sure if you noticed, but I was answering Greg's (fair) question - not you - and figured I'd try to lighten the recent end-of-the-world-is-nigh mood on here with a funny AND topical (climate) video from George Carlin … guess I just never realized you were such a delicate snowflake soul.

    My bad. I'll try to be super careful not to trigger you, or upset your little safe space in the future.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Not sure if you noticed, but I was answering Greg's (fair) question - not you - and figured I'd try to lighten the recent end-of-the-world-is-nigh mood on here with a funny AND topical (climate) video from George Carlin … guess I just never realized you were such a delicate snowflake soul.

    My bad. I'll try to be super careful not to trigger you, or upset your little safe space in the future.
    Response where it belongs...

    https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...t-a-twatwaffle
    Last edited by Dan; 12-19-2019 at 04:10 PM.

  10. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,754
    Army....what's the buzz tell me what's happening...leading the Atlantic with a nice 10-5 record. Decent PK..can put puck in the net. Anybody got a read on this match up?

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Army....what's the buzz tell me what's happening...leading the Atlantic with a nice 10-5 record. Decent PK..can put puck in the net. Anybody got a read on this match up?
    Bentley has beat Army two of three games so far this season, so the Cadets cannot be that tough. Oh, wait ...........

    EDIT: breaking news! JvR adds two more goals tonight, on four SOG.
    Last edited by Snively65; 12-19-2019 at 09:36 PM.

  12. #112
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    13,030

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    EDIT: breaking news! JvR adds two more goals tonight, on four SOG.
    Good for him. Up to 6th on his own team in scoring, perhaps making a late run for All-Star recognition, something that's eluded him in his eleven (11) NHL seasons to date. Gotta make it eventually, eh?

    Further to my previous points when I've called JvR a "3rd liner on a strong NHL team" … guess what? Looks like the Flyers are doing better this season than in recent seasons. And guess who's the 3rd line LW on their line charts over the last month or so (although TBF he's on their first PP unit)?

    https://themorningpuck.com/line-comb...delphia-flyers

    These charts only go back about a month, so I'm not saying they're perfect, Snives. You may also notice he's moved UP from the 4th line in some of those earlier games, and isn't getting any (trackable) time on the first two lines during this stretch. I know he has had injury issues earlier in the season. Maybe his recent scoring uptick will see him earning more TOI? Or maybe his scoring uptick has to do with his place on the first PP unit (BTW perfect for him)??

    No one likes being the Grinch at this time of the year, or on this subject, but I know this has been an issue that's annoyed some of you, and you're definitely entitled to your opinions. But I'll stick with mine, which are that (1) JvR tops out as a very good player at NHL level - not elite, or even All-Star caliber; (2) he's a top six player on a weak team - his past Flyers and Toronto teams, for example; and (3) he's a 3rd line player on a strong NHL team with realistic Cup ambitions. FWIW, I'm not sure the Flyers are that good this year, but they are better. And the evidence (above) shows he's currently outside the top six forwards, except for the PP.

    Those are my opinions - then and now - and (at least) right now, that's what the facts reflect.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  13. #113
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,967

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    I just realized how appropriately named this thread is, with "water... trending upward" nicely representing the indisputable truth of the rising sea levels due to scientifically proven climate change.

    Happy Holidays to all you Cats fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I just realized how appropriately named this thread is, with "water... trending upward" nicely representing the indisputable truth of the rising sea levels due to scientifically proven climate change.

    Happy Holidays to all you Cats fans.
    Thanks for this voice of reason, Nick. I take back all of the negative things that I have posted about you over the years. You are ok. :-)

    And, best wishes to you and your team this season, as well, as long as your team does not get in our way. :-)

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,339
    Does anyone really believe this? Or is it another case of fake news as that rootin tootin chuck says?

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/world/magnetic-north-pole-drift-scn-trnd/index.html

    Merry Xmas.

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    19

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    Just thought that I would wish all of you dang hooligans a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! If any of you yahoos even care, I was off the grid for a bit while having a medical procedure. And if you're that gal-durn curious, let's just say that it was....an implant....to help....with certain....things. Ain't gonna tell ya more, use your noggins if ya want to figure it out.....

    CHARLIE MURRAY... USING MY BACKYARD AS YOUR OWN PRIVATE JOHNNIE ARE YA??? YOU BEST BE CAREFUL NOW THAT I'M UP AND ABOUT!!!
    GIT OFF MY LAWN!!!!
    And Merry Christmas, ya heathen!!
    I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
    AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    EDIT: breaking news! JvR adds two more goals tonight, on four SOG.
    Two more tonight against Ottawa...

  18. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Two more tonight against Ottawa...
    Yup, first goal unassisted. On second line tonight with Kevin Hayes and Nicolas Aube-Kubel; fifth most TOI for forwards with 17:46 mins.

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Yup, first goal unassisted. On second line tonight with Kevin Hayes and Nicolas Aube-Kubel; fifth most TOI for forwards with 17:46 mins.
    Meanwhile my Bruins...🙄

  20. #120
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    13,030

    Re: UNH Hockey: Treading Water or Trending Upward

    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyUNHer View Post
    Just thought that I would wish all of you dang hooligans a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! If any of you yahoos even care, I was off the grid for a bit while having a medical procedure. And if you're that gal-durn curious, let's just say that it was....an implant....to help....with certain....things. Ain't gonna tell ya more, use your noggins if ya want to figure it out.....

    CHARLIE MURRAY... USING MY BACKYARD AS YOUR OWN PRIVATE JOHNNIE ARE YA??? YOU BEST BE CAREFUL NOW THAT I'M UP AND ABOUT!!!
    GIT OFF MY LAWN!!!!
    And Merry Christmas, ya heathen!!
    Nice to see you back up and around, you grouchy ol' bugger. Right back atcha!!
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •