Providence Friars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence Friars

Speaking of possible injuries, is Maureen Murphy out with an injury?

Re: Providence Friars

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    Heard she was going to transfer - destination unknown. I think I heard it while watching a game on line.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

what is the rules on how many games = 1 season of eligibility? (she played 11 games) just wondering if this year counts...she is a Jr. My bet is she goes Green & Gold
      Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 12-11-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
        what is the rules on how many games = 1 season of eligibility? (she played 11 games) just wondering if this year counts...she is a Jr. My bet is she goes Green & Gold
        AFAIK, the ratio of games only applies for a medical redshirt, and I think it was like a third of the regular season or less. It seemed like teams could apply for a waiver in borderline cases.

I know that football has softened its rules so that a player can see minimal action and still redshirt w/o an injury, but I don't know if hockey added anything equivalent.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
          Heard she was going to transfer - destination unknown. I think I heard it while watching a game on line.
          Can a player transfer mid season?

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
            Can a player transfer mid season?
            Yes, though that rule is only a couple of years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
              Yes, though that rule is only a couple of years old.
              I know it happened last year but the player and the two teams escapes me but, it was a goalie and the goalie suited up and played right after the end of the first semester.

Comment

I know it happened last year but the player and the two teams escapes me but, it was a goalie and the goalie suited up and played right after the end of the first semester.
                I believe it was Syracuse picking up a goalie from Quinnipiac. Addison Small, maybe?

Edit: Allison, not Addison.

Comment

PCs record is a lot better without Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    I believe it was Syracuse picking up a goalie from Quinnipiac. Addison Small, maybe?

Edit: Allison, not Addison.
                    Yes, I think you are correct, you are a volume of knowledge on women's hockey trivia.

Edit You are correct and it even says mid season transfer and she started a game for Syracuse on Jan 11.

Assuming Murphy is not going to redshirt because of the amount of games she played, I think someone nailed it with calling for a mid season transfer. So, it would have to be a non Hockey East school because of their transfer restrictions.

Somebody has guessed Clarkson. I doubt a player could get any mid season scholly so I would not rule out Ivy in addition to the other schools.
                    Last edited by Reddington; 12-12-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

My guess has more to do with Clarkson Then Ms Murphy. Clarkson is not where they usually are and I am guessing Ms Lonergan is lost for season ( although have not heard anything-which is suspicious in itself).

Comment

Working...
                      X